if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN...

if your into FOOTBALL and not just stats, if you understand the X's and O's of a football game then please watch this video... while you watch i would like for you to not focus on the ball, but focus on #81 RANDY MOSS.

AFTER WATCHING THIS CAN YOU REALLY SAY HE'S "DOGGIN' IT"???? NO! if i was busting my a** and being booed by the home fans, id look like randy did on the sideline too.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from K-max. Show K-max's posts

Re: if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN...

Yeah, 3 DB focusing on him in the last clip as he's running full speed down field in one of his 71 out of 74 possible Offensive snaps.

The worm has finally turned when Merril Hodges, the ultimate Patriot Hater, has had enough of the Bu!!$h!T  and is coming to Randy's defense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

im actually insulted that no one has any input on this... i thought we stood by our stars as pats fans

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

The coverage he gets every single week speaks for its self.  Teams that play him one on one need a new coach asap

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

When Merrill Hoge, a known Patriots basher, says Moss wasn't dogging it, that opened my eyes. Even if he was dogging it, I was never a proponent of dumping him or boo'ing him. He's a part of our organization and without him at least attracting that kind of attention, there's no Wes and without Wes, Brady's spending more time on the ground. Either way, the guy is contributing to our offense.

He breaks out BIG TIME against Buffalo. Watch...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

In Response to Re: if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN...:
    [QUOTE]im actually insulted that no one has any input on this... i thought we stood by our stars as pats fans
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

You're insulted that people don't feel the need to point out what should be obvious to anyone who has followed the Pats for more than five minutes?

You shouldn't be.

Modern Pats fan appears, as far as I can tell, to be uninformed and petulant -- spoiled, if you like. Randy Moss is one of the best receivers this game has ever seen and completely controls the way teams play defense against the Pats. As a fan, you have every right to cheer or jeer whomever you like, but when you boo Randy Moss, you show other fans that you are a bandwagon moron.

Personally, I don't feel the need to validate or repudiate the opinions of bandwagon morons. Engaging them in debate, or going to any great length to point out their collective moronica (quite possibly not a real word) fuels the erroneous perception that their opinions matter.

They don't.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]im actually insulted that no one has any input on this... i thought we stood by our stars as pats fans
    Some of us have defended Moss all week here, so I think it's just a matter of people are getting burnt out on this argument.

You could have a video of Moss pulling orphans out of a burning building and some people would still find a reasom to hate him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I've been defending him all week.  I'll say now what I said then.  No way BB and several of his teammates so adamantly defend him if he was dogging it.  BB would have made no comment, or been very elusive.  It's mystifying to me how anyone can look at BB's history and think he would cover for someone who's dogging it...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i guess im just sick of all of it.  at work the past three days all ive heard from coworkers were little snide comments about the "oakland moss" i too have been saying this all week, but when i saw this video i wanted to put it up here in hopes of the naysayers looking at it and shutting the fcuk up.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Maineeac. Show Maineeac's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN... : You're insulted that people don't feel the need to point out what should be obvious to anyone who has followed the Pats for more than five minutes? You shouldn't be. Modern Pats fan appears, as far as I can tell, to be uninformed and petulant -- spoiled, if you like. Randy Moss is one of the best receivers this game has ever seen and completely controls the way teams play defense against the Pats. As a fan, you have every right to cheer or jeer whomever you like, but when you boo Randy Moss, you show other fans that you are a bandwagon moron. Personally, I don't feel the need to validate or repudiate the opinions of bandwagon morons. Engaging them in debate, or going to any great length to point out their collective moronica (quite possibly not a real word) fuels the erroneous perception that their opinions matter. They don't.
    Posted by prairiemike[/QUOTE]
    At least you're a nice guy.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

I wouldn't be insulted. It's just that most people have been stating this point all week. I agree with you 100% and I'm sure most everyone on this board feels the same way.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking103. Show harleyroadking103's posts

There is a 'ole saying about fans.."stand in front of them and they *blow, stand behind them and they *suck, stand beside them and they do nothing"

...what's this has to do with anything I don't know i just like the saying.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pochen23. Show pochen23's posts

that last clip showed how fast Moss is lol... it is some amazing speed. 3 DBs man... I honestly want to see teams start shifting double coverage to Welker and leave Moss single covered in thinking that he is dogging it. I would love to see that. As good as Welker is, he doesn't draw that much attention, not even close.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]that last clip showed how fast Moss is lol... it is some amazing speed. 3 DBs man... I honestly want to see teams start shifting double coverage to Welker and leave Moss single covered in thinking that he is dogging it. I would love to see that. As good as Welker is, he doesn't draw that much attention, not even close.
    Posted by pochen23[/QUOTE]

That's the thing about Moss...he is so fast that it's deceptive to the eye. He basically looks like he's just loping down the field and other players are running furiously to keep up with him. He's like a freakin' gazelle (makes it look effortless). I'm not a Moss basher. I think people need to lay off the guy and stop being fair- weather fans. 

Oh and I do agree with the poster that said some NE fans are very spoiled by the successes the franchise had in this decade. To expect one team to dominate and be consistently great every year is unrealistic. We have to take the bad seasons with the good and with the so-so seasons. JMO of course.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from IndianaPatsFan. Show IndianaPatsFan's posts

I'd like to see us all stand behind ALL of our players more. I realize that Wilhite, Kaczur, Maroney, and other maligned players are not the best in the NFL at their respective positions. But as long as they are sporting red, white, blue, and silver, I'll be rooting for them.

This is a critic forum FIRST and a fan forum SECOND.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from vapatfan1. Show vapatfan1's posts

Very enlightening.  I noticed Moss putting a nice block on that first play that allowed Falk to get a few more yards.  When you slow things down and look at in more detail it's clearly apparent that Moss really affects how a defense assigns its coverage. 

On that last play Moss drew three defenders.  That leaves 8 to rush and cover 10 Patriots. 

As as one person pointed out, Moss really runs deceptively fast. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

If Moss was really dogging it, you'd hear it from somewhere.  There would be a leak from inside the team of someone complaining.  The fact BB and Brady defended him, and Hoge did too, those in the know, know the true picture.  We fans only see part of the picture, literally.  The TV doesn't show off play action nor do you watch any action away from the ball when you are at a game in person.  If he weren't drawing attention away from others, would WW have all those catches?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: if you are a REAL FOOTBALL FAN... : That's the thing about Moss...he is so fast that it's deceptive to the eye. He basically looks like he's just loping down the field and other players are running furiously to keep up with him. He's like a freakin' gazelle (makes it look effortless). I'm not a Moss basher. I think people need to lay off the guy and stop being fair- weather fans.  Oh and I do agree with the poster that said some NE fans are very spoiled by the successes the franchise had in this decade. To expect one team to dominate and be consistently great every year is unrealistic. We have to take the bad seasons with the good and with the so-so seasons. JMO of course.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]

I'm a big Pats fan, and I had my doubrts when tehy traded for Moss. True, he runs like a gazalle. But, lately, he also catches like one. So much for speed. We, as Pats fans, have hammered previous WR's and TE's for dropping seemingly ewasily catchable balls, or even drops. Yet, we're all prepared to give Randy a pass? When he was doing the same thing in Oakland, we were on him like a 49'er defenzive player on a Cardinals fumble.

Back when they traded for him, I said it was going to be a matter of time before Rand was going to be Randy. Is the time here? Pro football is NO place for an overly sensitive WR sulking about his own indiscretion.  Suk it up, and play the game like it didn't aftfrect you. Here's hoping he snaps out of it this week. But, if he reverts to crocodile arms, cutting his a route across the middle short, or watches an errent pass go by, I say give him the bench. Time to give him the Cher Treatment (as in Moonstruck): BB needs to walk up to Moss, slap him hard across the face,a nd demand that he "Snap Out Of It!" 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Yapple. Show Yapple's posts

"If Moss was really dogging it, you'd hear it from somewhere."

Exactly. He'd be on the bench.

Sections
Shortcuts