I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and....

predict the Pats win the next two Super Bowls and here's why.

All set at the oline.
    All set at rb.
    All set at TE.
    Plenty of cap space.
    4 picks in the first two rounds plus I feel BB will be more agressive given Brady is nearing 35.

Needs:
    Deep threat wideout.
    Pass rushing DE
    Secondary help.

All these needs can be addressed during FA or in the draft.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and....

It would be nice!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I don't think we are all set at TE actually. I think we need 1 more starting caliber TE to run the 2 TE set we have been running. We saw what happened when Gronk was injured and when Hern was injured. Running a 2 TE base set isn't very bright when you only have 2 TE's. Need at least one more for depth and to keep the TE's fresh

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and....:
    [QUOTE]I don't think we are all set at TE actually. I think we need 1 more starting caliber TE to run the 2 TE set we have been running. We saw what happened when Gronk was injured and when Hern was injured. Running a 2 TE base set isn't very bright when you only have 2 TE's. Need at least one more for depth and to keep the TE's fresh
    Posted by PatsEng[/QUOTE]

Also, I would expect to see Hernandez doing more out of the backfield next year, running and catching passes. Another tight end in Gronks mold would be just about perfect...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Yes. the future is bright. Lots of good Pats football to be had in the next couple of years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

I can only agree with all of the good projections. The Super Bowl loss was a heart breaker but it stings less when we realize that last year at 14-2 was a transition/rebuilding year on top of this fine season. How many other teams can look back and see 14-2 and 13-3 seasons back to back plus a Super Bowl appearance. We are in New England very spoiled by this long run by the Pats. Hopefully it will continue for some time even once TB retires. Let's appreciate it while we can. Both San Fransico and Oakland were two teams consistantly in the playoffs and hit the skids eventually. Beside BB the one constant is Robert Kraft, a very hands on caring owner who doesn't meddle with the running of the team. 

Hetchinspete 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

Why worry about TE?   I just think Patriots need a fullback instead having a third TE.  Anyway, that is not the biggest concern.  Biggest concern is the deep threat wide receiver and defense.  

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What would you be willing to give up for MJD?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and.... : NO That's an absolute unmitigated disaster in the making. He's too tall to be an RB in the NFL. He'll be injured more than he already has been with that suggestion. That should be a wrinkle, not part of a base offense. Do you want to win a SB or not? Trade for a legit #1 RB so Brady feels obligated to use the RB. Trade for Maurice Jones Drew.
    Posted by RustyGriswold[/QUOTE]

My point was more about getting another large TE who can block as well as catch. Hernendez is not that guy. He is a matchup nightmare for defenses who can be moved around to a variety of positions and do damage from any of them. But he is not a true TE. I am all for getting a real #1 RB, and thats another reason to have two full time TE's, and a fullback as well.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and.... : and a fullback as well.
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]

They have Lousaka Polite. Could bring him back for cheap, I don't understand why they didn't use him more. His claim to fame was that he was nearly unstoppable in short yardage with Miami. I believe there was a stat that he converted a ridiculous number of consecutive 3rd and shorts or something. I agree though, I'm not a fan of running out of shotgun and spread formations.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Not so sure about winning the next two but I really think a couple of good moves and the Patriots are winning one within the next two years.

Then again, with BB winning the next 2 sure wouldn't surprise me one bit.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm going one up on Rex Ryan and.... : Also, I would expect to see Hernandez doing more out of the backfield next year, running and catching passes. Another tight end in Gronks mold would be just about perfect...
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]
    IMO, it's really NOT a good sign when we "resort" to using Edelman as a DB or Hernandez as a RB.  Hernandez will likely get jacked up one of these days at RB and get another concussion; which may result in missed games or an early retirement. Edelman certainly has found a niche, but is he really part of a solution that helps the D get off the damn field?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Like to see TB go out like John Elway did, winning two championships. "This ones for Tom".

15. This post has been removed.