If you're selling Pats stock, I'm buying.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

If you're selling Pats stock, I'm buying.

Call me crazy, but I still think this is a damn good football team.  I hate to see them lose as much as the rest of you, but part of me thinks that facing some adversity at this point in the season could be a good thing for them.  It kind of seems like they have coasted through the regular season a little too easily the past couple of years, and then when things got tough in the playoffs they didn't know how to respond.  I think they will acknowledge their flaws, learn from some mistakes, come together, and play some good, tough football in the second half of the season and into the playoffs. 

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: If you're selling Pats stock, I'm buying.

you are a smart person

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Good post, I agree

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

NOT THANKSGIVING YET.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to If you're selling Pats stock, I'm buying.:
    [QUOTE]Call me crazy, but I still think this is a damn good football team.  I hate to see them lose as much as the rest of you, but part of me thinks that facing some adversity at this point in the season could be a good thing for them.  It kind of seems like they have coasted through the regular season a little too easily the past couple of years, and then when things got tough in the playoffs they didn't know how to respond.  I think they will acknowledge their flaws, learn from some mistakes, come together, and play some good, tough football in the second half of the season and into the playoffs. 
    Posted by WazzuWheatfarmer[/QUOTE]

Agree

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Agreed, let the wussies walk

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

imagine that...rwk and dave on the same side on this one.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Oh, I dont disagree with him that much.  I think he gets on a thing and doesn't let go.  I actually had to concede his point about the offense, as it was proven today.  Sometimes he's a bit much.  Sometimes I'm a bit much too, I guess.  I just think I'm funny and he is a gigantic blowhard.  Or something like that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In Response to Re: If you're selling Pats stock, I'm buying.:
    [QUOTE]Oh, I dont disagree with him that much.  I think he gets on a thing and doesn't let go.  I actually had to concede his point about the offense, as it was proven today.  Sometimes he's a bit much.  Sometimes I'm a bit much too, I guess.  I just think I'm funny and he is a gigantic blowhard.  Or something like that.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

i agree...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Coolguy55220. Show Coolguy55220's posts

I like it... I hate going 14-2, riding into the playoffs with the freakin bye and laying a stinker... These kinds of games are what makes a team grow... the previous group had plenty of these types of games to get experience from... This will benefit this group of patriots.. They need teams to punch them in the mouth, see how they react, and respond to it. I feel much better about this team than i did with the team last year going 14-2.
    Also, I liked what i saw from Ocho tonite... Atleast its something in the right direction, brady needs to get him the ball even if we lose a game like this because we need another WR who can be productive.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

[QUOTE]I like it... I hate going 14-2, riding into the playoffs with the freakin bye and laying a stinker... These kinds of games are what makes a team grow... the previous group had plenty of these types of games to get experience from... This will benefit this group of patriots.. They need teams to punch them in the mouth, see how they react, and respond to it. I feel much better about this team than i did with the team last year going 14-2. Also, I liked what i saw from Ocho tonite... Atleast its something in the right direction, brady needs to get him the ball even if we lose a game like this because we need another WR who can be productive.
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]

i agree on the learning moment.

on the need to stretch the field, i' rather see them use slater or price for that. 

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

Definately agreed on the purchasing of futures based on current agricultural indexes.  Wheat=yup, that's a good one.  Buy low, sell high.  Folks gotta eat.  Pretty safe bet imo.  Apparently, Eddie Murphy & Dan Akroyd made just a freakin' BOAT-Load'a dough doin' just this.  Somethin' about using a guy dressed as an ape, a rastafarian, and that girl that does those digestable yogurt commercials- dressed as a yoddler from Holland.  If I was just sellin' you my idea, and threw ya out that sorta outline of my master plan, You probably woulda just dismissed it altogether.  It worked though (then those 2 old rich Republicans, like from The Muppet show- they had heart attacks or somethin' at the end).  Nice that the loyal butler got a yacht.     

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from auchhhhhhhhhhh. Show auchhhhhhhhhhh's posts

Jets, Dallas, Pitt, NYG and then NYJ

TALK ABOUT GOOD AND AGGRESSIVE DEFENSES...

We are about to end this nightmare... hopefully 6-3 and top of our division.

I hate easy schedules, i prefer hard ones to get the team ready to rumble in the playoffs.

I hope the leaders get everybody focus !

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]Jets, Dallas, Pitt, NYG and then NYJ TALK ABOUT GOOD AND AGGRESSIVE DEFENSES... We are about to end this nightmare... hopefully 6-3 and top of our division. I hate easy schedules, i prefer hard ones to get the team ready to rumble in the playoffs. I hope the leaders get everybody focus !  
    Posted by auchhhhhhhhhhh[/QUOTE]

I totally agree. It brings up a couple of interesting points. First off, after the Jets game it is going to be really hard to judge this team with six straight games against teams that are .500 or worse.

Second, the chances of running into good and aggressive defense greatly increases in the playoffs and winning in the playoffs is what matters. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

All good points.  Our schedule to this point has been very tough.  Heck, even Miami gave us thier best game.  We have faced some of the league's best defenses the past month. There is still plenty of work to do on both sides of the ball, as well as with our special teams, but I'm confident that we will see this team improve greatly over the second half of the season.  No matter how you slice it, we have a hell of a game at NYJ to look forward to this weekend!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I concur. Indeed. 

I only hope, though, they learn quickly enough so they won't forfeit homefield advantage in the playoffs.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

All I can say is that despite shooting themselves in the foot constantly the Pats have been competitive for the most part in their 3 losses.  You have to think some of the things they've been doing wrong (interceptions, missed tackles, coverage) can improve.   I'm expecting BB to address the mistakes this team has been making.  If they can play without the mistakes, they'll give themselves a shot.   

The NFL is a crazy league, just when you think a team is a juggenaut they lose 3 straight, and when you count somebody out they roar back and surprise you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from thefly8. Show thefly8's posts

I would like to agree but they seem to be getting worse each week, not better since the Dallas game.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

I don't own any stock in the Pats, but I have a bridge I want to sell you.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]I like it... I hate going 14-2, riding into the playoffs with the freakin bye and laying a stinker... These kinds of games are what makes a team grow... the previous group had plenty of these types of games to get experience from... This will benefit this group of patriots.. They need teams to punch them in the mouth, see how they react, and respond to it. I feel much better about this team than i did with the team last year going 14-2. Also, I liked what i saw from Ocho tonite... Atleast its something in the right direction, brady needs to get him the ball even if we lose a game like this because we need another WR who can be productive.
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]

All good points and after watching the Dallas game, I said you need 4 gut check wins in a season to do something in the playoffs. in 10' we had few.  My problem is that I thought last week was the soberng, humbling experience we were supposed to bounce back from. I guess we can lean on 05' because we couldnt even win 2 in a row for a while but we made the playoffs, but does anyone remember Brady in that game ...Wow, that was the game Lynch got in his head early and he was trying to mock him. They played 8 man at the line and Brady was doing his raise the roof dance and that game started a long streak of playoff dissapoinments.  This is why I cant excited about our chances because for years now Brady has been getting symied when it counts most.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I believe they will make the playoffs, keeping my fingers crossed after that.

Sections
Shortcuts