If we lived in Indy

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Re: If we lived in Indy

In Response to If we lived in Indy:
    [QUOTE]What I think is amusing is that if we lived in Indy we'd be bashing Brady and talking Manning up. An Jules and Ud if living in NE would be reversed also. Just saying I think it's funny how our opinions would change if we were born elsewhere-Sh-t probably be talking up the Seahawks big time if I lived in Seattle-just saying!! Lastely I can't stomach Manning either but U gotta give the guy his due he's going to go down as one of the best-1st choice hall of famer-that says something!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

Likely, if we were Colt fans. But the thing is most of us would be doing it on a Colts fan website.

See the difference?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Do any of the board regulars here visit the Indy Star site . . .   ever?

Does the Indy Star even have a site like this one?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In Response to Re: If we lived in Indy:
    [QUOTE]Do any of the board regulars here visit the Indy Star site . . .   ever? Does the Indy Star even have a site like this one?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Easy.  They only got cable about 5 years ago.  Internet access is still by dial-up.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]I don't bash brady.  Have a ton of respect for his game.  That said, my belief that Manning is better is seen as bashing here.  That's fandom. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Dogg...don't confuse truth for bashing. 

Just because we support the best QB in the NFL doesn't mean we bash Manning.   So now, as I write the sentence, "Tom Brady is the best quarterback in the NFL" am I bashing Peyton?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Indystar did have a message board, at least a few years ago. Someone posted a link here for a very funny discussion (cannot remember exactly now). And I'm sure they bash Brady regularly. But to be honest, most of the Manning-bashing here is aimed at feeding trolls some of their own BS. Most sensible posters will agree he is one of the better QBs to have played the game. But the thing most here seem to dislike about him is all the hype he gets. Even Marshall Faulk last week said he thinks Manning should be higher up the "top 100" list than Brady. But now the stats are a lot more even than a few years ago. And both have played in 18 postseason games. Yet Tom is 14-4 while Peyton is 9-9. Things like this are why Patriots fans have a loathing for Manning. And pointing out these facts constitutes "bashing" to the trolls and guys like UD who engage in the Brady vs. Manning threads.

As for the title of this thread; if I lived in Indy I'd be packing my stuff up and moving....tonight!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Kobe is the best 2 in all of the NBA.
    Mariano is best closer in baseball.
    Brady is the best QB in football.

It's just that easy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottanderson32. Show scottanderson32's posts

I live in Indy and can not stand the Colts. I am a die hard Pats fan. I have a few friends here that feel the same way. I am not from Indiana though so that may have a little to do with it. But Brady is so much better than Manning. I hear it all the time here. Manning this and Manning that. The Colts fans hate me here. So I got the Pats love in Inday locked down for ya, GO PATS!!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from helterskelter. Show helterskelter's posts

Underdogs mom would have a lot of extra money(you know who you are).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

I've driven though Indiana many times on visits back to NH and Maine, there's no reason to live there believe me.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from brughj12. Show brughj12's posts

[QUOTE]Do any of the board regulars here visit the Indy Star site . . .   ever? Does the Indy Star even have a site like this one?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]C'mon I'm talking overall-you can always find the minority in any stat. Listen I am all #12 also-but thinking objectively we must all admit we admire Peyton Manning for what he has done on the field! And enough of these jokes about his head-how juvenile. Let's keep it sensible. The man has one ring and is still playing. Lets also state the obvious-no closet posting here. PM is the last person us Pats fans want to see-he can win a game by himself,esp. if we were to have a few turnovers! Lets get real Pats fans!!!
    Posted by jimmytantric[/QUOTE]

"Speak" for yourself.  A lot of us are pretty sore about the way he got that ring at the expense of any semblance of a fair game vs. the Pats in the AFCC. 

You don't have to travel back far in time to get a sampling, either.  In last Sunday's Colts-Titans game, the Colts got more freebies and non-calls. Take away even one of the more significant P/I calls and the Colts may lose.

Same thing happened the week before. They got a ridiculous P/I call that put them in close proximity to score thereafter. 

In fact, it is so common that I have read (and written) posts here that the only fear in a Pats-Colts post-season game is the potential for rigged officiating so Manning can "win" another ring.

Take away all of his special help over the years, put him out in the cold elements, like Denver, Foxboro, Buffalo, Green Bay or such, and he is merely a pretty good QB. In fact, a third of the QBs on the NFL's Top 100 list were warm weather or dome QBs (Young, Montana, Manning, Marino, Staubach, Aikman, Warner), and it makes me wonder how the would have stacked up in cold, miserable playing conditions. You can't compare fairly their stats to those of Favre, Starr, Unitias, Luckman, Bradshaw and so forth. 

Then there is Brady, who took a major step to the front this year, and just two years removed from a major knee injury, and with a far less raw talent available at the skill positions on the offense with which to support him, compared to those other guys on the list.  Montana and Young had Rice, the no. 1 player in most minds.  Unitas had Ray Berry. 

Brady, for my money, is the best in all the important things that count.

And to better prove you wrong, I think it is safe to say that before this season, most fans here would have said that Montana was the best QB ever. Heck, even six or seven weeks ago they would have agreed with that.  I would have. But simply put, the NFL has never witnessed a finer, more dominant QB performance - PERIOD.  Brady is playing in a way that nobody has done before, not even him.  The stats make it clear.  So do the talking retired QBs on the shows.  A sane, unbiased fan living on the moon should be able to see that Brady has finally separated himself from the pack this season.

Still not convinced Brady has had the best season ever?  You've heard by now that Brady went for 36 TDs and four INTs, right?  Well here is an insight being missed by all: The first two of those INTs were to Moss, who quit on the plays and surrendered both INTs.  Brady could not be blamed. 

Brady threw a third INT that was caught by Edleman, but it was wrestled away by the defender.
    Brady could not be blamed.

The fourth INT was a Hail Mary pass at the end of the half in the Ravens game.
      Again, Brady could not be blamed. 

That is four INTs, but not one of them caused by Brady. The only  turnover for which he can be blamed was his sole fumble of the season

I dare you to scour the history of the NFL and find any QB who has come close to a season like this. Find me another one that did not cause even one of his INTs for a full season.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]I've driven though Indiana many times on visits back to NH and Maine, there's no reason to live there believe me.
    Posted by kansaspatriot[/QUOTE]

I've been through a number of times.  Last time was Summer 2009, to help a friend pick up a mountain bike frame at a mail order specialty dealer (smart enough not to bother with a retail store).  What a depressing dump!  People in New England that have not been to such places just cannot fathom it.  There is nothing like it in New England.  Brockton and Fall River look like Paris and Venice by comparison.  At least Central Falls knows well enough to be tiny if you are going to be a crappy city.  But Indy is big and crappy. The only state capital that I have visited that compares in crappiness is Tallahassee.  But at least Florida has so many outstanding areas elsewhere. Not so for Indiana.  They have the Dunes and that's it. The rest is one big bummer. No wonder there are so many angry, bitter, hateful people there. I'd be angry, bitter and hating it if I lived there.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BelichickDisciple. Show BelichickDisciple's posts

I moved from Boston to the DC area a few years ago, and came back after a couple years. While I was there, I tried to get interested in the Redskins, but after seeing the way the Pats run their organization, the caliber of players they get (they just seem to get a lot of good character guys) and enjoying the consistently brilliant coaching and scheming from BB and co, it was just not possible. The Skins were a joke, it seemed like every major player and some of the assistant coaches had radio shows or TV shows, and they were all flapping their gums about everything... Their team was lousy, the owner seemed like a nutcase, their coaching was average at best, all the dirty laundry was out there for everyone to see... how anyone could remain loyal to that team was beyond me. 

Now that I think about it, it was like the Victor Kiam era of the Pats, but with higher expectations, since the Skins had actually won some superbowls a long time ago. Well, I was a Pats fan back then, so I suppose you get used to what you have!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

We could buy great seats to Saturday's game for just over face value on eBay

(50 yard line, 3rd row of upper tier, $225, no bidders!)

http://cgi.ebay.com/2-INDIANAPOLIS-COLTS-New-York-Jets-TICKETS-1-8-Playoffs-/230570504979?pt=US_Tickets_all_in_one&hash=item35af12b313

For the price of two of those awful Manning jerseys you could go to a PLAYOFF GAME!  I guess Butler must be playing Saturday too.