I'll take it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'll take it.

UGLY.  That game was the most mistake-filled debacle I could have imagined.  Turnovers, miss communication, sub-par day by Brady...I could go on.  Not much went right, yet we still found a way to win.  This W will look just the same as Denver's rout of Baltimore in the standings.  We knew we would have growing pains with all of our youth, and we sure saw that today.  We also saw our team show a ton of heart and grit to not give up and come back to win.  Any road win in the NFL is a great win, especially against a divisional foe on opening day!  Go Pats!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: I'll take it.

Agreed!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Also, say what you will about Amendola, but he came up huge when we needed him most today. That guy is tough as nails to fight through the groin injury and make those catches late. Lets hope he can heal up and dominate all year!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Come October and the rest of the season, this game will be remembered for being a win.  That's all that matters.  We can look at what happened here and there, talk about Edelman and Amendola's great game and the Houdini Act of off rookie receiver optimism, but in the end, it's a win and that's all that matters.

While he's a rotten GM, Coach Belichick will be making adjustments all week long to improve the output of his offense.  He's really good at that aspect.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from iamspuriousbabe. Show iamspuriousbabe's posts

In response to GusMooney's comment:

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

Come October and the rest of the season, this game will be remembered for being a win.  That's all that matters.  We can look at what happened here and there, talk about Edelman and Amendola's great game and the Houdini Act of off rookie receiver optimism, but in the end, it's a win and that's all that matters.

While he's a rotten GM, Coach Belichick will be making adjustments all week long to improve the output of his offense.  He's really good at that aspect.

Yes. The best GM of the cap era, and of all time, is "rotten".

He's never blown a #2 overall pick like Chiarelli or a top 5 pick like Chiarelli did with Kessel.

Pack heat when you go to the movies tonight by yourself and when you give yourself a handy, Handy.

What a loser.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

[QUOTE]

Also, say what you will about Amendola, but he came up huge when we needed him most today. That guy is tough as nails to fight through the groin injury and make those catches late. Lets hope he can heal up and dominate all year!

Amendola>Welker moving forward.

He made it look easy. Welker would have dropped a few of those.

[/QUOTE]

Hahahaha, your jealousy is funny.  Please tell me how many drops Welker averaged a game.  I'll wait while you do some homework.  Or are you just going to make up some numbers?

I'm still waiting for that versatility he was supposed to give us.  Sure could have used it today.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to WazzuWheatfarmer's comment:

Amendola>Welker moving forward.

He made it look easy. Welker would have dropped a few of those.

Hahahaha, your jealousy is funny.  Please tell me how many drops Welker averaged a game.  I'll wait while you do some homework.  Or are you just going to make up some numbers?

I'm still waiting for that versatility he was supposed to give us.  Sure could have used it today.

Welker likes to wait until the SB trophy is nearly in our grasp before he bobbles it away. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBruinss. Show BostonBruinss's posts

Welker would have dropped a big pass for the pats today

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Brady has got to stay focused and not take things for granted. I don''t care if it's a snap or before the half making a pass that really isn't there.

They all add up. Should have been a blow out.

Hopefully he won't have to continue to tell the rookies where to line up.  Amnedola even had problems with that today.  If everyone can line up where they are supposed to without Brady having to correct them then maybe he could focus on his job more.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

I'll take it too. 

Missed the entire game.  Attended funeral service on squam lake for a friend who was a pats fan.  the service started  1 :00 .  I spoke how it was somehow  fitting that we were remembering her at the same time patriots season was beginning.

After, flipped game on radio while driving, heard field goal that made game 21-20.   well... I think I knew that my departed friend would need to help patriots pull this one out.

Seeing those critical catches by amendola and throws by Brady in the 4th qtr on the highlights, and then the winning kick, well ... Maybe my friend Pam helped out a little bit.  Great win.  Maybe I'm glad I missed this frustrating game but the great finish should be quite satisfying to all.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Brady took charge in the 4th of a young team. they ALL came thru the fire

All the doom and gloomers on Amendola, JE, Gost and the D will never stop 

We still don't have Gronk and the young recvers need o blossum. Enjoy the journey

It is so weary to hear the constant drum of negativity. Sometimes I wonder why they , even watch the game
    Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Where are all the people who said the AFC east was a cake walk...? 

Good win .  Reflect.  Learn.  Get out there Thursday.. . Put in a more focused effort...  And win again.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from EastTraveler. Show EastTraveler's posts

I think about this game as a learnng experience and one that exposes the many weaknesses of the team as a whole. It does appear that this season will be another rebuilding one so I'm just not convenienced at this point in time that my expectations of going deep into the playoffs can be achieved with this group. What I'm certainly hoping for now is that I'm entirely wrong... 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Good win .  Reflect.  Learn.  Get out there Thursday.. . Put in a more focused effort...  And win again.

We'll have to see at the end of the year where the AFC East stacks up.  As of right now, the Pats are 1-0 against them.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Indeed, as I said elsewhere, this was no Picasso but a division W on the road is a good win.  Lots of work to do, particularly with the WR group but this should be no surprise to anyone.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

A wins a win and I'll take it but there's a lot of work to be done. Anyone know if Kelly was sick or just didn't have enough fluids leading up to the game? Thompkins looked like a deer in the headlights. Lets just hope it's first game jitters. Same with Sudfeld. This is the type of win BB loves. He gets a W and still gets to yell at the guys. It's a win - win

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

It should be. Buf, Jets, and Mia should be push overs if the Pats are right but last night the Pats looked like they were playing preseason game 2. It's a good thing we have 7 preseason games this year because they need a tune up right now.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

[QUOTE]

It should be. Buf, Jets, and Mia should be push overs if the Pats are right but last night the Pats looked like they were playing preseason game 2. It's a good thing we have 7 preseason games this year because they need a tune up right now.

[/QUOTE]

You sound a tad spoiled there Eng...  these are preseason games to you...?

Tell that to Danny A.  The guy probably can't even walk right now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

You sound a tad spoiled there Eng...  these are preseason games to you...?

Tell that to Danny A.  The guy probably can't even walk right now.

If you think Buf, Jets, and TB are going to give you even close to the same level of play as a Den, Atl, NO, SF, GB then we are in trouble. Yes I have heard former players call games like this tune up games or extended preseason action so that is what I consider them.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Beleee Me! Every team wishes they can get a gut check win like this early in the season. To me, thats what has been missing from the playoff teams. We cruise through the reg. season and get punched in the mouth. Now we can get punched early, see how it feels and develop the chin to winstand it in January. Great Game IMO. A little nerve wrecking but thats REAL Football. NOT what we saw in 2007! Im exciteted for the Season. Dont understand all the hate and worrying. This is what football is about. Every and Any Given Sunday

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

Sections
Shortcuts