If you could pick one player from any team...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

If you could pick one player from any team...

Forget Crabtree, who would you most like to see on the Pats? Extra credit if he makes less than $10mil/year.

My vote is Patrick Willis.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: If you could pick one player from any team...

Ware from Dallas, although BB might pick Ed Reed

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Peyton Manning from Indy.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

Adrian Petersen with a pay cut

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnnyPieman. Show JohnnyPieman's posts

In Response to If you could pick one player from any team...:
    Forget Crabtree, who would you most like to see on the Pats? Extra credit if he makes less than $10mil/year. My vote is Patrick Willis.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

RB Adrian Peterson. You put Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Chris Baker, Kevin Faulk, and Adrian Peterson on the field at the same time and there isn't a defensive coordinator in football who is going to be able to scheme for that nightmare.

(Although I have to admit, the idea of teaming up Jerod Mayo and Patrick Willis at ILB in a 3 4, and letting one of them go outside in the 4 3, is a scary prospect.)

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JBonesky. Show JBonesky's posts

or Richard Seymour ; )   just kidding

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Ware or Willis on D. Both are beasts. On O the Pats would ruin the entire league if they had Peterson or Fitzgerald.....and from a positional standpoint an LT worthy of being mentioned in the breath as Gregg, Ogden etc.....people keep playing the fantasy game, but none of that matters if the QB and RB are on their cans 6o% of the time.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bergzilla. Show Bergzilla's posts

I think Gonzales would be a good addition or Dallas Clark

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chikaitse. Show chikaitse's posts

Ray Lewis - We need LB and defensive leadership.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

I know ya said 1, but You took Willis (Who stated somewhere that he "likes when Offensive Lineman break through and come at him" (insane), So I have to split mine up....Also, say the first choice or 2 aren't available, So I have 3 on Defense and 3 on Offense:

DEFENSE                                                  
    OLB James Harrison-Choice A#1-too athletic AND Intelligent; not just his sacks, but his turnover ratio wih forced fumbles, realizes this is an entire momentum changer.  Perfect BB guy.

DE Julius Peppers-Choice #2-close call between him and a receiving weapon for Brady, but his sack total, speed and desire still makes him unpassable.  I'm a Defense-guy and love what "undead Al (Davis)" said one time when he was still sane-"Within the first 2 series of the game, the other team's QB has to go down, and has to go down hard."

OFFENSE
    TE Dallas Clark- Choice #3-Very Intelligent pass-catching weapon with absoluely sure-hands (cough, cough-see Watson when he's not in a contract year).  Knows where to be, and when to be...With Welker out, we are seeing no question that Brady NEEDS more options than unreliable Galloway, Moss on a fly/deep slant pattern, and a rookie QB turned WR.

RB Chris Johnson- Choice #4 Peterson's been mentioned, so I'll go this route.  Kid's young and sick fast.  Keeping the Defense honest with a quick backfield threat that can take it to the house would buy Brady not just more stats, but many more years.

of note:
    IF the top 2 guys on D aren't available-I'll go with CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie, AND/OR unless we can take CB Darelle Revis from division rival Jets: 2 guys still in their Rookie Contracts who show desire and skill o be true shutdowns someday (very soon).
    IF the top guys on O aren't available-I'll go first with another TE, here, completely (it seems) "ageless" TE Tony Gonzalez, who appears to have only lost a step or 2 (which only still makes him much better than 95% of the TEs in the League), AND/OR ANY and I mean Annny very Angry, Big, Fast Offensivelineman that ideally can lead this Pat's O-Line and give them some sort of a nasty attitude and swagger back.

Thoughts ANYONE

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

hmm
    Only one on offensive side would be a stud LT. I think adrian peterson is great but he would be mediocre running behind our run blocking...

Most likely it would be a defensive player... LB, Safety or a DL
    I would go with Willis, Polumalu, or Tuck/Ware

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlemaslow. Show seattlemaslow's posts

In Response to Re: If you could pick one player from any team...:
    Peyton Manning from Indy.
    Posted by underdogg

Ha...now is that because you want to see him in a Pats uniform?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I didn't see where the pats uniform was required.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: If you could pick one player from any team...:
    In Response to If you could pick one player from any team... : RB Adrian Peterson. You put Randy Moss, Wes Welker, Chris Baker, Kevin Faulk, and Adrian Peterson on the field at the same time and there isn't a defensive coordinator in football who is going to be able to scheme for that nightmare. (Although I have to admit, the idea of teaming up Jerod Mayo and Patrick Willis at ILB in a 3 4, and letting one of them go outside in the 4 3, is a scary prospect.)
    Posted by JohnnyPieman

What is this "RB" position you speak of?  Cool

I'll give my vote to Patrick Willis.  What an LB corps we'd have.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Players I like that were mentioned previously:
    DeMarcus Ware
    Patrick Willis
    James Harrison
    Adrian Peterson

To that list, I'll add the following for your consideration:
    Terrelle Suggs (OLB, Baltimore)
    LaRon Landry (S, Washington)
    Troy Polamalu
    Ryan Clady (LT, Denver)
    Marcus McNeil (LT, San Diego)
    Bryant McKinnie (LT, Minnesota)
    Jordan Gross (LT, Carolina)
    Nmandi Asomugha (CB, Oakland)
    Andre Johnson
    Chris Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Usi Umenyiora
    Justin Tuck
    Nick Barnett (LB, Green Bay)
    A.J. Hawk (LB, Green Bay)
    Calvin Johnson (WR, Detroit)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

And if I had my pick, I'd definitely try to go younger, which is why I didn't include my favorite player (Ed Reed) or my other favorite player (Brian Urlacher).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from mjh8812. Show mjh8812's posts

ill take matt ryan to stop the nightmare he's gonna give our secondary this weekend...Surprised

or since we're in fantasy land ill take an pre-injury version of Brady..lol

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Patrick Willis, no question. The kid is young and he's going to be a beast (well, he already is). Put him in next to Mayo and this defense starts to look like 03/04.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from sebasatwork. Show sebasatwork's posts

ALL DAY PETERSON

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Isponse to If you could pick one player from any team...:
    Forget Crabtree, who would you most like to see on the Pats? Extra credit if he makes less than $10mil/year. My vote is Patrick Willis.
    Posted by seattlemaslow

Justin Tuck - he is such a disruptive force on d. Something the Pats don't have

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Adrian Peterson. If the Pats had an outstanding running game they would be unstoppable. Imagine having a titanic passing game with a Adrian Peterson pounding the rock.  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

Jared Allen.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Belenus555. Show Belenus555's posts

The defense needs at least one "difference maker" to shut down teams - at least late in the game when protecting a lead - so my picks would be either (or both):

1/ Cortland Finnegan/Darrelle Revis - Having a shut down corner will esentially take away half the field from the opposing offense, forcing them to try the middle or the opposite CB: a situation that a competent DC can convert into a deadly series of boobytraps for the opposition. This is why Deion Sanders was so valuable to SB winning teams at Dallas and SF.

2/ Patrick Willis - You need to have both the intelligence to call the right signals to your defensive cohorts as well the physical ability to lead by example in every play, as the alpha wolf in the defensive wolfpack. Role models for this kind of difference maker at ILB are: Nitschke, Butkus, Singletary, Taylor, or Lewis.

If you can get both, an already good defense would be as close to unbeatable as you can get.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Medic87. Show Medic87's posts

Gotta go defense i guess,     Peppers/tuck

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

How about the entire NY Jets offensive line?

Sections
Shortcuts