I'm 99% Certain I Saw Arthur & Chandler Jones...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Archer1. Show Archer1's posts

I'm 99% Certain I Saw Arthur & Chandler Jones...

In Boston about an hour ago outside the Taj Hotel. Are the brothers just having a fun weekend or are the Pats bringing him in to wine and dine him during free agency? With the Ravens in cap hell and the Pats needing D-Line help, he could be an attractive option for the Pats. With the Pats being perennial contenders and his brother on the roster, this could be an attractive option for him. What do you guys (and girls) think?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

Re: I'm 99% Certain I Saw Arthur & Chandler Jones...

In response to Archer1's comment:

In Boston about an hour ago outside the Taj Hotel. Are the brothers just having a fun weekend or are the Pats bringing him in to wine and dine him during free agency? With the Ravens in cap hell and the Pats needing D-Line help, he could be an attractive option for the Pats. With the Pats being perennial contenders and his brother on the roster, this could be an attractive option for him. What do you guys (and girls) think?

I'm for anything that will help put pressure on opposing QBs.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

Probably just hanging with his brother. It'd make more sense if he was at the combine since we had BB and the front office guys there. But i'm sure Chandler is trying to sway his brother to come here.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Ib bb wants him and the money is close, he will be in a pats uni. We don't know if bb wants him, that is the thing.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to APpats22's comment:

Probably just hanging with his brother. It'd make more sense if he was at the combine since we had BB and the front office guys there. But i'm sure Chandler is trying to sway his brother to come here.

Right.  All the people who make those decisions are in Indy, in fact Talib is meeting with them there.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Arthur picking up Chandler to go meet Brother Bones Jones in Vegas to catch the UFC fights tonight?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

If Arthuur Jones was meeting with the Pats then it would be tampering, plus BB and co. are in Indy.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Ib bb wants him and the money is close, he will be in a pats uni. We don't know if bb wants him, that is the thing.

or if the money would be close

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwPATRIOTSww. Show wwPATRIOTSww's posts

it would be nice to see arthur play along side his brother. I think he would help our the DL, but you can only hope he fits into our system. I think he does, and with his brother being here, we might get him for a little less than you'd expect. I live in Indiana and went to the deer and turkey expo today at the fair grounds in indy and ran into Adam V. he was in a hurry with the big crowd. but it was awesome to say hi and bump into a big part of our patriot history

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

Pats were in sub defense 65% plus of snaps last season. I simply see DE as a strong need, but not at the cost of what Jones will command. His brother and Nink are the priorities today! and to bring Arthur in at his salary doesn't make sense for how the Pats operate. 

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

Pats were in sub defense 65% plus of snaps last season. I simply see DE as a strong need, but not at the cost of what Jones will command. His brother and Nink are the priorities today! and to bring Arthur in at his salary doesn't make sense for how the Pats operate. 

Pats need a 4-3 DT and Jones would allow them to play 3-4 more, assuming Kelly comes back.

What do you think Jones will be offered?

5/$28 with $12-15 guarantee

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Pats need a 4-3 DT and Jones would allow them to play 3-4 more, assuming Kelly comes back.

not sure it would be that much but might be about around that much if a couple teams get involved. If that's the case it's worth it for him. Well worth the investment.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

not sure it would be that much but might be about around that much if a couple teams get involved. If that's the case it's worth it for him. Well worth the investment.

I like Arthur and would like to see him on the team. But I simply see his brother, Nink, Wilfork and Kelly as better players. Can't see paying Arthur to be the 5th or 6th in the rotation. Now if Kelly or Vince are not on the team, different discussion. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I like Arthur and would like to see him on the team. But I simply see his brother, Nink, Wilfork and Kelly as better players. Can't see paying Arthur to be the 5th or 6th in the rotation. Now if Kelly or Vince are not on the team, different discussion. 

I don't know, I'd put A. Jones higher than Kelly just because he's younger and still developing but can provide as much production imo. Not to mention who knows if Kelly will be the same or even if he has more than a year left. Jones would be more of a long term solution to an aging DT solution in a 43 or if they want to get a NT him and his brother would be 34 DE's long term and Nink is better as a OLB in a 34

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

What PatsEng said. If they can get Jones at a reasonable number (5/28 seems fine), then I'd rather have him than Kelly if forced to choose. Kelly is a one year stopgap coming off an ACL. Might not even be effective at all. Jones is 6 years younger and will be there for the next four or five years. Wilfork is a different skillset but I'd say the same thing about him.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I don't know, I'd put A. Jones higher than Kelly just because he's younger and still developing but can provide as much production imo. Not to mention who knows if Kelly will be the same or even if he has more than a year left. Jones would be more of a long term solution to an aging DT solution in a 43 or if they want to get a NT him and his brother would be 34 DE's long term and Nink is better as a OLB in a 34

I agree PatsEng.  Good post.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Jones IS a great choice, if it happens...he's big, strong and has the right attitude.....

5th or 6th in the rotation... it boggles the mind to see such foolishness...

Sections
Shortcuts