If you had to grade the Pats so far

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vegasredsox. Show vegasredsox's posts

If you had to grade the Pats so far

I would say a C grade would be fair they did not improve on what they needed most a rush DE or OLB and don't say the kid from florida because he was not that fast and they said he doesn't rush the passer that well, they could have got Hughes but they waisted the first on the CB. they needed a WR did not get one, every one keeps saying this is a deep draft and they are getting alot of picks but it does not mean anything when you take a bunch of average or special teams players the TE was the only above average pick they made, and now spikes has no speed. average guys and now there out untill 89, 90 poor draft for the pats could rate out as c- or d in the end

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: If you had to grade the Pats so far

A

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm starting to like this draft.  They're filling holes with decent talent. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BradyHasMoreRings. Show BradyHasMoreRings's posts

In Response to Re: If you had to grade the Pats so far:
    I'm starting to like this draft.  They're filling holes with decent talent. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Still have 2 3rd's so its still early to grade..but so far a B-/C+

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

C.  The Pats are not better than they were 2 days ago. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

B

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

In Response to Re: If you had to grade the Pats so far : How have they not improved? 1. Ahead in depth at CB - i.e., Wilhite / Wheatly have serious competition now with McCourty. 2. An additional TE, huge need, thus, more depth. 3. Another DE / OLB, with the loss of Green and Burgess unsigned, we now have more depth and competition there. 4. Spikes will be interesting to watch there, but given the BB-Urban Meyer connection I have a better feeling than otherwise. At the very minimum, we are a lot deeper than we were two days ago. 
    Posted by JDonalds75

You said it.  "We are a lot deeper"  But, not better.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

I'll rate it B+, because when everyone rates it a c you know it will turn out good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

In Response to Re: If you had to grade the Pats so far : How have they not improved? 1. Ahead in depth at CB - i.e., Wilhite / Wheatly have serious competition now with McCourty. 2. An additional TE, huge need, thus, more depth. 3. Another DE / OLB, with the loss of Green and Burgess unsigned, we now have more depth and competition there. 4. Spikes will be interesting to watch there, but given the BB-Urban Meyer connection I have a better feeling than otherwise. At the very minimum, we are a lot deeper than we were two days ago. 
    Posted by JDonalds75

Let's not forget Brandon Tate and Tyron McKenzie and Tory Holt. Factor that in and things look pretty good.

We've got to come away with a big back though. Dwyer or Dixon, that'd make my day!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Anyone that very closely follows the Draft ALL year long and is acutely aware on who and what would be a good fit for NE, Would brainlessly Grade this Draft as an "A" (and I wouldn't have graded maybe 1 of the previous 5 NE Drafts as even a straight "B").  But again, I'm that teacher who doesn't give out "A's"...at all...to anyone...for whatever reason...can't do it.  So New England gets an "A-".  They've done far too well thus far to even be considered anywhere in the "B" range.  THIS, is The Best Draft already...IF NE were to hand out as snacks, the rest of their selections, It would STILL be the best Patriot Draft as far as I can even remember... 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Incomplete.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

First round: D
    Second Round: A

So right now its a B in my book. still disappointing that we took a special teams player in the 1st round, but i think we just got 3 day 1 starters in the 2nd round, plus picked up a few additional picks. gotta love that! 

In the 3rd i am hoping for a 5-technique DE and some sort of offensive skill player. Then that will make up for last night.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm going with a temperary C+ right now but with the ability to move up to a B+. Not sure if I like McCourty in the 1st but overall a good player that might make more of an impact then most of us know. What knocks the grade down for me is Cummingham and Gronkowski because 1) they're names are to long and 2) I want to see if they are healthy first. If they are then the grade goes right up. Spikes was great value at #62 considering many thought he'd be a late 1st early 2nd before he ran the 5.0 40. I'd rather have Veldheer or Williams and trade for Morrison but as a third option I'll take him.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Without a descent Center or Right Guard Brady is still going to get killed and not have the time to survey the field.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

INC

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

I'm going to wait until they make all 5 7th round selectiosn before grading.

But I like the TE pick up.  And at least BB is picking defense - which they desperately need.

Maybe one of them will be good.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ewhite1065. Show ewhite1065's posts

We need OLine pretty Bad at this point. I was hoping they'd use some picks to trade up and grab Veldheer. I hope they have some sleepers.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agill1970. Show agill1970's posts

I'm really liking this draft so far.  We have someone that is really going to add to our nickel packages and will do great things for special teams and will one day probably start.  We have completely overhauled our linebacking corps to the point where BB is going to be in his glory come camp time.  I think he answered stronlgy that this is still a 3-4 team and with the 2 LB's from this year and the 2 that didn't play last year I expect a lot of competition and some great starters there.

Gronkowski is a beast and is one hell of a target, great hands, and can help protect Brady.  I expect great things from him eventually.   

Thus far I would have to give it a B.  I would like to see us address the O line and if there is a back worth picking grab him.  Grab the top rated punter and another backup for Brady and we can chalk this up as a very successful draft on paper.