If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....

same for me in regards to Guyton.

He has played well for a undrafted guy, but at this point, I wouldnt sign him going forward.

Need more talent there.

No to Mario Williams too.

I like him and he is a playmaker, but I wouldnt want to break the bank on one guy and If I did, it wouldnt be him. I think they should stay away from paying a big name linebacker right now. Too many other needs to adress, and with Mario, you aint signing many other players w/him.

Wait till a couple years and make a run at Orakpo, but for now, shore up the WR position for the next few years for Brady to be comfortable with. Get a veteran Safety for this house of horrors secondary we have now.

sign a 3rd tier Cb in free agency..

DE/DT , C, CB, OLB in the draft..

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason.....:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : Posted by natesubs[/QUOTE] In the draft it's simple for me... DE Vin Curry ...........round 1 trade down for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year ....round one C mike brewster.......round 2 TE Cob Fleener opposite Gronk...round 2 Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama .... round 2 sign laron Landry, manny lawson, royal in FA resign carter, anderson, welker, guyton add another gronkesque TE and move hernandez to WR and beef up the lines with studs like curry and brewster. think we can do with a lower round center fa fs, wr and lawson/roth no guyton for me. will take a blocking/receiving te for sure
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

Pretty much with you on this...
    I definitely want Curry and Fleener, and Brewster would be nice as well.

I don't want to see any more young CB's drafted. We just have the cupboards full at this point with youth. we need experience there. Between McCourty, Arrington, Ras, Molden, Moore, etc., that is tons of youth. Need to offset it with experience.

Nate indicated drafting Hightower. Overall, I like him, but I think he is redundant if we stay running more 4-3. He basically is Spikes in the middle. He has more value in a 3-4, where he and Mayo or Spikes could roam the middle. Spikes is too slow to kick outside in either scheme. So, for me, I'm looking for more of a 4-3 SOLB. I don't like what I see beyond round 1, and most of the kids I like in round 1 should be gone by the time we draft. Therefore, I would look to FA for this position.

I don't buy Curry as strictly a 3-4 OLB. I think he has tons of value in either scheme, especially if you put him next to a good DT. He and Carter as bookends, with Anderson/Deaderick as depth is what I want.

I'm still not comfortable with our DL. Love is okay, but in my mind, not a starter. Pryor possibly a starter, but often hurt. Ellis I don't see back, same with Warren. Brace a big ?, and Deaderick, not sure where he fits exactly. I think I like him as either a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE. He is depth with Anderson for Curry and Carter.

Don't want Guyton back. I would like to see us slightly overhaul the LB corps. I'm okay with signing Landry. I like a Vet here, but also want us ot draft a safety for development. Sh!tcan sergio brown, ventrone. Going into next year, I would like at safety - Chung, Landry/other FA, Lester, Ihedigbo (good depth/ST value). Sterling Moore battles it out with Molden/Adams for CB spot. I like Moore better because he is a bit more versatile than Molden. Adams gets the boot.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Eddie Royal is the only WR I see hitting the market that I like (although I'm secretly rooting for DeSean Jackson) - Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and Mike Wallace aren't going anywhere, and I don't think Marques Colston brings anything new to the Patriots, and I think the Saints keep him anyways so the point is moot.  My sleepers would be Donnie Avery, who looked really good before he blew out his ACL a couple years ago (torched the Pats back then) and Jerome Simpson.

For pass rushers, I still like Matt Roth's versatility.  I also like Manny Lawson, although he's more of a 3-4 OLB who might be able to play DE and pass rush and cover fairly well as I remember.  Chris Avril would be if they don't retain Carter and Anderson, or if they want to upgrade Anderson.  Carter stays.

I'm also guessing that Calais Campbell is too expensive and that Mario Wiliams gets franchised.  I'm also guessing that Robert Mathis stays in Indianapolis.

For linebackers, I love D'Qwell Jackson.  Unsung hero in Cleveland.  Was a tackle machine before getting hurt.  I don't know what he'll cost or if he brings anything new to the table, though.  Same goes for Ernie Sims.

At safety, I like Abram Elam because Cleveland ran a similar system to the Patriots' under Rob Ryan, and Elam played under Mangini for the Jets.  Reggie Nelson was a talent, if not a disappointment.  Could be a project.  Has physical skills.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

good post Nick.

I agree with a lot.

I also like De'qwell and Elam

I like Mike Adams too

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]Eddie Royal is the only WR I see hitting the market that I like (although I'm secretly rooting for DeSean Jackson) - Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson, Dwayne Bowe, and Mike Wallace aren't going anywhere, and I don't think Marques Colston brings anything new to the Patriots, and I think the Saints keep him anyways so the point is moot.  My sleepers would be Donnie Avery, who looked really good before he blew out his ACL a couple years ago (torched the Pats back then) and Jerome Simpson. For pass rushers, I still like Matt Roth's versatility.  I also like Manny Lawson, although he's more of a 3-4 OLB who might be able to play DE and pass rush and cover fairly well as I remember.  Chris Avril would be if they don't retain Carter and Anderson, or if they want to upgrade Anderson.  Carter stays. I'm also guessing that Calais Campbell is too expensive and that Mario Wiliams gets franchised.  I'm also guessing that Robert Mathis stays in Indianapolis. For linebackers, I love D'Qwell Jackson.  Unsung hero in Cleveland.  Was a tackle machine before getting hurt.  I don't know what he'll cost or if he brings anything new to the table, though.  Same goes for Ernie Sims. At safety, I like Abram Elam because Cleveland ran a similar system to the Patriots' under Rob Ryan, and Elam played under Mangini for the Jets.  Reggie Nelson was a talent, if not a disappointment.  Could be a project.  Has physical skills.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Simpson and Roth would be good with a solid safety started added in as a minimum free agent haul. Keep our own guys and then use all our picks.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]same for me in regards to Guyton. He has played well for a undrafted guy, but at this point, I wouldnt sign him going forward. Need more talent there. No to Mario Williams too. I like him and he is a playmaker, but I wouldnt want to break the bank on one guy and If I did, it wouldnt be him. I think they should stay away from paying a big name linebacker right now. Too many other needs to adress, and with Mario, you aint signing many other players w/him. Wait till a couple years and make a run at Orakpo, but for now, shore up the WR position for the next few years for Brady to be comfortable with. Get a veteran Safety for this house of horrors secondary we have now.  sign a 3rd tier Cb in free agency.. DE/DT , C, CB, OLB in the draft..
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

rame,
       i try for a cb in fa if we want one. olb fa roth, lawson.
    fill evrything we can in fa. leave our hands free in the draft. no trading out.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : In the draft it's simple for me... DE Vin Curry ...........round 1 trade down for a 2nd this year and a 1st next year ....round one C mike brewster.......round 2 TE Cob Fleener opposite Gronk...round 2 Janoris Jenkins, CB, North Alabama .... round 2 sign laron Landry, manny lawson, royal in FA resign carter, anderson, welker, guyton add another gronkesque TE and move hernandez to WR and beef up the lines with studs like curry and brewster. think we can do with a lower round center fa fs, wr and lawson/roth no guyton for me. will take a blocking/receiving te for sure Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE] Pretty much with you on this... I definitely want Curry and Fleener, and Brewster would be nice as well. I don't want to see any more young CB's drafted. We just have the cupboards full at this point with youth. we need experience there. Between McCourty, Arrington, Ras, Molden, Moore, etc., that is tons of youth. Need to offset it with experience. Nate indicated drafting Hightower. Overall, I like him, but I think he is redundant if we stay running more 4-3. He basically is Spikes in the middle. He has more value in a 3-4, where he and Mayo or Spikes could roam the middle. Spikes is too slow to kick outside in either scheme. So, for me, I'm looking for more of a 4-3 SOLB. I don't like what I see beyond round 1, and most of the kids I like in round 1 should be gone by the time we draft. Therefore, I would look to FA for this position. I don't buy Curry as strictly a 3-4 OLB. I think he has tons of value in either scheme, especially if you put him next to a good DT. He and Carter as bookends, with Anderson/Deaderick as depth is what I want. I'm still not comfortable with our DL. Love is okay, but in my mind, not a starter. Pryor possibly a starter, but often hurt. Ellis I don't see back, same with Warren. Brace a big ?, and Deaderick, not sure where he fits exactly. I think I like him as either a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE. He is depth with Anderson for Curry and Carter. Don't want Guyton back. I would like to see us slightly overhaul the LB corps. I'm okay with signing Landry. I like a Vet here, but also want us ot draft a safety for development. Sh!tcan sergio brown, ventrone. Going into next year, I would like at safety - Chung, Landry/other FA, Lester, Ihedigbo (good depth/ST value). Sterling Moore battles it out with Molden/Adams for CB spot. I like Moore better because he is a bit more versatile than Molden. Adams gets the boot.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

excellent post. adams got boot immediately.
    you dont like upshaw?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : Simpson and Roth would be good with a solid safety started added in as a minimum free agent haul. Keep our own guys and then use all our picks.
    Posted by rameakap[/QUOTE]

trade a QB for a 2nd rounder.  two first rounders and three second rounders.  either ammo to get the best OLB, WR, CB, or Safety in the draft or a ton of great chances to find top talent for decent rookie contract prices (increased chances of landing a Taleb Black Swan rare impact player)

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : Pretty much with you on this... I definitely want Curry and Fleener, and Brewster would be nice as well. I don't want to see any more young CB's drafted. We just have the cupboards full at this point with youth. we need experience there. Between McCourty, Arrington, Ras, Molden, Moore, etc., that is tons of youth. Need to offset it with experience. Nate indicated drafting Hightower. Overall, I like him, but I think he is redundant if we stay running more 4-3. He basically is Spikes in the middle. He has more value in a 3-4, where he and Mayo or Spikes could roam the middle. Spikes is too slow to kick outside in either scheme. So, for me, I'm looking for more of a 4-3 SOLB. I don't like what I see beyond round 1, and most of the kids I like in round 1 should be gone by the time we draft. Therefore, I would look to FA for this position. I don't buy Curry as strictly a 3-4 OLB. I think he has tons of value in either scheme, especially if you put him next to a good DT. He and Carter as bookends, with Anderson/Deaderick as depth is what I want. I'm still not comfortable with our DL. Love is okay, but in my mind, not a starter. Pryor possibly a starter, but often hurt. Ellis I don't see back, same with Warren. Brace a big ?, and Deaderick, not sure where he fits exactly. I think I like him as either a 3-4 DE or 4-3 DE. He is depth with Anderson for Curry and Carter. Don't want Guyton back. I would like to see us slightly overhaul the LB corps. I'm okay with signing Landry. I like a Vet here, but also want us ot draft a safety for development. Sh!tcan sergio brown, ventrone. Going into next year, I would like at safety - Chung, Landry/other FA, Lester, Ihedigbo (good depth/ST value). Sterling Moore battles it out with Molden/Adams for CB spot. I like Moore better because he is a bit more versatile than Molden. Adams gets the boot. Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE] excellent post. adams got boot immediately. you dont like upshaw?
    Posted by brdbreu[/QUOTE]

No, I do like Upshaw. But only if we run more 3-4. He just seems redundant in the 4-3 with Spikes playing MLB. I see those 2 as similar pieces..not same. Upshaw is bigger and faster, but a thumper like Spikes.

I'm as curious as anyone in terms of what scheme BB will run more often next year. I think we are seeing clear benefits from a 4+ man line, and at this piont in time, I think our personnel are better suited to play 4-3. If we swtich to a 3-4 more often, Carter basically becomes a non factor. He's not playing 3-4 OLB. He's a pure 4-3 DE. I see him next to Vince as our best DL. Ideally, you want to put both of them out there at the same time.

I'd like to see a speedier LB or 2 added to the mix. I'd also like to see them upgrade this position significantly. I don't think White, Guyton, Tarpinian are the answers. Fletcher and Spikes I have questions on. Mayo seems the only consistent piece, perhaps Nink as well.

None of our DL are good 3-4 DEs. I think we are actually further away from putting together a good 3-4 front 7 vs. 4-3 front 7.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : trade a QB for a 2nd rounder.  two first rounders and three second rounders.  either ammo to get the best OLB, WR, CB, or Safety in the draft or a ton of great chances to find top talent for decent rookie contract prices (increased chances of landing a Taleb Black Swan rare impact player)
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Which one?

I don't think Hoyer has been showcased enough to warrant a 2nd rounder like Cassel was. The Pats maximixed the Cassel opportunity, and acted at the right time to capitalize. His value probably was at its highest when they traded him. 

I also think Mallett has promise, but not proven, and doesn't warrant a 2nd rounder as well.

If we want to get a 2nd for either one, we better start letting them play a bit more.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

My thoughts on the WR:

RWayne: Hes getting old, unless he takes a really team friendly deal we dont need him, he doesnt do anything we dont already get from our current offense, we need to get younger at WR not older.

VJack: has had some injuries, and expects Top dollar contracts with lately Average play. if he takes a team friendly deal he would help us, but he might bring more headaches then we want

Dwayne bowe: wont be leaving the chiefs hes part of their core of the offense.

DJax: diva reciever, stupid penalties, constant headache for the eagles. Not a patriots player

Colston: best option out of the bunch I'd take him

Stevie johnson: Got too much too fast and let it go to his head, Last year i would have said yes, but as this year has gone on hes become a diva, stupid penalties and dropped TD's. Hes costed the bills a couple of games now.

SSmith(eagles) cant get on the field, Wasted cap money no thanks.

BLloyd: again doesnt do anything we dont already get from a player currently on the roster, no thanks

Manningham: the Giants best reciever isnt going anywhere

Mike Wallace: the speed to be a deep threat, Id take him

Everyone else you listed are average at best, Keep branch because of his chemistry and knowledge of the Offense, but really Tedd ginn? garbage Eddie Royal? garbage. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]My thoughts on the WR: RWayne: Hes getting old, unless he takes a really team friendly deal we dont need him, he doesnt do anything we dont already get from our current offense, we need to get younger at WR not older. VJack: has had some injuries, and expects Top dollar contracts with lately Average play. if he takes a team friendly deal he would help us, but he might bring more headaches then we want Dwayne bowe: wont be leaving the chiefs hes part of their core of the offense. DJax: diva reciever, stupid penalties, constant headache for the eagles. Not a patriots player Colston: best option out of the bunch I'd take him Stevie johnson: Got too much too fast and let it go to his head, Last year i would have said yes, but as this year has gone on hes become a diva, stupid penalties and dropped TD's. Hes costed the bills a couple of games now. SSmith(eagles) cant get on the field, Wasted cap money no thanks. BLloyd: again doesnt do anything we dont already get from a player currently on the roster, no thanks Manningham: the Giants best reciever isnt going anywhere Mike Wallace: the speed to be a deep threat, Id take him Everyone else you listed are average at best, Keep branch because of his chemistry and knowledge of the Offense, but really Tedd ginn? garbage Eddie Royal? garbage. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I'm with you on Colston. I've been a fan of his for some time, and think he adds a dimension to the Pats offense that we don't have. 6'4", 225lb WRs are valuable. And, he's in his prime at 28. Has played with a great QB in Brees, and is a dimension (size, speed, strength) that we don't have.

If we don't go the WR FA route, but instead look to the draft, a kid I like that reminds me a bit of Colston is Jeff Fuller from A&M. 6'4", 215lb, physical, fast, good hands, good route runner. He can be had late 2nd/3rd round I think.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : Which one? I don't think Hoyer has been showcased enough to warrant a 2nd rounder like Cassel was. The Pats maximixed the Cassel opportunity, and acted at the right time to capitalize. His value probably was at its highest when they traded him.  I also think Mallett has promise, but not proven, and doesn't warrant a 2nd rounder as well. If we want to get a 2nd for either one, we better start letting them play a bit more.

this is exactly what i am suggesting. ie playing hoyer against colts.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from brdbreu. Show brdbreu's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: If you were the Pats G.M. this offseason..... : I'm with you on Colston. I've been a fan of his for some time, and think he adds a dimension to the Pats offense that we don't have. 6'4", 225lb WRs are valuable. And, he's in his prime at 28. Has played with a great QB in Brees, and is a dimension (size, speed, strength) that we don't have. If we don't go the WR FA route, but instead look to the draft, a kid I like that reminds me a bit of Colston is Jeff Fuller from A&M. 6'4", 215lb, physical, fast, good hands, good route runner. He can be had late 2nd/3rd round I think.

i see a lot of the fuller to the pats. we do need a receiver like him. my plan would be to attempt to fill our needs via fa. then be free to get the gamechangers that can best play here, including trading up.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]My thoughts on the WR: RWayne: Hes getting old, unless he takes a really team friendly deal we dont need him, he doesnt do anything we dont already get from our current offense, we need to get younger at WR not older. VJack: has had some injuries, and expects Top dollar contracts with lately Average play. if he takes a team friendly deal he would help us, but he might bring more headaches then we want Dwayne bowe: wont be leaving the chiefs hes part of their core of the offense. DJax: diva reciever, stupid penalties, constant headache for the eagles. Not a patriots player Colston: best option out of the bunch I'd take him Stevie johnson: Got too much too fast and let it go to his head, Last year i would have said yes, but as this year has gone on hes become a diva, stupid penalties and dropped TD's. Hes costed the bills a couple of games now. SSmith(eagles) cant get on the field, Wasted cap money no thanks. BLloyd: again doesnt do anything we dont already get from a player currently on the roster, no thanks Manningham: the Giants best reciever isnt going anywhere Mike Wallace: the speed to be a deep threat, Id take him Everyone else you listed are average at best, Keep branch because of his chemistry and knowledge of the Offense, but really Tedd ginn? garbage Eddie Royal? garbage. 
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

I have to disagree about Wayne. What WR we have can consistently beat man press?  Get open deep without having to improvise(branch) please dont say Wes is a deep threat because he snuck out a few times this year playing outside. Teams will expect it next year.

I am not in love w/B.LLoyd, but you really think we have him here already? Ocho maybe can do the same things but he cant learn the offense, atleast LLoyds is smart.

The one guy you did endorse in Colston seems like a canditate to be a bust here..(name me a big guy outside of Moss that worked here)

As for Wallce, he DEF. aint going anywhere so not sure why you mentioned him.

and as far as Manningham, he is not the best WR, it is Nicks and is slowly becoming Cruz as he is the only healthy guy there every week.

I would take S.Smith because he would be cheap. Dont look at his production as the wb play has been horrid this year. when he did play he scored A TD and made plays in that game a few weeks back.

I agree about D.Jackson, but I would be all over R.Wayne. Its a no brainer. How much is he gonna want? he is 32 right?  He still better then anyone we got....some guys dont lose speed. Joey was still fast at age 37 but he just didnt want to learn.  Wayne is a student of the game and would probably pick things up quickly and who else is Wayne gonna want to play for after 10 years w/Manning?

Maybe he goes home to N.O...who knows. I say his short list is Brady and Brees

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Also Wayne has started in all 16 games going back to 03. Very reliable and durable. His #'s will be down this year due to no Qb there, and will be cheap

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Lack of effort at times is the only comparison between Bowe and Moss. Moss is a HOF WR, and probably top 5 WR of all time. He had at his peak, much better speed and hands than Bowe. with that, I wouldn't want either if them here next year. I bet we add a WR in FA, and maybe 1 via the draft depending on Price's progress, Ocho coming back.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]Lack of effort at times is the only comparison between Bowe and Moss. Moss is a HOF WR, and probably top 5 WR of all time. He had at his peak, much better speed and hands than Bowe. with that, I wouldn't want either if them here next year. I bet we add a WR in FA, and maybe 1 via the draft depending on Price's progress, Ocho coming back.

I hope Taylor being cut doesnt mean they will draft another. We can get players in free agency and even some sleepers in their prime, but Please! No MORE WR's in the DRAFT!!!  I would rather take the best defensive player available. Our Wr's only end up playing Cb's.

So am I going to take the top rated CB and make him my WR. I'll then take the highest rated WR and make him my CB.

This next years draft wont be used for what we need. We now have to draft another CB as Devin is looking like the special teamer people spoke about early on and we still have no WR's outside of Branch and Wes who arent signed past this year.

Or we could draft 2 Tight ends and play a 4 TE set. 14 personnel??

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Here's my opinion on what puts the Pats in the best postion. Get a DT first.  Wilfork is a man among jags out there.  He is playing so many snaps because Love, Warren, Deaderick, etc. are nothing more than serviceable rotational players.  You put pressure up the middle and then you can put a speed rusher on the outside and they will put pressure on the QB all game.  Look at GB, they lose Cullen Jenkins and now Clay Mathews is putting up Ninkovich numbers.  See it every year, some speed rusher gets behind two good DT's and wreaks havoc.  Speed rushers are cheap and easy.  There are a few dominant DE/OLB types like Ware, Suggs, Allen but they are hit or miss on drafting.  Ware and Allen were fourth round picks so nobody knows, and it's too risky to draft them high since most are busts.  BB has picked 3 DT's all 3 have been All-Pro's.  The odds of getting what you expect here are good. Get a good DT (or 3-4 DE), and this defense looks completely different. Safety-3rd pick DB's- these guys individually are good enough.  Problem is every week it's two different safeties and two different CB's.  Combine that with the lack of pressure from the line and you have a mess of inconsistency.  Get Dowling, Arrington, Mccourty, Chung, Nate Jones or whoever healthy, and add one more decent safety and they are fine. RB, develop what they have More than any 3rd WR, a RB can effect 30-40 snaps a game, by either running, catching or blocking.  A RB that can effectively catch and run between the tackles is a weapon you see on the field all game, not just 10 or 15 snaps like a WR.  I wouldn't draft one, they just need to develop what they have. WR, They need a guy that can effectively give Welker, Branch, or Hern a few plays off, not just come in for 10 snaps a game in 3WR sets.  Second pick in the draft should be this WR, and yes a speedster. You can pick what you want after that, but the reality is most guys in the 3rd round are probably going to be Jags, and after that most guys are going to be in and out of the NFL and practice squads so I wouldn't pin much hope in getting any shutdown corners, star receivers, or monster pass rushers after the 2nd round unless it's just dumb luck.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

I agree with everything Shen, expect that Ware was a 1st rounder...I think you made a mistake there.

Also i wouldnt touch another WR in the draft. What has N.E. done in the last 8 years drafting to make you believe THIS time they will hit on a WR.

I guess you can use a pick there, but I wouldnt. Only veteran free agents who have a shorter learning curve, and if its gonna be a guy like Ocho who is over 30 it better be a technician like R.Wayne or else try to stay with fairly young guys who are not against learning new tricks because coming here they'll have to be magicians....lol

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

[QUOTE]I agree with everything Shen, expect that Ware was a 4th rounder...I think you made a mistake there. Also i wouldnt touch another WR in the draft. What has N.E. done in the last 8 years drafting to make you believe THIS time they will hit on a WR. I guess you can use a pick there, but I wouldnt. Only veteran free agents who have a shorter learning curve, and if its gonna be a guy like Ocho who is over 30 it better be a technician like R.Wayne or else try to stay with fairly young guys who are not against learning new tricks because coming here they'll have to be magicians....lol
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Yeah, a vet WR sounds good.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I know I'm a bit late to the game but here's my idea on what should be done this off-season

Resigning:

Welker, BJGE, Waters, Carter, Hoyer, Branch (as a #3 WR), Connolly, Nin, Love

FA's to target:

CB - Cort Finnegan
    S - Dashon Goldson
    DE/OLB - Matt Roth
    LB D'Qwell Jackson (good coverage LB)

Players I want to draft:

DT - Devon Still
    DE/OLB - Vinny Curry or Melvin Ingram
    S - Robert Lester
    WR - Marvin McNutt
    OLB - Devin Taylor
    C - Ben Harben

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Thought I would bump this up seeing as this will be a main topic in the offseason and maybe this thread can serve as "playing G.M." thread.

I made his thread in November, but pretty much still feel the same way, except I put an even bigger need on getting a Safety in Free Agency with the hopes of getting Landry and him having a clean bill of health by August.

S, WR, TE, CB and to some extent D-lineman and L.Backer can all be fixed in free agency without breaking the bank.

Get your young D-lineman, Linebackers, O-Lineman, CB, and late round S, WR to groom for future.  Also could still grab a RB in 6th or 7th (Lagerret Blount was a 7th rounder I would love to have)

Wes is Franchised, but I would entertain trades.

Sign Wayne and Royal/Avery. Get your Big, Strong WR prospect/project on 2nd day.

If Wes goes, move Edleman back to offense and let him backup/teach Royal/Avery.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Hey Jay, you might as well forget about Wayne. It's been reported and generally thought that he and Manning are a package deal. I mean who else will share a bed, stay up late, have pillow fits, and give each other match overs on road games?

Sections
Shortcuts