If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......????

what would you do.....complain?????? PLEASE......most of us are lucky to make $1 million for a lifetime of work.......PEOPLE...don't lose sight of this........

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......????

I don't know.  Injuries are part of the NFL.  If there was a chance that I might end up with long-term physical (i.e., inability to walk) and/or mental problems (Traumatic Brain Injury from Concussions), 9.5 million doesn't seem like enough.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view/20220519patriot_johnson_opens_up_about_terrifying_issue/srvc=home&position=0

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

9.5 million for one year, I would take the money and run, if your worried about a brain injury retire after a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

I would take the job, .. yes I definitely would take it.. I'd be pretty happy too.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......????:
    [QUOTE]I would take the job, .. yes I definitely would take it.. I'd be pretty happy too.
    Posted by sporter81[/QUOTE]

Too many people worship these aholes. They are way overpaid and we are saps............for arguing they are underpaid!!! What a bunch of bs.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

Yes they are overpaid but look at it from Wes' point of view.
    This is the market for wide receivers,

Vincent Jackson Signed with Buccaneers
    (5 years, $55 million; $36 million guaranteed)

Steve Johnson Re-signed with Bills
    (5 years, $36.25 million; $19.5 million guaranteed)

Marques Colston Re-signed with Saints
    (5 years, $40 million; $19 million guaranteed)

DeSean Jackson Re-signed with Eagles
    (5 years, $51 million, $18 million guaranteed)

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......????:
    [QUOTE]In Response to If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : bull****  if u had wes welker's talent you would be...you don't, just like 99% of the world, and ur a nobody so no one is paying top dollar to watch u work, no one is buying a jersey with ur name on it, no one is buying hot dogs beer soda and popcorn by the ton watching u play and u generate precious little in real actual money so u sure as hell aint gonna be ever offered it either dont lose sight of this...
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

You are fried.......get a grip.......

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : please take ur overwrought agenda elsewhere its really dull

You could always ignore what you feel is dull..........you must be bored..but we are cool its ok......take it slow

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Everything's relative (and I'm actually NOT 1 bit on Welker's side)...  The lead machinist for some 3rd world sweatshop probably feels like he's big shot because he's pullin' down 9 bucks an hour...  The Head CEO of some Fortune 500 Company probably feels like he's being disgustingly underpaid when taking home 67 mil a year, when he sees a few hundred other Biggest of the big business CEOs nabbing a yearly salary in excess of 150 + Million annually...

Does this mean that Welker should bemoan a paltry 9 and half mil for playing a game where a HOF Quarterback passes a football to you, and everyone in America lauds you off the field...?  No, lma...not really at all.  Unlike the nuances of fidgeting figures & bypassing red tape rules, there's a hard, hard, reaaal hard cap on your football team...so svck it up Wes.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

[QUOTE]Everything's relative (and I'm actually NOT 1 bit on Welker's side)...  The lead machinist for some 3rd world sweatshop probably feels like he's big shot because he's pullin' down 9 bucks an hour...  The Head CEO of some Fortune 500 Company probably feels like he's being disgustingly underpaid when taking home 67 mil a year, when he sees a few hundred other Biggest of the big business CEOs nabbing a yearly salary in excess of 150 + Million annually... Does this mean that Welker should bemoan a paltry 9 and half mil for playing a game where a HOF Quarterback passes a football to you, and everyone in America lauds you off the field...?  No, lma...not really at all.  Unlike the nuances of fidgeting figures & bypassing red tape rules, there's a hard, hard, reaaal hard cap on your football team...so svck it up Wes.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

Well said. So much $$$ .....how can anyone complain......

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheMaskedAvenger. Show TheMaskedAvenger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : you guys dont get it...WW is not complaining about anything, just using his legal rights in a negotiation for his salary, just like the (cheap) pats are using theirs...goes on all the time and it's not "complaining" it's business as for ur rather naive opines about how much WW earns and being "satisfied" this is, as said, extremely naive as well as misguided . Comparing what a pro athlete earns compared to people working "regular" jobs is a severe case of apples and oranges. It isn't to be compared with what John Q Working Man earns but what he earns compared to comparable talents in his profession-no different than any other person who has a skill and wants the going rate or a  raise if he feels it is earned, be it laborer, doctor, accoutant or anyone else. What, an accountant making $100,000 shouldn't ask for $125,000 because joe the garbage man only makes $30,000? In what world does this apply, cause it certainly ain't this one. what our rabid overwrought and angry friend masked avenger and many of u dont get is that-hard as it is to hear this-you are a nobody compared to WW in both the eyes of society and certainly his bosses. the talent that a WW possesses is shared by what? 1% of the popultion? 2%? how many actually make it in pro sports, much less become all-pros? precious few. sorry to break it to you but anyone can get a "regular" job, be it lawer, painter, accountant, carpenter..thats why there are millions of them. what a WW, etc...do commands the money he is paid-and more if he decides he is worth it-because so few can do it and-here's the real part that exposes the average fan/masked avenger type's naivety: in our capitalist society you are not paid for your importanceor necesssity to society but for your ability to generate capital-and the more u generate the more u are worth. sorry, folks, but most people dont give a damn about ur jobs and therefore are not paying top dollar to watch you work-like WW-they dont buy a jersey with your name on it-like WW-they don't buy goodies and food and pay for parking etc to see you work-like they do WW...ie: he generates massive amounts of money for his employers; more on one sunday than all of the "working class heroes" like our misguided angry masked avenger do in months, maybe a full working year. if you dont like it, dont blame WW, etc...especially in such an obvious, whiny and naive way like Masked Avenger-blame the system in place. oh, and stop being a pats/football fan, dont watch, dont buy any paraphenalia, dont go to the games, dont park ur car, dont buy hotdogs and beer and then-and only then-will any of your miisguided venom have any validity.

Jintsfan......

What is it you are trying to say? Can you explain in a more clear manner...please?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

This place is getting bad, not sure how long I can keep coming here.  Threads and posts like these really make me wonder if people are seriously this dumb or if everyone is trolling nowdays.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

[QUOTE]This place is getting bad, not sure how long I can keep coming here.  Threads and posts like these really make me wonder if people are seriously this dumb or if everyone is trolling nowdays.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

In a mere 2 sentences, You have just defined both my greater life experiences and internet messageboard experiences for roughly the past 2 years to this very moment I'm typing this right now...

Now gimme a shot at the lofty prosaic shared sentiment...

~I'm pretty sure as it stands right now that the last remaining option for me to continue to believe in either the moral or simply intellectual merits & ideals of greater humanity, I'm gonna have to disassociate myself from interacting with ever more & more actual human beings.

...Rather than lose the last vestiges of my idealisms and hopes & dreams for some basic form of common bonds or hope for the future, I might just have to take up some basic form of squatter residency in the fantasyland section of Disneyworld...  I'm thinkin' the "It's a small, small world" ride, should offer one of the better chance of covert long-term residency.  Ughh, that song though...it's gonna kill me, I absolutely know it...    

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]Yes they are overpaid but look at it from Wes' point of view. This is the market for wide receivers, Vincent Jackson Signed with Buccaneers (5 years, $55 million; $36 million guaranteed) Steve Johnson Re-signed with Bills (5 years, $36.25 million; $19.5 million guaranteed) Marques Colston Re-signed with Saints (5 years, $40 million; $19 million guaranteed) DeSean Jackson Re-signed with Eagles (5 years, $51 million, $18 million guaranteed)
    Posted by digger0862[/QUOTE]

This is exactly the point.  It's all relative.  If other people in the same job who weren't even performing at your level were getting four times as much as you were, you'd probably be pretty annoyed.

People were probably all pretty happy living in caves until some idiot got rich and built a thatched hut.  Then all the cave dwellers felt they were missing out.  It's gone on like that for thousands of years to the point that if you're not living in a McMansion with 18 bathrooms, you feel like you must be underpaid. 

Speaking of 18 bathrooms, my wife always asks, why do these new giant houses have so many bathrooms? Is it possible that North Americans have all become incontinent?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]This place is getting bad, not sure how long I can keep coming here.  Threads and posts like these really make me wonder if people are seriously this dumb or if everyone is trolling nowdays.
    Posted by TFB12[/QUOTE]

seems like the latter...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : you guys dont get it...WW is not complaining about anything, just using his legal rights in a negotiation for his salary, just like the (cheap) pats are using theirs...goes on all the time and it's not "complaining" it's business as for ur rather naive opines about how much WW earns and being "satisfied" this is, as said, extremely naive as well as misguided . Comparing what a pro athlete earns compared to people working "regular" jobs is a severe case of apples and oranges. It isn't to be compared with what John Q Working Man earns but what he earns compared to comparable talents in his profession-no different than any other person who has a skill and wants the going rate or a  raise if he feels it is earned, be it laborer, doctor, accoutant or anyone else. What, an accountant making $100,000 shouldn't ask for $125,000 because joe the garbage man only makes $30,000? In what world does this apply, cause it certainly ain't this one. what our rabid overwrought and angry friend masked avenger and many of u dont get is that-hard as it is to hear this-you are a nobody compared to WW in both the eyes of society and certainly his bosses. the talent that a WW possesses is shared by what? 1% of the popultion? 2%? how many actually make it in pro sports, much less become all-pros? precious few. sorry to break it to you but anyone can get a "regular" job, be it lawer, painter, accountant, carpenter..thats why there are millions of them. what a WW, etc...do commands the money he is paid-and more if he decides he is worth it-because so few can do it and-here's the real part that exposes the average fan/masked avenger type's naivety: in our capitalist society you are not paid for your importanceor necesssity to society but for your ability to generate capital-and the more u generate the more u are worth. sorry, folks, but most people dont give a damn about ur jobs and therefore are not paying top dollar to watch you work-like WW-they dont buy a jersey with your name on it-like WW-they don't buy goodies and food and pay for parking etc to see you work-like they do WW...ie: he generates massive amounts of money for his employers; more on one sunday than all of the "working class heroes" like our misguided angry masked avenger do in months, maybe a full working year. if you dont like it, dont blame WW, etc...especially in such an obvious, whiny and naive way like Masked Avenger-blame the system in place. oh, and stop being a pats/football fan, dont watch, dont buy any paraphenalia, dont go to the games, dont park ur car, dont buy hotdogs and beer and then-and only then-will any of your miisguided venom have any validity.

Good post . . . the market for top football players is what it is.  And the market for most other jobs also is what it is.  It all comes down to supply and demand. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : In a mere 2 sentences, You have just defined both my greater life experiences and internet messageboard experiences for roughly the past 2 years to this very moment I'm typing this right now... Now gimme a shot at the lofty prosaic shared sentiment... ~ I'm pretty sure as it stands right now that the last remaining option for me to continue to believe in either the moral or simply intellectual merits & ideals of greater humanity, I'm gonna have to disassociate myself from interacting with ever more & more actual human beings. ...Rather than lose the last vestiges of my idealisms and hopes & dreams for some basic form of common bonds or hope for the future, I might just have to take up some basic form of squatter residency in the fantasyland section of Disneyworld...  I'm thinkin' the "It's a small, small world" ride, should offer one of the better chance of covert long-term residency.  Ughh, that song though...it's gonna kill me, I absolutely know it...    
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium[/QUOTE]

In a  medium that is anonymous - encourages behavior that would otherwise not be looked kindly upon in face-to-face encounters. The world seems to be changing with tools like e-mail, instant messaging, and texting. IMO, these electronic tools prevent some from learning how to interect with people. Words are easily misinterpreted or readers inadvertantly misinterpret by reading between the lines. And of course, there is an abundance of taking a word or two out of context and making much ado about nothing.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from andrewmcintosh. Show andrewmcintosh's posts

Maybe, probably not if I saw similar peers or lesser peers getting paid more over a long term contract.  I cannot stand when fans bring the envy card to the table, he is trying to maximize his earnings just like you and I do every single day we show up to work.  Wes has been a consumate pro since the day he got to NE, and now his employer is offering him money that isn't close to what his peers make, and I'm not talking Fitzgerald or Megatron money.  There are lesser players out there making very good long term money, If Wes feels he has earned similar payment, he has every right to fight for it.  And as for you idiots who complain about how much NFL players make, the reason they make so much is because of YOU.  You demand a product, lots of it, and at an enormously high rate of quality; yet you then sit back and complain when the payments for the product are high?  Drives me nuts to hear stuff like that....

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Chloedancer65. Show Chloedancer65's posts

I am in the 1% according to the tax code, don't see it though. Still drive the same car I bought over 10 years ago. Living in NYC is just too expensive, the taxes get you so making over 9 million is a nice paycheck but he'll pay the gov't most of it. So while he shouldn't complain because most people can't even wrap their heads around that much money esp. For a years worth of work, I understand it is what the narket bears. I think he did himself a disservice by complaining he looks like an a¥¥hole, I think you get what you can and hope for the best, isn't that we all do.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were offerred 9.5 MILLION dollars for one year of work.......???? : please take ur overwrought agenda elsewhere its really dull

Hey Jints!  Who are the two gay guys on your avatar?? Not that there's anything wrong with that.