I'm done as a fan!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: I'm done as a fan!

In response to NedBraden's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

My uncles have a seats about 15 rows up or whatever the last row is of the lower section. Forget what section, specifically, but it's at the 45 yard line of the end zone with the massive scoreboad, to their left.  I want to say it's section 132. They have 2 seats on the end. It's rare for the wives to get to go to game, where one of them stays home. lol

It's even rarer for them to give up seats for a game for me and a buddy. haha

It can be fun sitting that close, but honestly I prefer the view higher up.  I sometimes switch my tickets for tickets in the first tier, but if I do that I always go for something close to row 30.  I like the elevation to see the game.  I've sat right in front of the press box a number of times, but actually sort of prefer the third deck.  (Fans are more into it too up in the nosebleeds.)

My wife's family has had Packers tickets since Lambeau opened.  They are something like row 10 on the 20 yard line.  They are great when the play is right in front of you.  But if the teams are at the other end of the field you really can't see much.  I hate those seats.  Would rather be up high.  

Yeah, but you're on the side, not in the end zone seats (Gillette doesn't have any up high like most stadiums) so it's differently watching the play develop from the side if you were in the end zones. It's like that in hockey, too. Barring sitting at the old Boston Garden in the balcony on the side, which arguably were the best seats in the history of sport, IMO, behind the nets up high was the only to see the play unfold before others down below. That's th only redeeming value of sitting up high, IMO.

I also feel like Kraft pushed the upper tier too far back when he could have you closer to the field. Again, pet peeve in the design of mine.

We're spoiled here with Fenway and what the old Garden was. In a lot of ways I miss old dumpy stadium because it GOT LOUD in there and it wasn't even an enclosed design. Most of that was the hardcore fans, though.

Loudest outdoor experiene I've ever had is at the 1996 AFC title game. To this day, that was the loudest I've ever experienced there or anywhere.

High end zone seats are great . . . Gillette though doesn't have any.  Jri's seats are near the end zone though and might give a bit of the same view. I haven't sat in that second tier in a few years though.  I did sit in the endzone mezzanine in the old Meadowlands.  Saw Farve as a Jet against the Pats there.  Those were great seats.  

I agree the upper tier is too far back . . . that and the openness of the stadium make it quiet.  Sound dissipates outward rather than getting focused downward on the field. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

have tried to upgrade a few times but we became very friendly with the 2 guys next to us and the 4 guys behind us. Right now we are in 239 I have seats 1 & 2 in my row. The guys next to us have 3 & 4 and the guys behind us have 1 thru 4 in their row. It is difficult because we requested the same set up down in the 1st tier and they have not been able to find that set-up for us. The new upgrade procedure is a good one the issue is what we are asking for.

If you can get to the 1st few rows in the upper deck at mid field those are great seats. We have a buddy who sits on the Pat's side/north end of the field 2nd row upper deck 20 yard line and he loves his seats.

My ideal seats are in that lower ring (rows 1 to 7) in the third deck in one of the four centre sections (309, 310, 331, 332).  I've sat in those periodically and they give you a really good view of the game.  I also don't mind the first few rows in the upper part of the third deck (rows 8 to 10 or so).  I'm getting close: one section away from the centre sections and row 14 next year . . . 

Pro, are your seats on the Pat's side or the visitors side?

This year they are on the visitor's side (333).  The last four or five years I was on the Pats' side.  I actually prefer the visitor's side because the sun's not in your eyes . . . Before I was a season ticket holder myself, I used to buy a friend's seats in 334.  Sometimes sitting in the sun is nice, but I prefer not having to look into the sun.  

I only ask because in the winter at least if you are on the Pat's side and it is sunny you get a little relief. My buddy does complain about the sept/oct games says he bakes up there  but he doesn't mind it from late Nov. on.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

have tried to upgrade a few times but we became very friendly with the 2 guys next to us and the 4 guys behind us. Right now we are in 239 I have seats 1 & 2 in my row. The guys next to us have 3 & 4 and the guys behind us have 1 thru 4 in their row. It is difficult because we requested the same set up down in the 1st tier and they have not been able to find that set-up for us. The new upgrade procedure is a good one the issue is what we are asking for.

If you can get to the 1st few rows in the upper deck at mid field those are great seats. We have a buddy who sits on the Pat's side/north end of the field 2nd row upper deck 20 yard line and he loves his seats.

My ideal seats are in that lower ring (rows 1 to 7) in the third deck in one of the four centre sections (309, 310, 331, 332).  I've sat in those periodically and they give you a really good view of the game.  I also don't mind the first few rows in the upper part of the third deck (rows 8 to 10 or so).  I'm getting close: one section away from the centre sections and row 14 next year . . . 

My buddy is pestering me to move into the club seats. I keep having to remind him that I have 2 kids in college and that is a long way off for me. LOL! Plus they are horrible fans never back in their seats for the start of the 2nd half.

DO NOT do that.  Those are for bandwagon uber wealthy fans who are never in those seats when it matters.  I am mortified when I see all those red seats wide open.  Kraft made a mistake in the design of the stadium.  The Bears knew that might be an issue, so they limited those seats in the mid tier and then stacked any private suites ABOVE the upper tier, so all the noise stays down towards the field.

Way above of my financial means at this point. 

I was on the waiting list when Gillette opened.  I remember getting the prospectus for those seats.  I believe they ranged in price from $3,500 to $6,000 per season per seat.  And I think you needed to commit for ten years.  So if you wanted two perfect seats right in the middle of the field you had to shell out $120,000.  Seemed a bit steep to me Laughing

yeah, that's what it is going to cost me for my 2nd daughter college education. Don't think the wife would be to happy with another $120,000. 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

This year they are on the visitor's side (333).  The last four or five years I was on the Pats' side.  I actually prefer the visitor's side because the sun's not in your eyes . . . Before I was a season ticket holder myself, I used to buy a friend's seats in 334.  Sometimes sitting in the sun is nice, but I prefer not having to look into the sun.  

I only ask because in the winter at least if you are on the Pat's side and it is sunny you get a little relief. My buddy does complain about the sept/oct games says he bakes up there  but he doesn't mind it from late Nov. on.

Yeah, being in the sun is a mixed bag.  Nice when it's cold, but sometimes too much when it's hot.  Overall, though, I'm mostly concerned with viewing the game and generally I think the visitor's side is better because the sun's never in your eyes.  One thing I will miss is the good view of the Pats' sideline.  It's nice to be able to see when a player is hurt--I don't bring a radio with me, so I don't know if a guy is injured if I can't see what's happening. 

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

yeah, that's what it is going to cost me for my 2nd daughter college education. Don't think the wife would be to happy with another $120,000. 

[/QUOTE]

I don't know how people do it . . . college has gotten absurdly expensive.  When I went to college, you could get four years of room, board, and tuition at an ivy league school for a quarter of that.  

Yeah, being in the sun is a mixed bag.  Nice when it's cold, but sometimes too much when it's hot.  Overall, though, I'm mostly concerned with viewing the game and generally I think the visitor's side is better because the sun's never in your eyes.  One thing I will miss is the good view of the Pats' sideline.  It's nice to be able to see when a player is hurt--I don't bring a radio with me, so I don't know if a guy is injured if I can't see what's happening. 

yeah, i am in the northwest corner. Perfect view of the visitors bench can't really see anything on the Pat's sideline. I really do enjoy being at the game it is interesting to watch a play develop and seeing the results. One of the guys we sit next to played div 1 O line and really gives us a great perspective of what is happening in the trenches and what we should be watching for. Call me crazy but i am one of the few people who love pre-season games... allows you to watch certain guys who are on the bubble. From my perspective I much prefer watching a game live than on TV.

•  

I don't know how people do it . . . college has gotten absurdly expensive.  When I went to college, you could get four years of room, board, and tuition at an ivy league school for a quarter of that.  

I went to Northeastern in 1984 tuition was $12, 800 for everything. Today it is 56K from what I am told.

•  

yeah, i am in the northwest corner. Perfect view of the visitors bench can't really see anything on the Pat's sideline. I really do enjoy being at the game it is interesting to watch a play develop and seeing the results. One of the guys we sit next to played div 1 O line and really gives us a great perspective of what is happening in the trenches and what we should be watching for. Call me crazy but i am one of the few people who love pre-season games... allows you to watch certain guys who are on the bubble. From my perspective I much prefer watching a game live than on TV.

[/QUOTE]

I agree.  You can see way more at the game than you can see on TV.  You can also watch whatever you want.  So if you're interested in watching line play, you can do that.  Or if you want to key on a particular player to see how he performs you can do that.  Preaseason is great for that.  You don't really care what's happening in the game overall, so you can just focus on the rookies you are interested in and watch everything they do on the plays they are in.  It's really pretty cool. 

I went to Northeastern in 1984 tuition was $12, 800 for everything. Today it is 56K from what I am told.

I went in 1978 and it was just half that for everything where I went.  The most expensive school I was accepted at (which I decided not to go to), was $8,000 a year for everything--and that seemed outrageous back then.  

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to DontQuestionBB's comment:

bye jader.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TebowOwnsBrady. Show TebowOwnsBrady's posts

I'm done as a fan too. First cheating, now this. I can no-longer stomach the decisions of this franchise. Frown

• You have chosen to ignore posts from jader. Show jader's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .  premeditated murder is pretty bad. I don't know what a guy can do that's worse -- maybe rape a kid (and I have no doubt that somebody, somewhere in professional sports is doing just that as we speak) -- but I don't know that we should be judging young Mr. Hernandez too harshly. After all, don't we live in a society where certain segments of said society are excused all manner of heinous activity because they are "products of their environment" (as Hernandez most certainly is) while other segments bear all the responsiblity for the world's ills because of institutional racism?

Or am I merely being obtuse?

Look at the bright side: All of this unfortunate shenanigans is going to give Aaron Hernandez an opportunity to "find Jesus" in a big way.

And look what that did for Ray Lewis.

Oh . . .  and as for Jader . . .  I think maybe he should just change his screen name to Jaded and pretend none of this ever happened.

Either that, or I am entirely wrong.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

DO NOT do that.  Those are for bandwagon uber wealthy fans who are never in those seats when it matters.  I am mortified when I see all those red seats wide open.  Kraft made a mistake in the design of the stadium.  The Bears knew that might be an issue, so they limited those seats in the mid tier and then stacked any private suites ABOVE the upper tier, so all the noise stays down towards the field.

Rusty Vandelay Industries?

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In response to jader's comment:

In response to p-mike's comment:

Well . . .  premeditated murder is pretty bad. I don't know what a guy can do that's worse -- maybe rape a kid (and I have no doubt that somebody, somewhere in professional sports is doing just that as we speak) -- but I don't know that we should be judging young Mr. Hernandez too harshly. After all, don't we live in a society where certain segments of said society are excused all manner of heinous activity because they are "products of their environment" (as Hernandez most certainly is) while other segments bear all the responsiblity for the world's ills because of institutional racism?

Or am I merely being obtuse?

Look at the bright side: All of this unfortunate shenanigans is going to give Aaron Hernandez an opportunity to "find Jesus" in a big way.

And look what that did for Ray Lewis.

Oh . . .  and as for Jader . . .  I think maybe he should just change his screen name to Jaded and pretend none of this ever happened.

Either that, or I am entirely wrong.

Now you listen here! He's not the Messiah . . .   he's a very naughty boy!

He's back!

• This post has been removed.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Hey Jader, apparently you are NOT done as a fan. You still are blowing hot air.

It's ON.

• Sections
    Shortcuts