I'm as excited as a school girl!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

I'm as excited as a school girl!

No offense to those of you who are actually school girls (Underdoggggg).  But, I live in the Fatherland (Germany), and there is no Sunday ticket, no bars playing football, no friends house to watch the game, not really any football.  So it was looking like I may not see a Pats game this season.  Obviously that put me in deep suicidal depression, but then I decided to do what any suicidally depressed person does...surf the interweb.  And I found NFL Game Pass (only available outside the US).  I get all the games, DVR controls, and preseason games! 

Is it cheap?  It sure isn't.  ($200 to follow 1 team, $280 for all games)

But when face with the possibility of missing all the games I decided I could cut back onsuch luxuries as gatorade, and heat and toothpaste and water. 

And when I go to Afghanistan I can log in and watch archived games.  They say war is a terrible thing....Not if you get football games it isn't!  Bring on Osama!  preferably during halftime though.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from FenwayChuck. Show FenwayChuck's posts

Re: I'm as excited as a school girl!

GOOD FOR YOU SHENANIGAN..... but didn't they tell you that AFRTS is going to show all the games free this year?

How can a team called the PATRIOTS not be shown around the world to "OUR" Patriotic sons and daughters.....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Now is the time on Sprockets when we dance.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleLazJunior. Show LittleLazJunior's posts

Hey, I came in here looking for school girls, what gives??? well since you dont have any I will post a real pretty one....Toot-A-Louuu!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In Response to I'm as excited as a school girl!:
    [QUOTE]No offense to those of you who are actually school girls (Underdoggggg).  But, I live in the Fatherland (Germany), and there is no Sunday ticket, no bars playing football, no friends house to watch the game, not really any football.  So it was looking like I may not see a Pats game this season.  Obviously that put me in deep suicidal depression, but then I decided to do what any suicidally depressed person does...surf the interweb.  And I found NFL Game Pass (only available outside the US).  I get all the games, DVR controls, and preseason games!  Is it cheap?  It sure isn't.  ($200 to follow 1 team, $280 for all games) But when face with the possibility of missing all the games I decided I could cut back onsuch luxuries as gatorade, and heat and toothpaste and water.  And when I go to Afghanistan I can log in and watch archived games.  They say war is a terrible thing....Not if you get football games it isn't!  Bring on Osama!  preferably during halftime though.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]

Good find dude. I was stationed in Stuttgart twice and Illesheim the last two and could only catch the games AFN was showing. I was lucky to catch a lot of Pats games while I was In Iraq in 03 because they were doing well. Anyway sounds like a good program to sign up for. Good luck in the future dude.

Go Pats!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from dustcover. Show dustcover's posts

Hey Shenanigan, do a little research on a "slingbox".  There very affordable and you'll be able to watch unlimited American TV.  With the cooperation of a pal here in the states who has the Direct TV NFL package, you can watch any game in real time from just about anywhere in the world where you have a cable hooked up to your computer.  (free)  And if you're in a radically different time zone, you can hook your computer to a TV and DVD recorder to replay at your leisure. 

Best Buy stores have the slingbox and at most stores there are knowledgeable sales people who can explain fully how they work.  It's not rocket science either.

Check it out, you'll be amazed, as was I, as to how easily it can be hooked up.  My daughter works at a foreign embassy half way around the world, and having raised her right, (PATS fan through and through) I'm now obligated to make sure she gets every game.  And it certainly has boosted her popularity with many other embassy personnel.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I sort of have the same problem.  I live in Pennsylvania, and I can't go to fest OR fasching parties either!  I can't find ANYTHING even on the internet to fix that!  Or drive the Autobahn!  Thanks for the Osama hunting, by the way, I hope you get him.  Kick him in the nutz once for me.  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JimNotJimmy. Show JimNotJimmy's posts

Maybe she can help you cope with any games you miss this fall

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

The sad part of that picture is the Jug im salivating over is the one with beer in it....  the others are nice also.  I never went to Munich, usually in October we went downrange, I wen't to about every other one from may on through to sept.  If i could take a train bus or cab i got there.. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOT2REGRET. Show NOT2REGRET's posts

Awsome buddy, Im glad to hear that you got everything straightened out. Theres plenty wrong w/ the world today , but to be depriving a vet. ( Or any Pats fan ) of Patriot football is on par w/ a war crime. Stay safe and thank you for your service.

Sections
Shortcuts