If Welker leaves, how do you replace him or change the offense?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: If Welker leaves, how do you replace him or change the offense?

Hartline needs more tds for me to pick over Marshall.  Hartline had 1 td last year and 6 in his career but ill give you he'd be a lot cheaper. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LHNYJ. Show LHNYJ's posts

Hey check it out...TFB started yet another thread and Clark Griswald is acting like a know it all....again.

Does this place ever change?

How is Gronk doing in rehab? The reason I ask is because I just saw a thread in here about it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

LHNYJ.   That's Leon Hess New York/Jersey.   How the sandy victims doing?   I hope you have been doing some volunteer time. After all still some with out power and your name says you can help out in 2 states. You did tell me how you take care of your own, didn't you ?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to Philskiw1's comment:

LHNYJ.   That's Leon Hess New York/Jersey.   How the sandy victims doing?   I hope you have been doing some volunteer time. After all still some with out power and your name says you can help out in 2 states. You did tell me how you take care of your own, didn't you ?

yes and unlike provincial small-minded new englanders we tend to accept outsiders

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

yes and unlike provincial small-minded new englanders we tend to accept outsiders

c'mon man, you are classifying new englanders  the worng way. vermont, maine and new hampshire are totally different than the southern new englanders, and the ones from connectticut are really east new yorkers

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

We have Edelman. And they may go for a cheaper version of WW - Amendola

Won't work.  These are all bandaides at best.  Resign WELKER is the answer, a deal which both parties make out.

Be nice, but you think he'll take a pay cut to stay on a winner? or can we afford him to drop another pass and lose another big game?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JRABBB. Show JRABBB's posts

NE is NE to me.I don't like any of ya!   LOL

Hey Philly Boy! How are ya my horribly accented neighbor from the North!?

Great thread about Gronkowski signing himself in to rehab!See ya there!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

He could go to the Jets and have that franchise QB throwing to him!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Leon my boy. I but you were on your soap box after Katrina.  I bet you were on it for the BP oil spill.  But just like in the last Steinfield episode you'd just walk by your own when their right there dying in front of ya.  You worry more about eating salt or drinking a 32 ouncer.  Poor sandy victims maybe they will get some help one day. Maybe it will get warm soon and they won't freeze to death.  The upstaters are kind people, after all they pay for the city.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from In_BB_We_Trust. Show In_BB_We_Trust's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

Hey check it out...TFB started yet another thread

Why yes I did!  Also, Check out the relationships forum, I believe I also started another thread about me and your wife that you can comment on.

burn

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Won't work.  These are all bandaides at best.  Resign WELKER is the answer, a deal which both parties make out.

Glad to have some support here, lol!

There is nobody they can plug in and do what Welker does for the team.  I would think the amount of change that will need to be done to the offense will require a lot of moves, more then what they want or can do at the moment.  I assume they have had a certain style of offense in mind and have building towards that for several years now only to be slowed down by injuries (Gronk and Hernandez).  If they think they can replace Welker like they thought and failed to do with Randy Moss then all they have to do is go back and look what happened when they let Moss go. 

You and Noise are Welker lovers, not Pat fans, wouldn't be too surprised to find out you guys became fans in 2007. You're acting like Brady was a joke without Wes Welker, but he was fine. The offense doesn't need to be overhauled if the Pats lose Welker, the Patriots have 3--count them--guys who can play in the slot in Hernandez, Edelman AND Woodhead. Also, add to the fact that Danny Amendola and Jeremy Ebert are there for the taking if the Pats choose to promote and go after them. 

The Pats offense will be fine if they get another outside WR. There are tons, and I mean TONS of 6'1 and over 200+ pound WRs in the draft for the Patriots to go after. It's time Brady developed a young WR since Deion Branch. The Pats were fine post-Randy Moss (They won every game after he was traded) and they'll be fine post Welker. 

We have a Gronk. 

Became pats fans in 2007'.  Not pats fans. ----Wow are you wrong!! Anyways, moving on to your logic....

So it sounds like your a pom Pom pusher. Go along with whatever the pats decide and defend it to the end.  Suppose you had Seymours replacements too, a couple years back?  How about Asante's replacementS?  

You and about whatever % out there that doesn't want WELKER back will probably get your wish.  Lets see if anyone out there can replicate what WELKER has done the past 5 seasons.  I highly doubt it.  So you'll get your wish, just make sure you come back here and admit your wrong, when these words creep into your mind during the game.....'god, I wish they resigned WELKER'.....If I'm wrong, ill be the first to come back here and say you guys where right.

what I do know is this, WELKER will be ON the field and playing every week...the guys you rattled off in your 2 cent comment, NONE of them played a full season in their career yet!  Yeah, good luck with that....

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Became pats fans in 2007'.  Not pats fans. ----Wow are you wrong!! Anyways, moving on to your logic....

So it sounds like your a pom Pom pusher. Go along with whatever the pats decide and defend it to the end.  Suppose you had Seymours replacements too, a couple years back?  How about Asante's replacementS?  

You and about whatever % out there that doesn't want WELKER back will probably get your wish.  Lets see if anyone out there can replicate what WELKER has done the past 5 seasons.  I highly doubt it.  So you'll get your wish, just make sure you come back here and admit your wrong, when these words creep into your mind during the game.....'god, I wish they resigned WELKER'.....If I'm wrong, ill be the first to come back here and say you guys where right.

what I do know is this, WELKER will be ON the field and playing every week...the guys you rattled off in your 2 cent comment, NONE of them played a full season in their career yet!  Yeah, good luck with that....

Another fantastic post by NOISE!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Leon my boy. I but you were on your soap box after Katrina.  I bet you were on it for the BP oil spill.  But just like in the last Steinfield episode you'd just walk by your own when their right there dying in front of ya.  You worry more about eating salt or drinking a 32 ouncer.  Poor sandy victims maybe they will get some help one day. Maybe it will get warm soon and they won't freeze to death.  The upstaters are kind people, after all they pay for the city.  

yes the "upstaters" pay for the city not millions of tourists who spend billions of dollars  as the most visited city in america-not the tax dollars and rents businesses pay in manhattan

nope it's all them farmers in towns with populations of 3500 that pay for nyc

got it

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to LHNYJ's comment:

Hey check it out...TFB started yet another thread

Why yes I did!  Also, Check out the relationships forum, I believe I also started another thread about me and your wife that you can comment on.

as they used to say "oh snap!"

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

There is nobody they can plug in and do what Welker does for the team.  I would think the amount of change that will need to be done to the offense will require a lot of moves, more then what they want or can do at the moment.  I assume they have had a certain style of offense in mind and have building towards that for several years now only to be slowed down by injuries (Gronk and Hernandez).  If they think they can replace Welker like they thought and failed to do with Randy Moss then all they have to do is go back and look what happened when they let Moss go. 

You and Noise are Welker lovers, not Pat fans, wouldn't be too surprised to find out you guys became fans in 2007. You're acting like Brady was a joke without Wes Welker, but he was fine. The offense doesn't need to be overhauled if the Pats lose Welker, the Patriots have 3--count them--guys who can play in the slot in Hernandez, Edelman AND Woodhead. Also, add to the fact that Danny Amendola and Jeremy Ebert are there for the taking if the Pats choose to promote and go after them. 

The Pats offense will be fine if they get another outside WR. There are tons, and I mean TONS of 6'1 and over 200+ pound WRs in the draft for the Patriots to go after. It's time Brady developed a young WR since Deion Branch. The Pats were fine post-Randy Moss (They won every game after he was traded) and they'll be fine post Welker. 

We have a Gronk. 

For the most part, HELLS YEAH! I support what BB thinks is right, even though I felt as if Seymour needed to stay. The HUGE difference between Welker and Seymour/Samuels/Harrison/Vrabel is that they were on the defense. Defenses need as much talent as possible because their talent dictates how well they play. Compare that to the offense who has the best QB of all time in TB. Brady made Reche Caldwell into a stud, he made Deion Branch, David Givens, Doug Gabriel work, but if he loses Welker he's doomed to Mark Sanchez level of play? 

And for the record, I never said I didn't want Welker back, I said I didn't want the Pats to break bank over Welker. With only 19 million of cap space to spend and a RT to lock down, the Pats have little more than 12 million to move around. 

The question comes down to this, is Welker more valuable than Talib? The answer is NO! Welker played in the AFCCG and his production didn't make the offense score any points. When Talib was on the field, The Ravens recorded three straight 3 and outs until the realized that they could attack anyone not name Dennard. If Talib were on the field, I'm not saying that The Pats win that game, but they sure as hell have a closer game that 28-13. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

yes the "upstaters" pay for the city not millions of tourists who spend billions of dollars  as the most visited city in america-not the tax dollars and rents businesses pay in manhattan

nope it's all them farmers in towns with populations of 3500 that pay for nyc

got it

You ever see what they pay for property taxes?  When the city goes bankrupt who then pays? Your beloved tourists?   You think Syracuse, Watertown, Albany just ride the wave? Do you even own property?  What's your mil rate?   

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

We have a Gronk. 

For the most part, HELLS YEAH! I support what BB thinks is right, even though I felt as if Seymour needed to stay. The HUGE difference between Welker and Seymour/Samuels/Harrison/Vrabel is that they were on the defense. Defenses need as much talent as possible because their talent dictates how well they play. Compare that to the offense who has the best QB of all time in TB. Brady made Reche Caldwell into a stud, he made Deion Branch, David Givens, Doug Gabriel work, but if he loses Welker he's doomed to Mark Sanchez level of play? 

And for the record, I never said I didn't want Welker back, I said I didn't want the Pats to break bank over Welker. With only 19 million of cap space to spend and a RT to lock down, the Pats have little more than 12 million to move around. 

The question comes down to this, is Welker more valuable than Talib? The answer is NO! Welker played in the AFCCG and his production didn't make the offense score any points. When Talib was on the field, The Ravens recorded three straight 3 and outs until the realized that they could attack anyone not name Dennard. If Talib were on the field, I'm not saying that The Pats win that game, but they sure as hell have a closer game that 28-13. 

Ok, in one breath you say you support what BB thinks, then in the next breath, you felt Seymour should have stayed....but then you go into a huge part it meaning defense, which is fine.  the way I look at is; WELKER is a core player on this team right now!  Probably a top 5 patriot at this time easily....core player/playmaker!  Guess what 49patriots?  Uhm, you keep those guys!!  

And for the record, me or tfb12 never said to break the bank for him either but to find a deal that would work for both partieS.  we feel he is a core patriot, he should still be with this team.  I can't speak for tfb12 on other pats core guys, but when I think of Seymour and Asante, were two big 'core' guys or playmakers on this team and they got away, one traded...With nothing in return right away...I feel WELKER is another one of these guys.....don't let him get away.  I certainly didn't want wilfork to go and they managed to keep him, I like that they locked up the TEs early for multi years so we don't have to worry about this for years ....wish they did these sort of things with other core guys in the past like big sey and Asante.....but they got  too cute....

in closing, for you to base 1 game on who is more valuable is silly.  The way the game went that day and how the pats coached that day was horrific....to pin the tail on WELKER is ridiculous! Sure, talib injury didnt help any, but its a team game and they were playing at home!  Should have still won but they didnt have a good day as a team.  period.  but, Without WELKERs value ALL season the pats would've never been 4 quarters away from another SB!  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

ive answered this question and waht pats shouold do overall for the last 3 months.

here is a short summary in response to a different question posted on the draft thread.

with 3 picks, if we get a pass rusher in fa, a take the top cb avail ie rhodes, then big outside speed wr with hands.

with no pass rusher in fa, im looking to either trade up to best pass rusher in reach (ie ansah) or grab the best avail. (lastly, there is the risky option of trying to nab carradine in rd 2)

top 3 needs pass rusher, cb, wr.

then o line, speedy cover lb, safety, dt 

in that order.

schemewise a move to hitting bigger wr further downfield than 4-5 yards every down

josh learning how better to mix in the run and having multiple threats inthe game at the same time (including rb behind the qb) adn better gameplans (or replacing josh).

and on de, bb swicthing to more aggressive defensive scheme through the whole seaosn (against most teams).

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Bump