If you were another team.... *you pick it*

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

If you were another team.... *you pick it*

Mankins tendered at a first and a third, Gostowski at a second. If you were another team with line or kicking issues like Dallas for example, would you take the chance to trade draft picks for a plug in starter for years to come. Or would you take the chance on drafting an unknown. I can't believe that Gostowski hasn't been stolen from us.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Re: If you were another team.... *you pick it*

If I was Dallas I'd definately trade the picks for proven players because Jerry Jones doesn't know what he's doing and just wastes the picks. Just watch that team is going to slowly get worse each year cuz they are going to continue losing players Parcells brought in. It's like the post Jimmy Johnson era all over again. Jones slowly ruined his own team by bad drafting. Oakland is another example, Al should just trade all his picks for proven guys cuz he's just gonna waste the picks. Anyway if I was the Saints or Colts(though I hate them and Polian) but they make decent draft selections, then I'd keep the picks but it also depends on the player and the value.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to Re: If you were another team.... *you pick it*:
    If I was Dallas I'd definately trade the picks for proven players because Jerry Jones doesn't know what he's doing and just wastes the picks. Posted by JimNotJimmy

LOL, very true

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

Why not just use your own first and draft a Tackle.  It's a lot cheaper.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to Re: If you were another team.... *you pick it*:
    Why not just use your own first and draft a Tackle.  It's a lot cheaper.
    Posted by Tcal2

Teams that pick in the end like the colts for example, how many good starting guards will be left at the end of the first round? Mankins is a plug in player. Gostowski was the leading point scorer. I think we take him for granted some what being he's pretty reliable. I'd hate to go thru a Vandergaf *sp* season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

Actually this draft has some decent tallent at Oline that will be available as late as the 4th round. I'm talking guys that could start right away.  This is not a typical year though so yeah usually I would agree if you want a guy you can plug in on the oline and forget unless you use a 1st round pick you are probably not going to get one of those.  They are slipping late because of the overall depth in this draft... I am amazed at everything I am reading some have as many as 60 1st round level tallent in this draft with the average around 50. Thats amazing when you consider previous drafts fall somewhere between 12 as a low and 26 as a high.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Normally I see the draft from Talladega Speedway. Its going to be during the week this year (round 1 and 2 I believe), best of both worlds this year.  Laughing

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Using a 2nd on a kicker is almost unheard of, unless you're Al Davis. I mean you could pick the best kicker in the draft with a 4th so I think most teams would rather take a risk and lose 5% of the kicks to use a 4th rather then a 2nd if it's really that bad. I feel that most teams view a 2nd as a pick that could be a pontential long term cheap starter in a position of need. That brings much more value then a kicker so it really doesn't shock me no team is bitting. Smart play by the Pats since the 2nd tender doesn't cost as much as a 1st and 3rd which saves money.