Ignorance is Bliss.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: Ignorance is Bliss.

In response to wozzy's comment:

Typically the time to address a talent deficiency is before you need to, not after you've been playing with it for 4 years... but OK.  Coaching is the most underrated aspect of football by it's fans, they are absolutely clueless in that regard and the Pat's get raided every year from it's coaching tree... but I don't suppose that's had any effect because coaching doesn't really matter when you have Tom Brady.

Maroney, BJGE, Thomas, polite, All the TE's, Ridley, Vereen, Faulk, Morris  Woody, ect...ect..ect...  IS addressing and anticipating the Problem!  The coaches can only work with the talent they have and try to make up for defeciencies when the talent didn't work out.

How long have the Pats had a top O?  Guess they've been sitting around  just talking about inproving them over coffee for the past 5 or 10 years.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I don't know about others, but I've never flip flopped on this at all.  Last year I said the offense lacked diversity. In my opinion then and now, it lacked diversity because it only had three talented weapons (Welker, Gronk, and Hern) around Brady and they were and are all basically short middle of the field receiving options.  The running backs were mediocre or not ready and there was no perimeter or deep receiving threat. 

Wozzy, I know your opinion.  Talent doesn't matter. Coaching is all in football.  Last year, you complained about O'Brien and the running game.  This year, you're complaining about playing 4-3 over 3-4 (our pass rush would be better if we had three big bodies in the middle of the line, right?).  And during camp you were calling our secondary the best in the NFL and blaming the pass defense problems on the "soft" scheme.  In your mind, "smashmouth" is all that works.  That means a fullback, the I formation, and lots of running on offense.  It means big D linemen and the 3-4 on defense.  

The reality is, though, our coaches--led by Bill Belichick who is the best in the business, possibly of all time in my opinion--have done things other than "Wozzyball."  Why is that? Have they been led astray by winning all these years and gone soft?  I don't think so.  I think Belichick knows what he's doing.  And I think he knows the talent on the team better than anyone.  Belichick is a genius at matching schemes to talent. He doesn't think there's just one formula for winning football games.  If he did this team would never have the record it has.  Rather than criticizing him and his coaching team constantly, why don't you try to understand the logic of what he does?  He's a smart football coach.  Really.  Smarter than you and True Champ and Rusty and Me combined and then multiplied by a million. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Just for ish and giggles let's play a theoretical;

If the Patriot's win a ring this year, and continue to lead the NFL in rushing attempts, will the run game have had anything AT ALL to do with our success?

Because after all this time, as you've all completely dismissed the past and all your flip flopping on why we didn't run, so now that we actually do run, and if we're succesul at it on the championship stage; is it still unimportant?

Are you for real?  Assuming they are running well, of course it would have SOMETHING to do with it.  But this is the thing you cannot grasp.  Unless they score 5 rushing td's and no passing td's and they win by rushing and rushing alone, the point is moot.

There are many other factors, like passing completions and a D that can allow less points than the O scores, strategy, scheme, coaching, execution......on and on

This is our point.  Yours, virtually does not exist in todays NFL.   Teams win by scoring more points than their opponent.  The amount of runs, not so much.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Nobody is saying BALANCE isn't a good thing NOW, but I've been saying it since 2009 and was told all along that I was wrong.  Dead wrong.

Now everybody agrees because there's an obvious shift back to balance, but these people arguing that we just weren't "talented" enough are the same people arguing for the past four years that the run game in today's NFL was a thing of the past, that it was unnecessary, that our offensive line wasn't built for that, that we didn't have a deep threat in the passing game and that's why we don't run.

Now that we re going back to the run, they knew it all along.... The scapegoat isn't Bill O'Brien, it's Law Firm... it's a joke.  

Another example how everybody becomes an expert in hindsight and their opinions shift with the changing tide.

You forgot the old "let's not take the ball out of Brady's hands", even when the opposing team is teeing off on him because he's dropping back every down. 

I think Branch's comments are telling, and they underscore somewhat why the run is effective this year.  Teams are playing the Pats O for its past tendencies and they're in the nickel as a base or a good percentage of the time.   Let's see what the Buffalo D does different today, if anything, to curb the effectiveness of the O.  If they adjust, and if other teams adjust, let's see if the Pats running game can keep going.  Even if they adjust, they still need to contain Brady, no easy task.   

Regardless, this defense will have to shore up its back end if this team is to be successful when it matters.  

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Here we go again...

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Balance!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The reality is, though, our coaches--led by Bill Belichick who is the best in the business, possibly of all time in my opinion--have done things other than "Wozzyball."  Why is that? Have they been led astray by winning all these years and gone soft?  I don't think so.  I think Belichick knows what he's doing.  And I think he knows the talent on the team better than anyone.  Belichick is a genius at matching schemes to talent. He doesn't think there's just one formula for winning football games.  If he did this team would never have the record it has.  Rather than criticizing him and his coaching team constantly, why don't you try to understand the logic of what he does?  He's a smart football coach.  Really.  Smarter than you and True Champ and Rusty and Me combined and then multiplied by a million. 

Funny Belichick knows what he is doing when it comes to coaching but he's also the one who drafted/signed all these terrible players at runningback that are so devoid of talent.  

You were the one who said we didn't have a deep threat and that's why we couldn't run last year, even though we didnt have a deep threat the prior year and Law Firm ran for a 4.5 yard average... ALL of you guys have flip flopped so much the past 4 years you just can't admit that "finesse" football is less succesful than a smashmouth team.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

Funny Belichick knows what he is doing when it comes to coaching but he's also the one who drafted/signed all these terrible players at runningback that are so devoid of talent.  

You were the one who said we didn't have a deep threat and that's why we couldn't run last year, even though we didnt have a deep threat the prior year and Law Firm ran for a 4.5 yard average... ALL of you guys have flip flopped so much the past 4 years you just can't admit that "finesse" football is less succesful than a smashmouth team.

I said a deep/perimeter game would help our running game by getting the safeties back.  (Teams were bringing their safeties down because they didn't need to worry about the deep part of the field or the sidelines.)  I also said we weren't running because we weren't very good at it with BJGE in there.  

Anyway, the defense has been the real problem for years.  Offense isn't the biggest issue.  It's so obvious it's not even funny. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Really, the balance we need most is a defense to complement our offense.  

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Any you guys catch big Benny today? Kind of like last week...50 yards, 3.3 ypc average. Yet they beat a good team this week...hmmm, they couldn't do that last week??? It's strange because Benny is such a difference maker. It's a funny puzzler, it really is.

I'm wondering if he is the worst "lead" back in the NFL? I seriously am. Yeah two years ago he was a .001 of an inch over 1000 yards, but does that really mean much anymore? There are 16 games and he WAS playing with Tom Brady.

Tell me, does it embarrass you guys that he demonstrates incompetence every single week now that he gets his "touches"? It would embarrass me if I ran around saying we would of won the Super Bowl if we had just given this guy more carries. And I would down right burry my head in the sand if I ran around blaming Brady when our defense looks like the way it does. To each their own though!! I do LMAO though at you guys:) It's all good.

Sections
Shortcuts