Ii think he's a keeper.....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mountainmonkey. Show mountainmonkey's posts

Ii think he's a keeper.....

Brandon Tate's sideline catch...fully extended....looking up into snow and wind...was startling.This kid is coming on....his future looks so bright I'm puttin' on  shades....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

Re: Ii think he's a keeper.....

hes the 4th or 5th option and they probably run only specific plays for him...

endelman cant even get on the field and price is a year away...

thats called great depth...  with 3 picks in the top 33...  with two probably 32 and 33...think about it...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mkulacz. Show mkulacz's posts

Tate works hard, and is wicked fast. Sometimes his hands arent strong enough to handle a pass from Brady.

What we have all learned is that to succeed as a receiver with New England, you need the hands of a lumberjack. Brady can throw damn hard. It might be a reason why his interceptions are down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

Tate had a catch against Buffalo that was just as good. 

Pats were getting pushed around by the Bills and had the ball with about 30 seconds left in the first half.  Brady tossed a 25 yard pass to Tate on the left sideline that he somehow was able to come down with inbounds.  Pats kicked a FG two plays later for some much needed points in a game that could easily have ended up as a loss.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

In Response to Re: Ii think he's a keeper.....:
    [QUOTE]Missed it... anyone have a link for it?
    Posted by Coolguy55220[/QUOTE]
    it's on here... http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-top-5-catches/09000d5d81cdb7a3/Top-five-catches-of-Week-14

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

He had two like that against Buffalo. People are too hard on he and Edelman.  Tate is essentially experiencing a rookie year here.

There are plenty of good signs from him. Plenty.

Of course you expect rookie bumps.  There is clearly more good than bad in his game playing his first full year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mungomunro. Show Mungomunro's posts

I remember when Dion Branch had a problem with dropped passes. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Ii think he's a keeper..... : Better route runner than Bethel Johnson ever was. Also smarter Also willing to dance to make people miss in traffic I'm not saying that Brandon Tate will make it in the NFL and be a wild success, just that he's not a speed merchant like Johnson was.  Personally, I see his ceiling as a Jabbar Gaffney type receiver who knows where to be, how to run routes, and how to read defenses, with perhaps some more athletic gifts.  Maybe if he works really hard he could be a Torry Holt type athletic possession receiver.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Precisely. I don't think we need him to be the next Jerry Rice (noticed i didn't mention Moss...uh, oh, I just did!)....As long has he can be a nice 2nd/3rd WR on this team, contribute much the way Gaffney did, we should be good. This of course is as long as Branch/Welker stay healthy, Tate if he catches 4-6 per game for 40-60 yards, this is all we need from him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Sick catch.  Even better than Holmes dropping a TD in the endzone for the Jets.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

[QUOTE]Tate works hard, and is wicked fast. Sometimes his hands arent strong enough to handle a pass from Brady. What we have all learned is that to succeed as a receiver with New England, you need the hands of a lumberjack. Brady can throw damn hard. It might be a reason why his interceptions are down.
    Posted by mkulacz[/QUOTE]

I just want to inform you that you want soft hands to catch hard thrown balls. Strong hands are used for blocking, hence all of our lumberjack line. You want soft hand to catch tough passes. 

On another note people are jumping on me for comparing him to Bethal Johnson which is deserved, I agree. Im just saying that he isn't going to become the next Torry Holt he could become a reliable receiver I just don't like it when people see him make one great catch and now think he's going to be a 5 time probowler. Thats just the reality people.