If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..

I think I may have misunderstood the comment was Cawardj was referring too, my bad.

I thought he was referring to the prediction and how it was Giants 20, Pats 17.

Brady snickered with his usual laugh and said, "really?  he only gave us 17 points"

If you think that was a changeup from Brady, then you will have to disagree, but Im not sure we are talking about the same thing. The brady of years past would have said "everyone is entitled to their opinion, we are just gonna try to do the best we can to get the job done"

It showed me that the success of 07' and the media had succeeded in giving some players a big head and it was DEF. a motivating factor as Cawardj pointed out.

Once again Rusty, i dont know if we are talking about the same thing or not, but with regards to Bradys comments, how can you deny it didnt have an effect?

I suspect we are on different pages though. I cant recall hearing those comments about Burress playing "D". I am talking about the prediction and I believe Caward is too

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I don't like watching the clip but I think it was human nature for a QB who just broke every record in the book to laugh(for about 1.2 seconds while saying, "We're only gonna score 14 points?" Then he said ok with a straight face.

i wouldn't call him arrogant because of it but its painful to watch because it was in fact the score.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something..:
    [QUOTE]I think I may have misunderstood the comment was Cawardj was referring too, my bad. I thought he was referring to the prediction and how it was Giants 20, Pats 17. Brady snickered with his usual laugh and said, "really?  he only gave us 17 points" 
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

You didn't misinterpret me.  The Giants (Tuck or Osi) just recently said that rallied their D.  They said that most of the LB's and D-Line were in a room when that comment was played and the room went silent.  They just knew they were going to make him pay for that remark.  

I am not judging whether or not that remark was arrogant, only that it was used by the Giants D to provide a little extra motivation.  I'm not discussing the media at all.  Right, wrong, or indifferent, Brady motivated the Giants D to find that extra gear.

One can argue that it wasn't arrogant, but I doubt Brady will say anything like that again.  That to me means something.

[EDIT] Here is the article.  Remember, I'm not judging the merit of using this as motivation, only that it was used a motivation: http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/01/27/report-tom-bradys-arrogance-fueled-giants-in-super-bowl-xlii/

NEW YORK (WFAN) – Hey, who are you scoffing at?

That was the feeling four years ago among a handful of Giants defenders when Tom Brady pooh-poohed Plaxico Burress’ Super Bowl XLII prediction.

Justin Tuck told the New York Post that when Brady disrespected Burress’ 23-17 pick in favor of the Giants, the whole room “turned red.”

“I remember the arrogance of the whole way he scoffed,” defensive end Osi Umenyiora told the paper. “I remember that making us particularly angry.”

Osi added: “We just knew then that we were gonna take his head off. We just knew that right then. I mean, come on, man. There’s levels of arrogance, you understand what I mean? In the interview, like psssshhh, ‘We’re only gonna score 17 points?’ ”

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Soooo, rusty even after players tell you something, you still arent buying it?

All because you said it wasnt true last year and you refuse to admit being wrong about the comment even after the players said as much?

I see nothing has changed with you, but carry on. Dont wanna start anything, but cmon, how much more proof you need? Even Troy Brown admitted it. They had big heads before the game.

It wont happen again like Cwardj said, but back then it was foolish and it was a sign to me that 07' wasnt a "patriots" year.

Thats my take atleast. even during the year when we were blowing everyone out, I was never really happy because it didnt feel right to me. I knew it would bite us in the b utt. You can choose to think whatever you want though. That is your right and we will have to agree to disagree. Its old news really, I am looking forward to Sunday

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

OK, back on topic.  I'm going to go out on a limb and say that an offensive player will not be the SB MVP.  It will be Wilfork.

History tells me I'm an idiot, but the heck with that.  It's Wilfork.  If not him then it's someone else on D.  I'll report in on Monday to eat a good helping of crow when I am wrong :^)

I'm hanging my hat on that.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]The relaxation in the eyes of the players on media day and such has left me more at ease then I was in 07. I think these guys are living in the moment and truly enjoying the experience, which in turn hopefully makes them play better. On a side point I would really like to see some screens to counter an aggressive defensive line. How do you guys feel about a Mr Reliable Kevin Faulk getting a few balls this game?
    Posted by TrueChamp[/QUOTE]

On Faulk. Granted I love the guy and he has busted his hump for the team for over a decade but his knee injury has slowed him to the point where he no longer has the speed to get out of the backfield for the 2 second snap and throw.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Vegas still has the Pats favored by 3 for a reason and they're putting their money where their mouth is.  For my money (sorry, couldn't resist) that is something to hang your hat on.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Vegas still has the Pats favored by 3 for a reason and they're putting their money where their mouth is.  For my money (sorry, couldn't resist) that is something to hang your hat on.
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

As has been discussed on this board before, the spread has nothing at all to do with who they think they will win.  It's all about trying to get an equal amount of money on both teams.  Nearly everyone discusses it as if it was a measure of who Vegas thinks is better.  Even the media talk that way.  I heard talking heads on the NFLN saying "although technically the Giants are underdogs" (alluding to the spread)....

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

The most surprising thing to me is Jay's point #1 - BB's demeanor.  At first I thought it might be to relax all the young guys on the roster.  Part of me still feels that way.

But I think something else is going on and I can't figure out what it is.  I have to believe BB has found something on film that he knows he can/will exploit.  That, and I'm hoping that BB has seen in practice that Ocho has had an "AHA moment".

Go Pats!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]The most surprising thing to me is Jay's point #1 - BB's demeanor.  At first I thought it might be to relax all the young guys on the roster.  Part of me still feels that way. But I think something else is going on and I can't figure out what it is.  I have to believe BB has found something on film that he knows he can/will exploit.  That, and I'm hoping that BB has seen in practice that Ocho has had an "AHA moment". Go Pats!
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I'm with the prevailing opinion that he simply likes this team a lot.  His demeanor didn't really change just before this game.  He's been slightly different for several weeks...athough he did ramp it up lately.  He has gone out of his way to praise the team at his press conferences.  Not that he didn't before, but you can see some real pride in him when he talks about the team now.  Even Kraft said that this might be his best team.

No matter who is right, it's all a positive sign.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Informative piece and I think I knew much of it going in.  All of that taken into consideration, and recognizing that we are dealing with a very small spread here, how many times have you ever seen the lesser team favored in the spread?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]Informative piece and I think I knew much of it going in.  All of that taken into consideration, and recognizing that we are dealing with a very small spread here, how many times have you ever seen the lesser team favored in the spread?
    Posted by ATJ[/QUOTE]

I agree that the lesser team isn't usually favored, but it's the people making bets that determine the spread.  What the current spread tells me is that people are picking both teams fairly evenly.  They didn't need to create a big spread to even out the bets.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. : I agree that the lesser team isn't usually favored, but it's the people making bets that determine the spread.  What the current spread tells me is that people are picking both teams fairly evenly.  They didn't need to create a big spread to even out the bets.
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Understood.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

[QUOTE]The most surprising thing to me is Jay's point #1 - BB's demeanor.  At first I thought it might be to relax all the young guys on the roster.  Part of me still feels that way. But I think something else is going on and I can't figure out what it is.  I have to believe BB has found something on film that he knows he can/will exploit.  That, and I'm hoping that BB has seen in practice that Ocho has had an "AHA moment". Go Pats!
    Posted by nyjoseph[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I can agree. If BB found something he can exploit he would never show it through is demeanor. imo

He would probably look like he was walking around with a rash all day and talking about how his team can improve in certain areas.

I think that after so many years and 7 SB's he is realizing you have to enjoy the moment.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have to agree with the sentament that the Pats are more relaxed this time. Last time with the perfect season on the line and the new fake stuff that all of a sudden came out about more taping didn't help at all.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I read all of Page 1, only to conclude that this thread offers nothing in terms of a solution, On how I can tackle the baseball cap issue I currently have bunched up under my front window as advertised...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"  I just feel it comes from within more so than the media as B.B. tells them to not even watch that c rap."

Shizzle, you may be right that motivation comes more from within, I would tend to agree, but you'll need a different reason. BB may tell them not to watch it but other reporters are always sticking a mike in their face repeating everything that was said in order to try to get a similar quotable reaction. 

I feel much better about this team than I did the 2007 at this point, and I do think that all the Giants talk has the Giants feeling a bit overconfident from where they ought to be. 

I don't see Ocho having much game impact but I wouldn't be surprised if D. Branch found a way to rise to the occasion. Got a funny feeling about Edelman too, in a good way.

I'm sticking with Pats 35 Giants 31..... :) But I'm not sure it will be as close as that score implies. (Giants could add a desperate touchdown late for example)

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I was watching the game of the week from week 17 in 07 vs the gmen.

I had never saw that speech that Strahan gave before the game. He was HOT!

They wanted that game badly. They felt they were disrespected because people were asking him to rest their players and he was like "they aint resting their starters, what we supposed to lay down for them"  It was very emotional.

He ended it with "we gonna stomp they a ss" chant and was hopping up and down.

They came out like world beaters and had us on the ropes but didnt finsh.  The way Tommy and Moss both set records on them in the comeback, they had to be furious.  This was part of the reason they were so geeeked to play us again and had the confidence.

I compare it to when we lost to the rams in 01 reg. season but gained confidence from hanging with them and then came back and upset them in the SB.  Almost the same exact scenario.

This time around it will be us as the team that lost the earlier matchup and hopefully they have that same emotion and fire coming out for this game.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you Want to Hang Your Hat on Something.. :  I repeat: you're pathetic
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

No, Jints, he's not.

Pathetic is watching your team lose its discipline heading into this game.  Too  much hubris.  Same argument Giants' fans used to rub it in after the 07 SB, that the Pats headed into the game with too much talking.

To top it off, isn't this the same Giants team that accused Rex Ryan of opening his yap too much about who the better NY team was?

Funny ****, hypocrite.

Sections
Shortcuts