if you believe in these things in March

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

if you believe in these things in March

RANKTEAM/RECORDCOMMENTS

Seahawks
    11-5
    High-risk, high-reward move for Percy Harvin got voters' attention. (Sando)

49ers
    11-4-1
    Two-time defending NFC West champs can restock with 14 draft choices. (Sando)

Broncos
    13-3
    The Elvis Dumervil debacle aside, the Broncos are winning free agency and giving Peyton Manning all he needs to succeed. (Fox)

Falcons
    13-3
    Steven Jackson joins Tony Gonzalez in quest to cap great career with a championship. (Sando)

Patriots
    12-4
    Danny Amendola for Wes Welker is an upgrade as long as the former Rams slot receiver can stay healthy. (Hensley)

Packers
    11-5
    They were prepared to lose Greg Jennings and can replace him as long as Aaron Rodgers is still in his prime. (Graziano)

Texans
    12-4
    Even though the Texans lost pass-rushers Mario Williams and Connor Barwin in the past two years, they still have enough rush thanks to J.J. Watt. (Clayton)

Ravens
    10-6
    The dismantling of the Super Bowl champs has been quick and swift. Six starters are already gone. (Hensley)

Colts
    11-5
    The Colts picked up five starters on defense in free agency and are looking for a few small parts for their offense. (Clayton)

Bengals
    10-6
    The Bengals haven't been aggressive in using that salary-cap room, but they've made it a priority to keep their own free agents. (Hensley)

Bears
    10-6
    They finally addressed the offensive line. Opinions abound with regard to how well they actually fixed it. (Graziano)

Saints
    7-9
    Saints will presumably pick up where they left off in 2011, as a good team. (Sando)

Redskins
    10-6
    No cap room to rebuild the defense, and no guarantee RG III and his knee will be ready for Week 1. (Graziano)

Giants
    9-7
    No eye-popping pickups, but no crushing losses either. No reason to think they can't go 9-7 again. (Graziano)

Rams
    7-8-1
    Rams have flexibility with two first-round picks after adding Jake Long. (Sando)

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: if you believe in these things in March

I think Seattle is too high.  They still have to demonstrate they can win consistently on the road before they get crowned number 1.  Plus I think SF is still the better team if (and it's a big if) Justin Smith is healthy and effective.

Denver also strikes me as too high.  If they don't retain Dumervil I think it hurts their team more than acquiring Wes helps it.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

The Seahawks are up and coming definitely.. first? i don't know about that but they hould definitely be up there..

However the Donkey's remind me and are the Nhl's version of the Rangers. Welker/Nash offseason pickup and everyone wants to write their ticket.

Both teams lack serious depth Broncos on D and Rangers up front and have no one who is a big playoff performer..

I guess in all seriousness you can only look at this with a grain of salt..I feel the same way about these type of rankings before, during and throughout the season. They are never accurate.

NHL.com put their power rankings up and have the ducks above the hawks...lmao someone always has an agenda..

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I think it's pretty telling that the overall succes of your team i.e. the difference between playoff contender and super bowl contender, depends on how well Percy Harvin behaves.  Seattle will be tough but I won't be convinced until I see how that group looks at mid-season.

Apart from that, I'm really not a huge fan of these kinds of assessments.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I dont believe these things in Sept, Oct, Nov, Dec, or Jan