If We Do Walk From Spikes

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Re: If We Do Walk From Spikes

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

But that would only be considered a bust by you...Spikes is not a bust. He is a good reliable player. Just because we walk from him doesn't mean he's a bust. It just means financially it didnt make sense, we're looking for a more complete type of LB, or some internal issue (behavior). Spikes provided more than someone like Chad Jackson ever did. Spikes isn't a bust.

If a team walks away from a 2010 draft pick in 2013, that pick is a bust. 

There is no other possible way to look at it.

Stop being a debbie downer. I just put down 3 possible ways to look at it. Spikes isn't a bust. So say if we do walk from him and he proceeds to play 10 more seasons at a good not great level, would you still consider him a bust?

Just to let you know, he's a Jets fan. That's why he says replacing a potential pro-bowler with a potential all-pro means the potential pro-bowler is a bust.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to IrishMob7's comment:

Seems you're in the minority, much like most of your points here.  To each his own I guess.

And I have no problem with being in the minority.  This is just opinion.  Your opinion and my opinion differ.

No need to be a total dick about it.

Like telling someone to "Eat Me"?? All because they pointed out YOUR mistake?

So now I guess we are dealing with no brains or class....nice combo buddy....

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

And we'll deal with that when the time comes. Far as we know Collins could replace his production.

I'm sure they can/could replace him.  If the pick was good, they wouldn't need to replace the spot after 28 games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from IrishMob7. Show IrishMob7's posts

Seems you're in the minority, much like most of your points here.  To each his own I guess.

And I have no problem with being in the minority.  This is just opinion.  Your opinion and my opinion differ.

No need to be a total dick about it.

Not trying to be a dick.  Just pointing out what a ridiculous standard you hold BB to.  You've been on record saying that he sucks as a GM and is a cheater because of Spygate.  It would appear you have a vendetta against him which has ignited you to make foolish statements regarding every aspect of his work.  When you make those statements, don't expect others not to confront you.

It's funny, though.  You are offended for me opining on your take, but yet I constantly see you lambaste others on the Bruins board for holding a ridiculous premise.  It seems like a bit of a pot meet kettle situation with you.  You come here and state ridiculous opinions and although you're free to state what you want, don't get offended for others countering your opinion or critiquing it.  You do exactly that on the Bruins board, but in a much more dickish and sarcastic way.  It seems like your role reverses over here.  But whaddevaa

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to rtuinila's comment:

Just to let you know, he's a Jets fan. That's why he says replacing a potential pro-bowler with a potential all-pro means the potential pro-bowler is a bust.

Wait.  I'm a Jets fan?

When did that happen?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Not trying to be a dick.  Just pointing out what a ridiculous standard you hold BB to.  You've been on record saying that he sucks as a GM and is a cheater because of Spygate.  It would appear you have a vendetta against him which has ignited you to make foolish statements regarding every aspect of his work.  When you make those statements, don't expect others not to confront you.

It's not my fault the GM has a pretty average drafting record, signs big name busts and hasn't won a Superbowl since he was undressed by the league for cheating.

Without Tom Brady, this team would be nowhere.

Spikes is just another notch on his ladder of failure in the draft (assuming he walks away, which is what this thread is all about).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pats current 2014 salary cap situation shows $114m committed for and $7.5m in dead money. I am not so sure they have the money to sign Lee, nor do I think they spend the money it will take to sign him. They already have Hightower, Mayo and Collins signed, and they would put signing McCourty ahead of signing another teams free agent, including Lee

Please do not post any cap numbers. We've seen your behavior with that stuff in here before. You're terrible with numbers and are clueless in terms of macroenomics and how it mixes with microeconomics.

Our bet with the Jets cap situation proved that. In spades.

They will likely win the Fanene case today, too, so don't pretend you know a realistic number.

so says the guy who has no understanding of the cap situation (you)

so says the guy who LOST the Jets bet!

Fanene is not in the numbers posted

Please learn the game, and learn the cap before sticking your foot in your mouth! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

He's a tool, trust me.   

Trust me, it's not too tough to see.....

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

It's not my fault the GM has a pretty average drafting record, signs big name busts and hasn't won a Superbowl since he was undressed by the league for cheating.

Without Tom Brady, this team would be nowhere.

Spikes is just another notch on his ladder of failure in the draft (assuming he walks away, which is what this thread is all about).

Stop typing everyone!! We have a new winner for most ignorant post of the year folks....

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats current 2014 salary cap situation shows $114m committed for and $7.5m in dead money. I am not so sure they have the money to sign Lee, nor do I think they spend the money it will take to sign him. They already have Hightower, Mayo and Collins signed, and they would put signing McCourty ahead of signing another teams free agent, including Lee

Please do not post any cap numbers. We've seen your behavior with that stuff in here before. You're terrible with numbers and are clueless in terms of macroenomics and how it mixes with microeconomics.

They will likely win the Fanene case today, too, so don't pretend you know a realistic number.

Please learn the game, and learn the cap before sticking your foot in your mouth! 

You were told repeatedly by at least  dozen onlookers that I won our second Jets bet.
    Fanene would have to be if he signed a 3 year deal in 2012, dummy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22357499/report-pats-will-attempt-to-recoup-25m-fanene-bonus-in-july-hearing

2012 - Year 1 (dead money)

2013 - Year 2 (dead money)

2014 - Year 3 (dead money)

If NE wins this case, the contract and what they are due tohpay him this year and next will be voided under the conditions of the new CBA clause which references a failure to disclose.

He apparently did not report his taking Vicodin and Motrin to even get on the field, which shows intent to hide his true health. If NE had know that element, there is no way they would have guaraneteed them money they did.

Do your homework before mouthing off.

Here it is from March, before today's hearing:

•        

Decision reached in Jonathan Fanene hearing

• By Ian Rapoport
    • Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
    • Published: March 14, 2013 at 02:53 p.m.
    • Updated: March 14, 2013 at 05:06 p.m.
    • 6 Likes  |  1 Comments

Friend(s) EmailYour Email Send Email

• By Ian Rapoport

More Columns >

The Collective Bargaining Agreement Appeals Panel issued a decision in the Jonathan Fanene matter Thursday, according to documents I've obtained.

It upheld the ruling that Fanene made "inaccurate and incomplete disclosures of his medical condition" during a pre-employment physical "failing to disclose his regular use and need for painkilling medication to practice and play."

In one memo which I obtained, Senior Vice President of Labor Litigation & Policy Dennis Curran stated, "Accordingly, if the Club prevails at the merits hearing, it may be able to recover some or all of the signing bonus paid to the player as a remedy for the player having made material misrepresentations in the course of negotiating the Player Contract."

The Pats can claim Fanene's signing bonus, which was $3.85 million, was paid as a result of fraud.

Only $2.5 million of the bonus was paid out, while the rest of Fanene's bonus was deferred until this year. That figure, which would net against a future cap, is what the team will likely see if the NFL proves the Patriots' case.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150822/article/decision-reached-in-jonathan-fanene-hearing

Dumbkoff, read what I wrote....I wrote that Fanene's numbers are NOT in the figures reported.

Also, Dumbkoff, the Jets bet was fixed you dumbkoff. Every team MUST be at that cap number by the date we bet on....so of course the Jets were. NO TEAM, is allowed to start the free agency period over the cap

what a dumbkoff (think I like that nickname for you? how does Rusty stick, when you are so totally dumbkoff?)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

You were told repeatedly by at least  dozen onlookers that I won our second Jets bet.
    Fanene would have to be if he signed a 3 year deal in 2012, dummy.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22357499/report-pats-will-attempt-to-recoup-25m-fanene-bonus-in-july-hearing

2012 - Year 1 (dead money)

2013 - Year 2 (dead money)

2014 - Year 3 (dead money)

If NE wins this case, the contract and what they are due tohpay him this year and next will be voided under the conditions of the new CBA clause which references a failure to disclose.

He apparently did not report his taking Vicodin and Motrin to even get on the field, which shows intent to hide his true health. If NE had know that element, there is no way they would have guaraneteed them money they did.

Do your homework before mouthing off.

Here it is from March, before today's hearing:

•        

Decision reached in Jonathan Fanene hearing

• By Ian Rapoport
    • Reporter, NFL.com and NFL Network
    • Published: March 14, 2013 at 02:53 p.m.
    • Updated: March 14, 2013 at 05:06 p.m.
    • 6 Likes  |  1 Comments

Friend(s) EmailYour Email Send Email

• By Ian Rapoport

More Columns >

The Collective Bargaining Agreement Appeals Panel issued a decision in the Jonathan Fanene matter Thursday, according to documents I've obtained.

It upheld the ruling that Fanene made "inaccurate and incomplete disclosures of his medical condition" during a pre-employment physical "failing to disclose his regular use and need for painkilling medication to practice and play."

In one memo which I obtained, Senior Vice President of Labor Litigation & Policy Dennis Curran stated, "Accordingly, if the Club prevails at the merits hearing, it may be able to recover some or all of the signing bonus paid to the player as a remedy for the player having made material misrepresentations in the course of negotiating the Player Contract."

The Pats can claim Fanene's signing bonus, which was $3.85 million, was paid as a result of fraud.

Only $2.5 million of the bonus was paid out, while the rest of Fanene's bonus was deferred until this year. That figure, which would net against a future cap, is what the team will likely see if the NFL proves the Patriots' case.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000150822/article/decision-reached-in-jonathan-fanene-hearing

Dumbkoff, read what I wrote....I wrote that Fanene's numbers are NOT in the figures reported.

Also, Dumbkoff, the Jets bet was fixed you dumbkoff. Every team MUST be at that cap number by the date we bet on....so of course the Jets were. NO TEAM, is allowed to start the free agency period over the cap

what a dumbkoff (think I like that nickname for you? how does Rusty stick, when you are so totally dumbkoff?)

Ahh, I see you've become unglued, because I just exposed the living daylights out of you with actual facts.

It's also why I knew I had you on the 2nd Jets based bet we had. I did my homework. You didn't. Your source was a Jets fan dork at Jetscap.com. I used MANY sources to figure out which was most accurate, you stupidly took the bet and I had you cold.  Cold.

You're so still embarrassed by your instance you'd win, while losing, that you still won't admit it, Mr Harvard MBA.

No matter how many times you call me some goofy Babe-induced name, while you're not banned for it, it won't change that fact.

Bludgeoned beyond belief.

lmao

Guy, YOU LOST THE BET! The Jets got under the cap!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

if the Patriots have no intentions of keeping Spikes after this year, they may as well trade him before the trading deadline this year.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

To Not-A-Shot and anyone else who thinks this way,

SPYGATE WAS A WITCH HUNT!

http://www.secsportsfan.com/taping-is-legal-kiddies.html

"Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes by the end of the first quarter."

Ok, take out your notebooks and and cross out everywhere you thought that stealing signs is illegal. Wow, you guys are misinformed.

ESPN's John Clayton. 2006
    "Teams are always trying to steal signs and signals off other teams. That's just football."

And this from ESPN's ombudsman,

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=schreiber_leanne&id=3438752

For an hour and 15 minutes preceding the Goodell news conference, this "SportsCenter Special" was a runaway train of inflammatory speculation that had Schlereth and Carter placing asterisks on all the Patriots' Super Bowl wins under Belichick.

Several times, Wingo tried to remind viewers this was simply the analysts' personal opinion, but Schlereth resisted the notion that his opinion was debatable. Nothing short of a flashing red "speculation" sign filling half the screen for a full 75 minutes would have had any chance of counteracting the effect Schlereth and Carter were having.

Where were the calm heads?

Even normally calm heads like John Clayton and Sal Paolantonio, ESPN reporters put on screen to comment from their remote locations, caught the fever. Clayton in Seattle offered the information that, with current technology, you could now burn CDs from videotapes at halftime and use them during the game.

"They obviously had some value within the game," said Paolantonio, in Manhattan at the still-delayed news conference.

Wingo succumbed as well, echoing Carter's Super Bowl theory: "We would be naive to think [Belichick] did not tape the Super Bowl."

In the realm of speculation, however, it is an anchor's job to remain neutral, even at the expense of seeming naive. When the Goodell news conference finally, mercifully started, the first question posed was whether Walsh had said anything about the Patriots' use of tapes during games.

"He was very specific that the tape remained in his possession the entire game," Goodell said, "and that they were not used during games."

Never mind.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Spikes is not a bust. He is however a liability in coverage, a big one. The PATS will try and get him some help in that area and continue to let him be a great run stopper.

There may be some personal issue we will never hear about that is fueling this. The PATS could be also sending a message to Spikes to step up and fly straight (if it's some sort of locker room matter)

Time will tell.

False. He has been very good at improving himself in the coverage area. He improved from 2010, 2011 and into 2012.

His INT on Flacco dropping into zone in the 2011 AFC Title game was well executed.

Not a strength (run stopping and instincts are), but to say it's a :BIG liability" when he's a 3 down player most of the time is somewhat silly.

He also has good instincts which is very evident when he's not on the field for our team. His presence returning at the end of 2011 was felt enormously and he had a fantastic postseason, even in the SB.

Hilarious!! You have to go back two years to find him making a play in coverage...pathetic and typical kool aid response. Pita embarrassed him this post season - all that Spikes should of been doing this off season is working in Foxboro on his coverage and change of direction skills, yet he was 1400 miles away "working out" on his own. He's a two down linebacker playing three downs because all of our backers can't cover.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff6/babeparilli/bill_belichick_ii_zps805c5bb5.jpg

Sections
Shortcuts