If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job

Paying $40k a year. And there is the problem, make millions playing a dangerous game or live a real life struggling to pay the bills, etc... If you make millions for playing a dangerous sport don't go woe is me at the end of your career or look to sue the nfl for what is so incredibly obvious (nfl is a violent game and concussions are bad). This is really getting old, along with players crying about only making 9.5 million a year. The nfl is going to go down the toilet,just wait. Greed of past. And former players along with owners will be its downfall

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job

Omg Robert Edwards who played one season in the nfl is part of a group of players suing the nfl. Everybody wants to get paid.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Quagmire3. Show Quagmire3's posts

In Response to If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job:
    Paying $40k a year. And there is the problem, make millions playing a dangerous game or live a real life struggling to pay the bills, etc... If you make millions for playing a dangerous sport don't go woe is me at the end of your career or look to sue the nfl for what is so incredibly obvious (nfl is a violent game and concussions are bad). This is really getting old, along with players crying about only making 9.5 million a year. The nfl is going to go down the toilet,just wait. Greed of past. And former players along with owners will be its downfall
    Posted by Brady2Moss07

I dont think this is whining at all. I think it is an accurate statement and I agree 100%. Players have a choice. And Robert Edwards? Why is he on the lawsuit?? Kind of ironic isnt it, that his career ended from an injury sustained playin FLAG football!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job."

"...And thus therefore, HERE is my actual real-life job offer for you:

{insert random government statistic of how many jobs are available in the retail, sales, secretarial, machine & production, hospitality, governmental & computer Overall Industries in America}

-Happy hunting, clearly you'll have your 1st paycheck in hand by this time next week..." 
         ~sincerely yours,
               Brady2Moss ("real world problem solver extraordinaire")

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

"If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job."

Take 2:

But what if hes not kwalified enough...I mean, "Edgukashunally?"

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Two points;

1. I don't think the fact that people are paid a lot for what they do justifies not caring about what happens to them because of what they do. Taking pleasure in something that in the end leaves someone debilitated, and then not caring about that debilitated individual's fate just because the person was paid a lot does not seem to me to be a morally admirable perspective.  

2.  I believe there are a lot of other people who will find football morally troubling if it results in debilitating mental injuries to large numbers of players. These people will stop watching or supporting the game and it will go into decline much like boxing.  Because of this, doing something serious about concussions is essential to protecting the long-term health of the sport.  If nothing else, the lawsuits are spurring on the NFL (and other sports) to start addressing the concussion issue seriously--and I see that as something good for the long term for the health of the sport.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job:
    Two points; 1. I don't think the fact that people are paid a lot for what they do justifies not caring about what happens to them because of what they do. Taking pleasure in something that in the end leaves someone debilitated, and then not caring about that debilitated individual's fate just because the person was paid a lot does not seem to me to be a morally admirable perspective.   2.  I believe there are a lot of other people who will find football morally troubling if it results in debilitating mental injuries to large numbers of players. These people will stop watching or supporting the game and it will go into decline much like boxing.  Because of this, doing something serious about concussions is essential to protecting the long-term health of the sport.  If nothing else, the lawsuits are spurring on the NFL (and other sports) to start addressing the concussion issue seriously--and I see that as something good for the long term for the health of the sport.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

This pretty much reflects my view.   Simply because a great deal of money is involved does not absolve those responsible for the product don't bear some responsibility for the safety of those who produce it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job:
    In Response to If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : oh stop the whining drama queen...
    Posted by JintsFan

Nice Picture Jints, 2 living legends!!!!Cool
    If my eyes do not deceive me, Jimmy page, and Edward Van Halen

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : Nice Picture Jints, 2 living legends!!!! If my eyes do not deceive me, Jimmy page, and Edward Van Halen
    Posted by Stommpper

Really? Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen????? I thought it was two gay guys from New York! Never would have guessed it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

Sorry, but a person who has played football all of their life knows the danger of the sport. Most of these guys have had concussions in pee wee league, high school and college, but ate going after the nfl. Go ahead with the sarcastic comments, but these guys will destroy the league as we know it. I don't know, but that big helmet they are wearing might suggest there is risk of brain injury. Maybe I'm crazy? Next NASCAR and Indy drivers will be suing because they did not know the inherent risk of driving >200 mph and possibility of accidents.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/19/three-more-concussion-lawsuits-filed-this-week/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

In response to "Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job":
    Two points; 1. I don't think the fact that people are paid a lot for what they do justifies not caring about what happens to them because of what they do. Taking pleasure in something that in the end leaves someone debilitated, and then not caring about that debilitated individual's fate just because the person was paid a lot does not seem to me to be a morally admirable perspective.   2.  I believe there are a lot of other people who will find football morally troubling if it results in debilitating mental injuries to large numbers of players. These people will stop watching or supporting the game and it will go into decline much like boxing.  Because of this, doing something serious about concussions is essential to protecting the long-term health of the sport.  If nothing else, the lawsuits are spurring on the NFL (and other sports) to start addressing the concussion issue seriously--and I see that as something good for the long term for the health of the sport.   Posted by prolate0spheroid
    I think flag football would cure this. No bone crushing hits or sacks. But then players can throw down the flag and dance around it which would likely be very entertaining. And no more worrying about big salaries because nobody will watch it. Then players don't have to whine about the risk of injury, long term security or making less than 10 million $ per year. They could get a real job to support their low paying flag football salary!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : oh stop the whining drama queen...
    Posted by JintsFan

Come on, Jints.. he has a point..  if you put your foot into hot boiling water, and you know it is hot boiling water, don't go blame someone else for the consequences of your actions.  That is essentially what these former players are doing..  following what so many people do in this country..   blame someone else as nothing they do is their fault!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : Really? Jimmy Page and Eddie Van Halen????? I thought it was two gay guys from New York! Never would have guessed it.
    Posted by bradleyBliss

Well im glad I could help point that out to you, sorry if gay guys in N.Y. are your thing but to each his own I guess...Yell

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : Come on, Jints.. he has a point..  if you put your foot into hot boiling water, and you know it is hot boiling water, don't go blame someone else for the consequences of your actions.  That is essentially what these former players are doing..  following what so many people do in this country..   blame someone else as nothing they do is their fault!
    Posted by agcsbill

No, not really...  Not with the unfitting metaphoric parallels between 1 Nascar Driver, and certainly not with deciding for some unbeknownst reason, To place your foot in boiling water...

But the very real contingent that Robert Edwards is a part of some suit...well- IS sorta insane.  I mean, wasn't that our very own Rookie Runningback whom played just under 1 full season, performed well enough for a Honolulu birth, and then ended his own career by exploding his knee while turning in beach sand after he decided to play a pick-up football game in the dunes?  Now I may be liberal...and I may be pro worker, But.....................w-o-w.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Stommpper. Show Stommpper's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : No, not really...  Not with the unfitting metaphoric parallels between 1 Nascar Driver, and certainly not with deciding for some unbeknownst reason, To place your foot in boiling water... But the very real contingent that Robert Edwards is a part of some suit...well- IS sorta insane.  I mean, wasn't that our very own Rookie Runningback whom played just under 1 full season, performed well enough for a Honolulu birth, and then ended his own career by exploding his knee while turning in beach sand after he decided to play a pick-up football game in the dunes?  Now I may be liberal...and I may be pro worker, But.....................w-o-w.
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I have to agree Lazz,
     I just read where Robert Edwards has joined the law suit.
    Having people climb onboard like this only weakens the cases outlook and clearly defines him as just out for a freebie.
    This is turning into a huge mess. Whomever the attorney that added Mr. Edwards name to the list needs to examine Roberts NFL employment record and smarten up.
    This is why I was so adament about these suits, yes they may or maynot be legitimate, but knowing attorneys all to well, I fear they are going to be the ruination of football as we know it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In Response to Re: If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job : Come on, Jints.. he has a point..  if you put your foot into hot boiling water, and you know it is hot boiling water, don't go blame someone else for the consequences of your actions.  That is essentially what these former players are doing..  following what so many people do in this country..   blame someone else as nothing they do is their fault!
    Posted by agcsbill

I don't believe this is all the players doing...it's the slimeball lawyers. Shame on both for trying to turn this thing into a massive payout. Do anyone really think the lawyers really care about the injuries here? They all smell blood and dollar signs. So they (the lawyers) are the ones that are truly behind this BS lawsuit. Just another reason to continue my hatred for lawyers....pure scum of the Earth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

" If you don't won't a concussion use your college degree and get a job ." Take 2: But what if hes not kwalified enough...I mean, "Edgukashunally?"  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

Congratulations on another brilliant post...LOL!!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Keep this in mind while commenting. The lawyers get a percentage of any settlement. The more players involved the higher the settlement the more money the lawyers will make.

They would add the water boy if it would bring in an extra grand.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

Safty first. I will not kill you.

Sections
Shortcuts