If Welker leaves, how do you replace him or change the offense?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

If Welker leaves, how do you replace him or change the offense?

So I wan to hear from all the people here who don't want Welker back.  How will you replace him, and what changes will you make in the offense with Welker gone?

Ready, set..... GO!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

Re: If Welker leaves, how do you replace him or change the offense?

id like to see welker back for the right price....however

1. put hernandez at receiver, have gronk and ballard be the two tight ends

2. use edelman in similar packages that they used welker in

3. go out and sign another speedy receiver/stretch the field receiver....he.ll, it could be another possession receiver as long as he can get the job done.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

how many different butterfinger wes threads are you going to make??? stop spamming the board you troll. "we" don't replace wes, BB does... relax your crack!

The guy who spams a football board with political threads and then gets banned calls another poster a troll.  Priceless.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Welker47. Show Brady2Welker47's posts

I dont think you replace a welker not sure there is a replacement...the obvious ones are always hurt..Edleman..Amendola...I think you go and get an outside threat and tweak the offense...ovbiously playing to their strengths...i dont believe any one player out there can replace Brady to.Welker...hope im wrong!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I hadn't seen any one who wants Welker gone so I don't know where this idea comes from.  Rest assured, it ain't going to be an easy thing to do.  It is a reality that money plays a huge part in all of this and that's just the age of FA.  Good players are going to be let go and that not only happens in Patsland.  Other teams face the same challenge.  

Outside of that I have no idea how the Pats/BB will handle it.  With the three TEs you may see Hernandez in the slot, moving to the backfield like we see him do from time to time.  I often thought of what that look would be like and would seem to give offer mismatches for the bigger Hernandez.  I caution this with the critics who says Welker misses key drops because Hernandez has trouble at times with the ball too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

There has been talk in the past of moving Hernandez to slot, I don't think this would work.  Maybe move him out as another WR would be a better idea.  But still, his hands and not being able to stay healthy all season worries me.

They still need someone to stretch the field so they are going to still need to pick up another WR.  Not sure who, not Bowe, not Jenkins.

If they go out and sign Amendola then they should have just paid a bit extra and kept Welker.  So I would rather them not pick anyone up for the slot position, use Edelman and convert Vereen over as a slot receiver and have both of them fill in at slot then spend the extra money on a deeper threat.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Draft Da'Rick Rogers aka Julio Jones' little brother, utilize Edelman/Hern in the slot and implement Ballard with Gronk. Rodgers is 6'2, 206 ilbs and he's known for his physicality and toughness. He can't be bumped and pressed because he tosses CBs around like children. 

With all these guys out there, defenses will have to keep the safeties out of the box and give Ridley more room to run. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Do you really think the Tom Brady without Wes Welker will turn into Mark Sanchez? Are you aware that Tom was already a FHOF when Welker was being cut by the Chargers and Dolphins left and right? 

The Pats will go on, just like they moved on post-Moss. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Quite frankly I don't see the offense as being the problem as I do the defense.  The game was the Pats until Talib went down and then it was open season.  The offense stuggled but the Pats had the lead.  Once you lose the lead the game plan changes and the more you get down the more it changes.  A big WR would be nice but the defense is the reason why the Pats lost the game.  It's the reason why it's up to Brady to win the playoff games of the last two seasons.  Nobody expected the defense to do it.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Draft Da'Rick Rogers aka Julio Jones' little brother, utilize Edelman/Hern in the slot and implement Ballard with Gronk. Rodgers is 6'2, 206 ilbs and he's known for his physicality and toughness. He can't be bumped and pressed because he tosses CBs around like children. 

With all these guys out there, defenses will have to keep the safeties out of the box and give Ridley more room to run. 

Why did he transfer from Tenn?  What's the football IQ? Can he be had in the mid rounds?

NE would still a veteran flanker, though.

1.) Failed drug test.  

2.) Football IQ not highligted, can't tell you about that. But he played outside and as the slot...here's his scouting report so far....

"espite playing in the ultra-physical SEC, Rogers proved too strong for most teams to consider pressing. He's also versatile, showing the ability to line up outside, as well as in the slot. While it is easy to get excited about Rogers' size-speed potential, one of his greatest attributes is simply his toughness, as he absorbed several big collisions on games viewed and never dropped a pass due to a hit while at Tennessee. Rogers is a powerful runner who fights for additional yardage and has the agility and speed to run away from the pack for explosive plays."

3.) See answer 1, he's essentially, a BB type player. He'll be there in the third because of his off-field issues, but his 1st round talent might make teams go after him earlier. 

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

Get someone in the FA or a trade, and yeah draft a receiver

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from profootball. Show profootball's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

So I wan to hear from all the people here who don't want Welker back.  How will you replace him, and what changes will you make in the offense with Welker gone?

Ready, set..... GO!

The money if we sign Welker should go for Mike Wallace.  He is 26 years old, very fast and physical and taller than Welker too.  Edelman and Jeremy can fill in the slot receivers.  So we have, Lloyd, Mike Wallace, big Gronk, speedy Aaron.  This group will be good for Tom since has couple years left in his belt.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Tag Welker.  There's a huge difference between $11m for one year, probably his best remaining year given his age (he turns 32 in May), versus a $33m contract for three years with $15m guaranteed.

If Welker gets injured, see if Edelman can fill in.  Edelman could accelerate even better than Welker in the Combine 3-cone drill, Edelman is a bit taller and Edelman has an incredible drive to learn new things.  That's how he transitioned from quarterback to wideout to defensive back to returner.   Too bad the guy has the throwing accuracy of a Tim Tebow.

Brady still has Hernandez half the time and Gronk all day.  Great tight ends seem to grow on trees for some reason, so BB may want to build for 2 or 3 tight end sets. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I don't know if you really replace him, I think the offense will have to evolve a bit. I could see Hernandez taking some of those catches for the offense, but he will be injured, it's just a matter of when. I would like to see them sign or draft a young guy...the typical type they look for...quick and smart. Of course I'd love to see them add a big, fast, outside the numbers guy, but that isn't going to happen. In the end I think they will ride their tight ends until one of the younger guys steps up - that could take a while if history is any indicator, but you never know.

I think they'll be fine - the ball willl just have to go somewhere else.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I want him back, I just know that it's not going to happen unless he takes the deal he was offered.  Right now it seems like about 60% chance that he will, but I can see a team that thinks they are close to winning it all taking him, or a team like Buffalo that would want someone inside to do what Welker does, and maybe try to steal some Patriot secrets and put fans in the seats.  Edelman can do some of what Welker does, but it won't be the same.  However, we are heavy on inside guys and light on outside guys, so I'd rather spend the money on a big, fast receiver.  Keep Lloyd, too.