Illegal taping by Jets????

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

Illegal taping by Jets????

In Westhoff's statement he says he reviewed tapes of the Patriots' sidelines and discovered they were using the wall tactic. Isn't taping of the other team's sideline illegal? Shouldn't the NFL be requesting these tapes to see what other images of the Pats sideline were recorded by the Jets?

Isn't this post completely stupid?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

Re: Illegal taping by Jets????

yea it is pretty stupid, but i think at the same time if your not smart enough to somehow disquise your signals then thats your fault.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

The NY Jets are a modern Greek tragedy so I thought some comedy should round it out.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

i dont think taping the sideline is illegal. taping from the sidelines is

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In Response to Re: Illegal taping by Jets????:
    [QUOTE]i dont think taping the sideline is illegal. taping from the sidelines is
    Posted by Soxpatsfan08[/QUOTE]

The Jets were caught doing that several times during the 2007 season, but Goodell looked the other way. Was that a slip up by Westhoff? Are the Jets taping from the sidelines again?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

He said taping and sidelines in the same sentence. If a Pats coach did that there'd be an explosion to rival the H bomb

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

On my glenr name above. I made that last night because for some reason evil didn't work. Anyone else have problems lately?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Illegal taping by Jets???? : The Jets were caught doing that several times during the 2007 season, but Goodell looked the other way. Was that a slip up by Westhoff? Are the Jets taping from the sidelines again?
    Posted by .406[/QUOTE]

proof please

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Illegal taping by Jets???? : proof please
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

Proof Westhoff said he reviewed tapes? Just go to any place and read his statement. Proof of the Jets previous taping incidents? They were thrown off of the bridge at the Razor for taping. You seem to be in a hurry to defend them. Why?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

Westhoff said Pats players who are back approach the sideline when the other team punts.  

He didn't offer proof but maybe it's true.  Could be that the offense leaves the bench and approaches the sideline when they expect to be going back in.

I kinow it might be crazy, but it's how I think.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Yeah, it does raise an eyebrow.

Underoos, I have personally seen the video and the stills of the Jets videotaping the Pats D signals from the sidelines in 2006. I also saw that they also taped a bunch of other teams, so it was not a one-time thing. Mangini is clearly standing next to the videographer.  I saved the link to these images, but the link has since expired. The memo clarifying explicitly the existing rule was distributed at the start of the 2006 season. The Jets taping folowed that memo, just as the Pats taping did. 

When these images became public, some wondered if BB purposely, flagrantly taped the Jets in week 1 of 2007 to bring the issue to a head, but that the issue exploded beyond BB's expectation.  In hindset, we now know that Goodell is harsh to some clubs (Steelers, Pats) and looks the other way with others (Jets), so BB may have miscalculated what kind of commissioner Goodell would be (the worst one ever).

I am not so sure about BB's intention to do that.  I think he taped the signals to force the rival team to worry about some other dimension of the game planning.  Give them more work, so to speak.  Make them distracted. I don't think the taping itself would give the Pats a tangible benefit. The Pats success subsequent to the scandal seems to bare this out, as they have actually posted a higher winning percentage after then than they did before then under BB.  

Back to the Jets, let's recount the recent scandals revealed since 2007 of which Goodell has not issued one punishment:

1) Jets illegal videotaping post-memo.
    2) Jets illegal off-season summer practices in Southern Cali.
    3) Jets involvement in Brett Favre's sex scandal, with a Jets' employee giving another Jets' employee the private cell phone of a third Jets' employee who was being sexually harassed by the employee receiving the phone number.
    4) Jets coach tripping a rival player on a play. 
    5) Said Jets coach concealing that he instructed players to help build a human sideline wall in which he could intimidate and trip a rival player during a play.

Take that all together.  Can you honestly say you believe that the Pats' taping is worse than any of those things?  Honestly?  And yet the Pats and BB are fined a royal ransom and lose a no. 1 pick - a loss of pick never done before to any team, while the commish does not levy a fine or suspension for any of these things the Jets did? Let alone investigate if it was Ryan that ordered the wall and the trip?

The Jets stink.  This commish has made a laughingstock of his position.  And to think, he owes his job to Kraft.  Kraft lobbied hard to get Goodell the post. Kraft shouldn't have expected special treatment, but this anti-Pats/pro-Jets bias by Goodell is outrageous.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah, it does raise an eyebrow. Underoos, I have personally seen the video and the stills of the Jets videotaping the Pats D signals from the sidelines in 2006. I also saw that they also taped a bunch of other teams, so it was not a one-time thing. Mangini is clearly standing next to the videographer.  I saved the link to these images, but the link has since expired. The memo clarifying explicitly the existing rule was distributed at the start of the 2006 season. The Jets taping folowed that memo, just as the Pats taping did.  When these images became public, some wondered if BB purposely, flagrantly taped the Jets in week 1 of 2007 to bring the issue to a head, but that the issue exploded beyond BB's expectation.  In hindset, we now know that Goodell is harsh to some clubs (Steelers, Pats) and looks the other way with others (Jets), so BB may have miscalculated what kind of commissioner Goodell would be (the worst one ever). I am not so sure about BB's intention to do that.  I think he taped the signals to force the rival team to worry about some other dimension of the game planning.  Give them more work, so to speak.  Make them distracted. I don't think the taping itself would give the Pats a tangible benefit. The Pats success subsequent to the scandal seems to bare this out, as they have actually posted a higher winning percentage after then than they did before then under BB.   Back to the Jets, let's recount the recent scandals revealed since 2007 of which Goodell has not issued one punishment: 1) Jets illegal videotaping post-memo. 2) Jets illegal off-season summer practices in Southern Cali. 3) Jets involvement in Brett Favre's sex scandal, with a Jets' employee giving another Jets' employee the private cell phone of a third Jets' employee who was being sexually harassed by the employee receiving the phone number. 4) Jets coach tripping a rival player on a play.  5) Said Jets coach concealing that he instructed players to help build a human sideline wall in which he could intimidate and trip a rival player during a play. Take that all together.  Can you honestly say you believe that the Pats' taping is worse than any of those things?  Honestly?  And yet the Pats and BB are fined a royal ransom and lose a no. 1 pick - a loss of pick never done before to any team, while the commish does not levy a fine or suspension for any of these things the Jets did? Let alone investigate if it was Ryan that ordered the wall and the trip? The Jets stink.  This commish has made a laughingstock of his position.  And to think, he owes his job to Kraft.  Kraft lobbied hard to get Goodell the post. Kraft shouldn't have expected special treatment, but this anti-Pats/pro-Jets bias by Goodell is outrageous.
    Posted by chrisakawoody[/QUOTE]

cris,
    I remember those photo's too.  There were at least 6 of them and if I remember correctly, seems they were of; Cleveland, Tenn, maybe Detroit, Buffalo, Pats, others??? You are right, they are gone as I looked for them myself.
    Also as far as the Jets indiscretions, you left out: Wolf Gate(locker room)  and DWI Gate.  All unpunished!  Pathetic.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Illegal taping by Jets???? : cris, I remember those photo's too.  There were at least 6 of them and if I remember correctly, seems they were of; Cleveland, Tenn, maybe Detroit, Buffalo, Pats, others??? You are right, they are gone as I looked for them myself. Also as far as the Jets indiscretions, you left out: Wolf Gate(locker room)  and DWI Gate.  All unpunished!  Pathetic.
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

They were punished for sexually harassing Ines Sainz, but it was pretty light.
    I don't remember what happened on the DUI.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

The Youtube links were all over this board back then. There was a particular Jets employee who was taping from the sidelines during the game, the game they played the Ravens, & boldly the following game (Miami?). It was linked to here at the time & it was really obvious. There was an uproar because after the accusations against the Patriots, video was found of that Jets employee for that game. The watch began for the following Jets games & the same employee was spotted taping from the sidelines. The 4th game he stopped. Must have been warned by someone to stop. ;-) Goodell did nothing. It definitely was a Jets employee. He was wearing the same apparel the other non-players were wearing with the Jets logo on it, & he was on the Jets sideline.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

TADA!
    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/2007/12/12/2007-12-12_spy_for_a_spy_jets_started_video_battle-1.html

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Illegal taping by Jets???? : The Youtube links were all over this board back then. There was a particular Jets employee who was taping from the sidelines during the game, the game they played the Ravens, & boldly the following game (Miami?). It was linked to here at the time & it was really obvious. There was an uproar because after the accusations against the Patriots, video was found of that Jets employee for that game. The watch began for the following Jets games & the same employee was spotted taping from the sidelines. The 4th game he stopped. Must have been warned by someone to stop. ;-) Goodell did nothing. It definitely was a Jets employee. He was wearing the same apparel the other non-players were wearing with the Jets logo on it, & he was on the Jets sideline.
    Posted by .406[/QUOTE]

Not to mention that Steve Scarnecchia of the Denver Bronco's motion picture  Company was working for the Jets back then and as the NFL Stated after his most recent fiasco and I quote, "Scarnecchia is a repeat offender".
    The NFL didn't make that big a deal out of it for some reason because nobody knew of his repeat offense until now. But if he were a repeat offender it would have had to have been 2007 and on because it wasn't an official offense before then.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Once again I go back to my "conspiracy theory" that Goodell had to take action because Arlen Spector was making such a stink in Congress because his Eagles got dismantled in the Super Bowl by our Patties.  

Everyone was doing it...period.  

The PAT's got tagged because they were (still are BTW) the premier team in the NFL and they were sitting on two #1 picks so they could afford to take a PR hit as well as the fines that followed, I don't doubt that Goodell and Krafty came to this agreement behind closed doors.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

He means the 2006 season (January 2007).  Stop asking for proof, you little tool. We have posted it 1000 times here.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2007/12/13/focus_on_jet_camera/

You can tell Manboobs is lying because only NFL personnel can shut down a cameraman, not the home team.

You're welcome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from boomerst3. Show boomerst3's posts

I wondered where Phat Rex or leon disappeared after the Patriots proved they were fakers.  Now we know.  UD6 showed up in November.  Guess who he is?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

Those are okay links, but the video links were of a Jet employee specifically taping from the sidelines. He was surrounded by players in uniform. There were 3 consecutive games & he got caught on tape each time. I'm saying apples to apples, & the Jets were guilty if the Patriots were. You could also look at it as the Patriots not being guilty if the Jets weren't. Anyway, it was clearly a double standard by Goodell. Maybe that was the start of why the reported 5 team owners were upset?