I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from falline. Show falline's posts

I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better

Brady had average to below average receivers until Moss and Welker came to town. Save it all you Branch fans. PLEASE (act like you know something about football). Manning during his entire career has had some of the best the gave has or will see during either of thier careers. Not to mention before Moss Welker the only real steady Brady had was Brown. I am a huge fan of Brown, but he was in his twilight during his tenure with Brady, and Brown while a compitent slot receiver, his real strenght was his leadership.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bearclaw. Show Bearclaw's posts

Re: I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better

True, the Pats have bought themselves a Championship team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Re: I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better

If Manning didn't play over half his game in a dome, he would be slightly above average at best.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better:
    [QUOTE]True, the Pats have bought themselves a Championship team.
    Posted by Bearclaw[/QUOTE]

THey didn't have to BUY it... it seems as though Al Davis was willing to hand it to us for 4th round draft picks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: I'll do you one better. If Brady had as good'a receivers as Manning his #'s would be better:
    [QUOTE]If Manning didn't play over half his game in a dome, he would be slightly above average at best.
    Posted by FishTaco64[/QUOTE]

I tend to agree.  I think Brady has a huge disadvantage playing in the mostly-inclement weather that comes with playing in the northeast come late November and December.

Manning not only plays half of his games in domes, but also plays in the warmer AFC South.  Two out of his three road division games are in Jacksonville and Houston.  Manning is virtually guaranteed to play 9-10 games in perfect or near perfect conditions.

I also think that the Colts built their team to win in those conditions, which is why they were a finesse team earlier in this decade.  As Manning, Wayne, and Clark became more experienced, they learned to deal with the conditions, which is when their team made the leap.

I have no doubt that Brady would have done just as well statistically as Manning if he spent his career with Marvin Harrison, Reggie Wayne, and Dallas Clark.

I think Brady's greatest accomplishment was bringing his team within a Reche Caldwell drop of a 38-31 lead in the AFC Championship Game in January 2007.  To take a team that close to the Super Bowl with Reche Caldwell and Jabbar Gaffney as your top two receivers was incredible, especially considering Gaffney wasn't even with the team in training camp.

And with all due respect to Troy Brown, I never truly considered him a #1 receiver of the kind that forces defenses to game plan against him.  Deon Branch was the closest thing they had to a legitimate receiver, and he's been exposed up in Seattle as well.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from WarriorAssassin. Show WarriorAssassin's posts

Brown may have not been a #1 receiver, but he played like he should have been drafted at #1.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

[QUOTE]True, the Pats have bought themselves a Championship team.
    Posted by Bearclaw[/QUOTE]

Your boat sux, go away

Sections
Shortcuts