If you could trade meriweather

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

Re: If you could trade meriweather

First- since he has been there- the d has stunk, and no pass rush. But, as a #1 draft choice, he also has stunk. The Patriot d bckfield is awful, except for Bodden. I would like to see 2 new DE, and 2 new OLB first, developing a pass rush.   Give him this year,  to either live up to his elite ststus as a #1, or trade him, after the 2010 season. And this year, with the #4 choice, Myron Rolle, safety. I suspect Chung will be a bust.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

yes

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I would NOT.  I like his attitude.  He is fine as far as I am concerned.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from N464Mex-N460A. Show N464Mex-N460A's posts

would you trade meriweather for a fifth round pick?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

It just that he is wearing out his welcome with BB. I suspect when BB drafted him, he thought Meri had enough upstairs to pick up the Patriot (BB's complicated) system.  It appears he not only hasn't, but also is immature and not disciplined enough. He knows he's in the doghouse, but let's see if that might bring out some positive in him, that may help his not being discarded after the season. No not now, the team is not exactly deep back there. I suspect he just can't help himself. As a fan, hope I'm wrong.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYPat. Show NYPat's posts

Absolutely not.                     

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

no I wouldn't trade Meriweather because he has improved, yes he misses plays but he does make plays.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Sadly no Brandon is probably one of the better safeties in the league. Hes not in the Ed Reed, Troy P type of safeties but he is literally right below them. We all remembering his whiffing towards the end of last year and communication errors but we forget how well he was really playing the pass and the fact he was the lone play maker in the secondary.

Hes a well above average safety and really the next Rod Woodson aint rolling out anytime soon in the draft. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

In a heart Beat!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SmokingJoe. Show SmokingJoe's posts

I'd trade merriweather for a 1st round pick in a heart beat.  I would not trade him for a 2nd though, unless an early 2nd....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

He has yet to prove he can consistently excel in B.B.'s system(he has a tendency to free-lance too much for the coach )but the physical skills and the instincts are there.He has improved to the point that there is legitimate hope that will become a standout safety.Would I trade him for a first?It depends on how high the first is.Would I trade him for a promising young pass-rushing DE or OLB,Probably so.Lets see if his problems with his hit on Ravens TE,Tom Heap,and subsequent $50,000 fine get his attention and in line with B.B.'s defensive system.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

For a first round pick?  Yeah, in a heartbeat. But who's going to offer a first round pick?  The Pats would be lucky to get a third rounder for him.  That's no disrespect to Merriweather, it's just reality.  They only got a third rounder for Randy Moss after all.

My opinion is that Merriweather is physically talented, but isn't a particularly smart or disciplined player.  My guess is the Pats do trade him as soon as they have a reasonable replacement.  Merriweather may do well in another system where he can freelance more, but BB's system requires intelligence and discipline, which is why I doubt Merriweather will be the long-term option here. 

Sections
Shortcuts