If you could take any 3 players in the league right now and add them to your team, which 3 players would you take?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: If you could take any 3 players in the league right now and add them to your team, which 3 players would you take?

In response to maine12's comment:

How is Larry a larger body of work??? Megatron is 6'5 236lbs and Larry is 6'3 218lbs. Calvin has larger hands ran a faster shuttle and a faster 40. Calvon is 27 and Larry is 29. Im not trying to take anything away from Larry but I argueing Larry has a larger body of work would be crazy.

I think you are a bit unclear on the meaning of the phrase "larger body of work".  I am not suggesting that Larry is physically larger than Megatron rather he has a bigger postseason resume.  He has played in more postseason games and while Megatron's one playoff game was memorable Larry Fitz's 2008 postseason was legendary and frankly should have resulted in a SB win.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: If you could take any 3 players in the league right now and add them to your team, which 3 players would you take?

In response to pcmIV's comment:

How is Larry a larger body of work??? Megatron is 6'5 236lbs and Larry is 6'3 218lbs. Calvin has larger hands ran a faster shuttle and a faster 40. Calvon is 27 and Larry is 29. Im not trying to take anything away from Larry but I argueing Larry has a larger body of work would be crazy.

I think you are a bit unclear on the meaning of the phrase "larger body of work".  I am not suggesting that Larry is physically larger than Megatron rather he has a bigger postseason resume.  He has played in more postseason games and while Megatron's one playoff game was memorable Larry Fitz's 2008 postseason was legendary and frankly should have resulted in a SB win.

Haha I absolutely didnt read that clearly. My apology to you pcm. Sorry about that.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

Everyone would love to have Watt or Calvin Johnson or Larry Fitz or AP or Dick Sherman or Revis or a Luck for down the road, etc... so I'll go with some lesser discussed/known names:

DT- Geno Atkins- Would look great as that penetrating type DT next to VW.

S- Earl Thomas- One of the more instinctive safeties and maybe the best overall safety in the NFL.

LB- Luke Kuechly- A young, 3 down stud LB that tackles everything.

BonusWR Randall Cobb- he's one of my favorite players in the league, so I want him in Foxboro.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

1. DT - Suh

2. CB - Reveis

3. G - Iupati

I know that a great RB like Peterson or a WR like Johnson would be great and a fan faovrite. But I want to take a big step up on both sides of the line. Plus a guy like Revis can help the D in criticla ways. It was actually a chouce for me as to whether a DE instead of Revis and I would not be against that either. So Watt was/is a consideration.

I did not take long term future into account. If I did I would likely have gone for Luck as one of the three.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Surprised no one took Rodgers. Still under 30 and is playing at an extremely high level with a porous oline...imagine him with our oline! However, I wouldn't take a QB, so I'm not taking him either!

Also, so much love for the WRs...It's a flashy position, but I still think theyre overrated...especially with todays rules where you can make due with average WRs.

My thinking is this.

Look at what JJ Watt did this season, and then look at his supporting cast...No Cushing, under performing Barwin, etc...Now imagine what he could do with VW!

Now look at Von Miller. I'm not overly impressed with the Denver Defense, but look at the numbers he put up. Now think how dominant Aldon Smith was with Justin Smith....Imagine Von Miller, JJ Watt, and Wilfork all on the same D.

Lastly, I would take Richard Sherman.

Best interior pass rushers and one of the best outside pass rushers...and both can play well against the run. Add that with big Vince and a shutdown corner and you have a dominant D

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Surprised no one took Rodgers. Still under 30 and is playing at an extremely high level with a porous oline...imagine him with our oline! However, I wouldn't take a QB, so I'm not taking him either!

Also, so much love for the WRs...It's a flashy position, but I still think theyre overrated...especially with todays rules where you can make due with average WRs.

My thinking is this.

Look at what JJ Watt did this season, and then look at his supporting cast...No Cushing, under performing Barwin, etc...Now imagine what he could do with VW!

Now look at Von Miller. I'm not overly impressed with the Denver Defense, but look at the numbers he put up. Now think how dominant Aldon Smith was with Justin Smith....Imagine Von Miller, JJ Watt, and Wilfork all on the same D.

Lastly, I would take Richard Sherman.

Best interior pass rushers and one of the best outside pass rushers...and both can play well against the run. Add that with big Vince and a shutdown corner and you have a dominant D

I like the thinking. I considered Von Miller. He is special. I just was not convinced he would fit into this D - but with a guy that good I guess you make room for him.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

how do you figure that?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

i am surprised only 2 other people picked ngata.  the guy is a beast and is always doubled.  him next to vince would be amazing!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to natesubs' comment:

i am surprised only 2 other people picked ngata.  the guy is a beast and is always doubled.  him next to vince would be amazing!

Suh is a better penetrator and holds up just as stout in the run game.  I didn't take a QB because we have Mallet sitting there, I had Mallet rated just above Kapernick as my top two QB's on my draft guide two seasons ago so I think pretty highly of him.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

how do you figure that?

I am saying he deserved it for the way he played that postseason.  He was a monster.  The fact that he scored the go ahead TD in the SB on a long pass play against the top defense in the NFL with a little over 2 minutes left doesn't hurt either.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Ngata, von miller, jjwatt. 

Now that front seven would be so stout versus the run no one would run, and generate so much pressure the CB's we have would have a field day.  A WR and CB would have been my next 2 choices, but Brady has good enough receivers on the roster now to lead the league in points.  Now pair it with this D that will lead in fewest points allowed and we are in buisness. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Thanks everyone. I can't argue with taking any of these guys.

Here's the results so far, looks like most people want defense.
    JJ Watt 20
    Calvin Johnson 10
    Richard Sherman 5
    Darrelle Revis 5
    Andrew Luck 5
    Haloti Ngata 4
    Adrian Peterson 3
    Ndamukong Suh 3
    Von Miller 3

Next question - Which 3 does Belichick take?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Belichick would take Watt.  And obviously I am biased because I picked him, but I think he would take Larry Fitz too.  When we played Arizona last year BB was hugely compliementary of him (said something along the lines of he might be the best WR ever), just like he was with Watt.  Now I know BB never talks badly of any opponent, but he really heaped praise on both of those guys above and beyond what he usually does.  As for the 3rd I have no idea.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

The answer to the second question is likely none of them.  They would all be overpaid to what BB has budgeted for their position.  The fun part of fantasy is imagining a team of allstars.  The reality is you can never actually have it due to the salary cap.  You need the Nink's on the team to work hard, not hurt you on the field or in the cap.  JJ Watt is worth 50 Nink'sa, but he gets paid that way too, or he will.  Young players on their rookie contracts are the exception to above, but who trades those young studs on their rookie deals....no one.  They are too valuable to trade.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from SilverSun. Show SilverSun's posts

Julius Peppers

Larry Fitzgerald

Patrick Willis

Super Bowl with these three!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

Megatron

Revis

Watt

And if we're including zombie players - give me a reanimated Sean Taylor. I fking LOVED how that guy played.

Also...I would take the best C in the league right now. I'm ok with what the Pats have there, but it's the one position along the OLine I feel could be upgraded the most. Voller/Solder are great. Mankins is a stud. Connelly I like, and am still holding out hope for Cannon. Wendell is fine, but imagine him as the 6th OLineman! That's a scary group at that point.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Tydog's comment:

Megatron

Revis(if 100%)

Watt

These were my three before I started reading the thread, guess im not alone.

Hahaha. Yeah, I went a put mine down, then started reading. Impact WR, Impact DLineman, Impact CB. I guess it wasn't that hard to figure out.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Don't know how you don't choose Megatron. Best player at his position, maybe ever, and a position of major need (unless you want to rely on rookies).

I chose Larry Fitz.  The reason?  2008 postseason.  The guy is money when it counts. Megatron was a monster in his one postseason game, but Larry has the larger body of work.

"Larger Body of Work" meaning a bigger sample size (in this case, playoff games) to look at. Not physically how large they are. Vincent Brisby would've been a lot better if that's all it took, and David Boston would be the greatest ever.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Suh is a better penetrator and holds up just as stout in the run game.  I didn't take a QB because we have Mallet sitting there, I had Mallet rated just above Kapernick as my top two QB's on my draft guide two seasons ago so I think pretty highly of him.  

suh is more injury/suspension prone and talks more trash.  Ngata just does his job week in and week out, more pats material.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

Lets make this interesting. take contract amount into consideration.  lets say we only have 25 million to spend and you have to use the players 2013 salary plus the yearly portion of any signing bonus. now pick 3-5 that fit into that 25 million, start looking at the bargain basement.  

example: Ngata- signed 5 year 61 million contract. in 2013 he makes 4 million however there was a 25 million signing bonus so his charge would be 9 million. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Lets make this interesting. take contract amount into consideration.  lets say we only have 25 million to spend and you have to use the players 2013 salary plus the yearly portion of any signing bonus. now pick 3-5 that fit into that 25 million, start looking at the bargain basement.  

example: Ngata- signed 5 year 61 million contract. in 2013 he makes 4 million however there was a 25 million signing bonus so his charge would be 9 million.

My original picks

JJ Watt

signed 4-years $11,230,000 bonus $6,670,000
    2013 $1,396,590 + $1,667,500 = $3,064,090

Adrian Peterson
    signed 7-years $96,000,000 annual $250,000 workout bonus
    2013 $11,250,000 + $250,000 = $11,500,000

Calvin Johnson
    signed 8-years $150,500,000 bonus $16,000,000
    2013 $20,715,000 + $2,000,000 = $22,715,000

Total $37,279,090

Replace Megatron with Wes Welker
    Signed 2-years, $12,000,000 bonus $4,000,000
    2013 $6,000,000 + $2,000,000 = $8,000,000

Total $22,564,090  Bingo!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

Patrick Peterson

Sherman

Watt

Secondary would be lockdown and Watt would bring much needed help in the pass rush department. Combined, these three would be hella cheap to boot since all three are still on their rookie contracts...