If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers?

Wow what a bad break for Harbaugh! I'll bet the house he thought that he was going to get Goober too play QB in his system!!! Now if I'm Alex Smith my price just went way up to re-sign with the traitor who was willing to cast me off like used garbage! Better yet would be to leave his sorry posterior looking for a QB!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers?

Sure, if they offer the most money.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd sign with who ever would give me the biggest paycheck. I mean seriously it's Smith. There can't be a lot of teams competing for his services, not to mention he really doesn't want to play for the Phins (ROFL at Phins)

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

Realistically, Smith can't be that insulted that SF was in on Peyton but it sure would be funny if he went to Miami and left SF with a big hole at QB.

I'm guessing Smith goes back to SF and MIA is once again minus a real QB.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In Response to Re: If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers?:
    [QUOTE]Realistically, Smith can't be that insulted that SF was in on Peyton but it sure would be funny if he went to Miami and left SF with a big hole at QB. I'm guessing Smith goes back to SF and MIA is once again minus a real QB.
    Posted by Thesemenarecowards[/QUOTE]

But if he goes to SF won't SF still have a big hole at QB? Lets face it, no matter where he goes they will have a hole to fill lol. But, SF does have a promising QB they think could be there future Mia does not

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

If Smith cares about winning he will go to SF.  The guy already has a ton of money from being the first overall pick.  They almost went to the SB last year.

As for the Peyton thing I don't see what the big deal is.  Smith was a free agent and has had one good season.  A first ballot HoF QB just came on the market and Smith rejected a previous contract offer for 8 million per (which is a ton considering the guy throws for only 200 yards a game).  If he signs somewhere else like Miami he will be exposed.  SF is an ideal situation for him.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Thesemenarecowards. Show Thesemenarecowards's posts

In Response to Re: If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers?:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you are Alex Smith do you re-sign with the Turncoat 49ers? : But if he goes to SF won't SF still have a big hole at QB? Lets face it, no matter where he goes they will have a hole to fill lol. But, SF does have a promising QB they think could be there future Mia does not
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Well Smith was just the QB in a season where they went to Overtime in a conference championship game, so some might find that to be reason for optimism in his ability.  It is true though, they do have the kid Kaepernick (Sp?) who they drafted high last year.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimfromFlorida. Show JimfromFlorida's posts

You could ask the same question of all the other teams who went after PM. Except of course Miami who don't have a QB. Smith will sign where it works for him that could be for the money or the right situation which could be SF.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

This is pretty simple. I would make the 49ers pay alot of money and most of it guarenteed, after not getting Manning. Smith is in the front seat now. He can demand what he wants from the 49ers. Smith could also be a dink and when he gets very close to signing with the 49ers he could tell them that he has changed his mind and will sign with the Dolphins. LOL

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

for similar money, i'd go to miami for the following reasons...

1) no state income tax
    2) no matter where he goes, he would be competing for the starting spot every week
    3) very high expectations in sf (it's sb win or bust) - if they do not win the sb, he would be the scape goat. and i do think that team will blow up with the number of prima donnas they have. it will just take three losses in a row.
    4) lower expectations in mia
    5) at this point in his career, i would just milk for more guaranteed money.

if i were mia, i'd match what sf offers and guarantee slightly more money. i am guessing the price would not be too high that they would still be able to pick up tannenhill in the first. or, they could give up their second for hoyer.

at least they'd have two qbs competing for the starting spot.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The guy turned down 8M per. I heard on the NFL network that it was a 3 year deal and the lenght was the issue. He should beg them to re-offer it. Before last year people would have took Hoyer over Smith. 8M per isnt bad QB money.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]The guy turned down 8M per. I heard on the NFL network that it was a 3 year deal and the lenght was the issue. He should beg them to re-offer it. Before last year people would have took Hoyer over Smith. 8M per isnt bad QB money.
    Posted by Philskiw1[/QUOTE]

turned down whose offer? i am watching nfl network, no mention of it when they covered smith. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bubthegrub12. Show Bubthegrub12's posts

The original offer is still on the table...3 years $24 million. Smith simply hasn't agreed to it. Now that they didn't get Manning, they are saying they want Smith back. But they refuse to up the ante. Smith won't be going to the Fins, they have signed David Garrard. As for being "betrayed", that's a bit much, considering Manning is one of the best QBs to ever play the game. It's not like they went out and tried to get some second tier QB to replace Smith. His smartest move would be to re-sign with SF. That gives him the best shot at getting to the SB. But I also think maybe they should sweeten the offer a bit as a show of faith. Harbaugh will talk to the guy and probably get him back on board. Once he realizes this was all business and nothing personal he'll figure out that's the best place he could be. I also doubt anyone else will offer him something significantly better than the $8 million a year. Now if they do go to the SB and he plays like he did in the NO game, he should be asking for a raise. 

Sections
Shortcuts