I'm going to get slammed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: I'm going to get slammed

I won't slam you.  I agree.  Brady has looked terrible this year outside of one two minute drill against the Saints.  It's not all on the receivers.  Brady's passes have been overthrown and underthrown way too much.  There were quite a few times yesterday where he had tons of time on that drive to tie the game and he made bad throws.  2 games out of the last 3 with no TD passes and below 50% accuracy.  Even if Welker were here, Brady would still be stinking up the joint this year.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady's fine.

His wide receivers are garbage.

He can't throw and catch the ball himself.

[/QUOTE]

HOF QBs should be able to adjust to a whole new set of receivers.  Brady has hid behind the defense and run game for years.  Finally he is exposed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

"Warned about brady for years.  He has been spoiled.

As for gronk, do not overanalyze."

There you go folks... the most ironic & hypocritical statement in the history of mankind.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to WeDerrWEDAT's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Warned about brady for years.  He has been spoiled.

As for gronk, do not overanalyze. He was trying to tip a hard and wild pass to himself and corral.  He broke his right arm, not his left.

Of brady puts more air under with gronk behind the d, it is game over, 34-27 win.

Our d gets no help from him and the offense in second halves whem brady ignores the run with mcdaniels.  Why is brady not demanding to run more with bolden and ridley?  Gronk was targeted 17 times!  The next highest was I think edelman at 7.

Our d looks worse than it is and we choose to lose games by ignoring the run for an entire half. Another gifted win to the opponent with a tip of the cap to the refs.

[/QUOTE]

sorry man, your defense gave up a ton of points to a rookie qb with no WRs or TEs...

[/QUOTE]

Who is that new superstar on the Jets, Jeff Cumberland? 
    He made that guy Hightower look like he was stuck in mud.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

As for gronk, do not overanalyze. He was trying to tip a hard and wild pass to himself and corral.  He broke his right arm, not his left.

Of brady puts more air under with gronk behind the d, it is game over, 34-27 win.

Our d gets no help from him and the offense in second halves whem brady ignores the run with mcdaniels.  Why is brady not demanding to run more with bolden and ridley?  Gronk was targeted 17 times!  The next highest was I think edelman at 7.

Our d looks worse than it is and we choose to lose games by ignoring the run for an entire half. Another gifted win to the opponent with a tip of the cap to the refs.

[/QUOTE]

sorry man, your defense gave up a ton of points to a rookie qb with no WRs or TEs...

[/QUOTE]

20 points is not a "ton" of points especially with our AWFUL second half offense only able to generate enough to kick one FG.

Our D is short two key, quality players and our offense was awful. 20 points if fine by me on the road playing your team in your annual home SB.

[/QUOTE]

But you said yesterday that the Pats have the best defense in the NFL.  You said Geno was a bust.  You said the Jets had no TEs, no RBs, no WRs.   The only team in the NFL to give up that many points to the Jets is the Falcons.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonIrishGuy. Show BostonIrishGuy's posts

THE OP IS CLEARLY DELUSIONAL. BRADY HAS WORKED HIS MAGIC THIS YEAR, LOOK AT ALL THE HORRIBLE OFFENSIVE PERSONELL HE'S HAD TO DEAL WITH THIS YEAR, AND THEY ARE 5-2 - SHOULD REALLY BE 7-0 BUT WE GOT SCREWED IN YESTERDAY'S GAME AND ALSO BY THE REFS IN THE BENGALS GAME. JUST SAYIN, BRADY HAS PLENTY OF MAGIC LEFT IF ONLY WE COULD GET SOME BETTER WEPONS FOR HIM AND THE REFS STOP SCREWING US.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

There are a lot of things happening this season with Brady and the Pats offense we have not seen EVER.  Is Brady getting "older", yes he is, but, look around him.  Where is the experience he has had to work with like in past seasons?  So far it is a compilation of things and so much inconsistencies.  We were all elated with the way last week's game against the Saints ended, but, it does not hide the overall concerns we have.  When will the offense get in sync for a WHOLE game?  EIGHT punts yesterday and the TOP was Jets 46 minutes to the Pats 23 minutes!!!  That overtime drive the Jets had in OT was 14 plays long!!!  Where was the D?

Anyway, this game is over, let's move on to Miami!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just don't let russ claim something like - the team was missing key defensive players.  All of the rest of the pats fans can claim that, but not Rusty. 

Rusty is constantly critical of other teams saying they spend too much on players.  He says the pats don't have that problem which allows the pats to have significantly more depth than any other team in the league.  So where Rusty is concerned (only Rusty), there is no such thing as critical team injuries.  The pats with their cap acumen have that issue covered. 

oh, and remind Russ that the D gave up 23 points.  Not 20.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The d is awful Napoleon. Without top end talent it looks like a college D. Injuries made a top 12 defense into a bottom 10. Fact burger boy.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Fletcherbrook. Show Fletcherbrook's posts

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

just don't let russ claim something like - the team was missing key defensive players.  All of the rest of the pats fans can claim that, but not Rusty. 

Rusty is constantly critical of other teams saying they spend too much on players.  He says the pats don't have that problem which allows the pats to have significantly more depth than any other team in the league.  So where Rusty is concerned (only Rusty), there is no such thing as critical team injuries.  The pats with their cap acumen have that issue covered. 

[/QUOTE]

Simple fact. He knows 5% of what he thinks he knows about football. The rest is just a twenty something searching for attention. He will grow out of it as he matures.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Those of you that are blindly defending Brady need to stop.  Quit blaming the receivers and the o-line.  It's not the receivers' fault when Brady overthrows or underthrows them.  Do some of them drop passes, sure.  Does every pass that Brady throws hit on target, no.  Not by a long shot.  In fact I will venture to say he's had more bad passes than the receivers have had drops.  And yes, some of the passes they drop are horrible passes from Brady.  Stop resting on Brady's past accomplishments.  He was great then.  He's been awful this season.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Those of you that are blindly defending Brady need to stop.  Quit blaming the receivers and the o-line.  It's not the receivers' fault when Brady overthrows or underthrows them.  Do some of them drop passes, sure.  Does every pass that Brady throws hit on target, no.  Not by a long shot.  In fact I will venture to say he's had more bad passes than the receivers have had drops.  And yes, some of the passes they drop are horrible passes from Brady.  Stop resting on Brady's past accomplishments.  He was great then.  He's been awful this season.

[/QUOTE]

He had all day in the second half to throw, too.  It's pretty clear they wanted to put on a show with Gronk back, and at halftime made it a point to do that.

Backfired again.

I don't know when they'll wake up, but McDaniels and Brady conspiring to get away from the run every other week

20 carries for Bolden and Ridley isn't very good on the road with a lead. Combined 90 yards. Not great, but not bad either.

There is nothing wrong with that kind of YPC rate there.  They never got to playaction and Brady stopped spreading it around.

Happened in Cincy 2 weeks ago.  

[/QUOTE]

The Jets had no business winning that game.  Up 21-10 with the ball first in the second half, pinned deep in your own territory, pick six.  Nice job, Brady.  Run more to get better field position and stop forcing your throws to Gronk.  I freaking knew he'd be forcing passes to Gronk when he returned.  Targeted him 17 times.  That's ridiculous.  It's ridiculous at this point. 

On the bright side, Broncos and Peyton can be had.  Thanks, Colts!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

He had all day in the second half to throw, too.  It's pretty clear they wanted to put on a show with Gronk back, and at halftime made it a point to do that.

Backfired again.

I don't know when they'll wake up, but McDaniels and Brady conspiring to get away from the run every other week

20 carries for Bolden and Ridley isn't very good on the road with a lead. Combined 90 yards. Not great, but not bad either.

There is nothing wrong with that kind of YPC rate there.  They never got to playaction and Brady stopped spreading it around.

[/QUOTE]

The Jets had no business winning that game.  Up 21-10 with the ball first in the second half, pinned deep in your own territory, pick six.  Nice job, Brady.  Run more to get better field position and stop forcing your throws to Gronk.  I freaking knew he'd be forcing passes to Gronk when he returned.  Targeted him 17 times.  That's ridiculous.  It's ridiculous at this point. 

[/QUOTE]

Remember back when the Pats were known for their second half adjustments?  Did you feel that they had no business winning games they were not leading at the half?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Who is blindly defending Brady?  Some of us are not blind.

What's changed in the past 7 games?

A brand new receiver corps, 2 rookies and  a bunch of oft injures retreads.

There is zero continuity.  There are timing and route issues There are the highest drops in the league.  There is obvious disconnect and mistrust. There is having to hold the ball for eternity with defenders bearing down.

No receiver on the team rates higher than 50th out of 72 qualifying receivers with 20+ catches.  Every single one of his receivers rank in the bottom third in the league, some as low as the bottom 15%.

I could only find two teams, jax and buff, with 2 receivers in the bottom third, never mind ALL OF THEM.

No QB in the NFL has had to deal with a totally new receiving corps, never mind a 36 yr old one who is forced to play with such ineptitude.

Do you really wonder why he threw to Gronk 17 times as apposed to guys who are catching only 40% of their passes and dropping nearly 20% of them.

Really?

Of course he is not without blame, but that's an awful lot on one mans plate.

I'd love to see someone do better but that will never happen as no one else has this problem.  Nor should they!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think TFB is going through an adjustment period. Too many changes and he is too much in his head and not seeing the same things as he use to....

1. New receivers

2. Lost his QB mentor

3. Changing cast of players

4. Poor line play

5. Poor play calling

I believe he works through it and comes out on top. That's what winners do after periods of adjustment. I think TFB is a winner and will work this out.

We do need a QB to start to learn, in 3 seasons at most it will be time for TFB to be replaced, maybe sooner if adjustments take too long

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've summed it up well.  TB has definitely been off- but I do not think he is in decline. One of the factors not mentioned is psychological as well. I think that there is an element of betrayal experienced by TB that he's too much of a professional to talk about that messes with his head on game days. Restructured contract for what? I do think he expected Wes to retire a Patriot with him.  AH a cold blooded killer.   He looks out at the field and finds his options limited. The play calling at times has been gawd awful , and the injury bug this year has been  vicious revolving door. I would like to think TB is some kind of superman, but he is only human.  He's moving forward- don't doubt his work ethic, his commitment to winning, or his unique talent and skill set.  I think he works through all this and continues to lead the Patriot winning ways. I believe he wants to play until the age of 40- 4 more years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to darwk's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Pats-bilbo's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think TFB is going through an adjustment period. Too many changes and he is too much in his head and not seeing the same things as he use to....

1. New receivers

2. Lost his QB mentor

3. Changing cast of players

4. Poor line play

5. Poor play calling

I believe he works through it and comes out on top. That's what winners do after periods of adjustment. I think TFB is a winner and will work this out.

We do need a QB to start to learn, in 3 seasons at most it will be time for TFB to be replaced, maybe sooner if adjustments take too long

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you've summed it up well.  TB has definitely been off- but I do not think he is in decline. One of the factors not mentioned is psychological as well. I think that there is an element of betrayal experienced by TB that he's too much of a professional to talk about that messes with his head on game days. Restructured contract for what? I do think he expected Wes to retire a Patriot with him.  AH a cold blooded killer.   He looks out at the field and finds his options limited. The play calling at times has been gawd awful , and the injury bug this year has been  vicious revolving door. I would like to think TB is some kind of superman, but he is only human.  He's moving forward- don't doubt his work ethic, his commitment to winning, or his unique talent and skill set.  I think he works through all this and continues to lead the Patriot winning ways. I believe he wants to play until the age of 40- 4 more years.

[/QUOTE]

One one person is responsible for the pick 6 coming out of the second half. In a year where we don't have the depth to cover poor play everyone simply must show up every week with their A game, EVERYONE.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Backfired again.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Remember back when the Pats were known for their second half adjustments?  Did you feel that they had no business winning games they were not leading at the half?

[/QUOTE]

Who cares?  I'm talking about the Jets trailing with the Pats getting the ball to start the second half and throwing a pick six.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from HelmetofLeather. Show HelmetofLeather's posts

You can see the frustration in his demeanor and it's not just the loss of Welker etc. Age catches us all and when you are ELITE and can no longer perform at a level in which you are accustomed to, that slow burn inside called father time starts to wear on your patience. The O line has sucked all year but he's had happy feet in the pocket for at least 3 seasons now. The deep ball accuracy is a fading memory( Think Moss ) and actually began to slide after the knee injury. Any athlete pro or US who's ever excelled at sports has seen that same decline in our mid 30's where the mind is willing but the body is just a tick slower than it used to be. Some one pointed to the shear number of games TB has played and the hits over the last 2 seasons seem to be piling up. Brady took us from Patsies to THE FRANCHISE in the NFL but sadly his time is drawing to a close. I think there is plenty of magic left as long as the young bucks continue to develop and healthy bodies return, but TB is not the guy to CARRY us any more and the Team is going to start having to do the heavy lifting around him. Get back to establishing a strong running game and let Brady do what he still does at a HIGH LEVEL . PLAY ACTION PASSING.

......P.S. The horrendous play calling by The Boy Blunder is adding to Brady's advanced aging. Getting rid of that tool might change everyones opinion on how much gas TB has left in the tank.......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I am going to get slammed for writing this, but I have never been one to hide my head in the sand with "My team right or wrong".

Before I begin, let me say that it was BS call, especially in overtime.  The officials handed the game to the Jets.  We may still not have won, but that assured the loss.

Also, Gronk was simply not Gronk.  That one handed "almost catch" that would have been a TD, well why did he not even try to bring his left arm up to try to secure it but, instead, left it hanging at his side?

That said, let me get to what is sure to get me slammed.

I have loved what Brady had done all these years.  This year he has been, well, ordinary.  I know about the new class of receivers and I know about losing Welker and Hernandez, etc. etc.  However, I have been looking at his overthrows, his underthrows, his lack of scanning the field, and his interceptions.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still well into the upper half of the QBs in this league.  It is just that, well, he hasn't been a Brady (or a Peyton).  He has been inconsistent, at best.

I hope that with the return of Amendola, and Vereen, and Connally that he returns to form.  However, I think it may be time to seriously consider starting to groom his replacement, beginning with this years draft.  Flashes of billiance simply don't cut it.

OK, sling away at this person who has always put Brady and Peyton as 1-2 with a you pick the order.  I am just very frustrated with his performance.  I can no longer count on the Brady magic.

[/QUOTE]

And you're coming to this realization now?

Brady has consistently underperformed in the playoffs since 2009.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I asked this question in another thread and I'll ask it here...anybody else notice those shots of TB on the bench yesterday flexing his hand?  They focused on him several times during the game and at least three times it seemed that he was concerned about his hand.  Obviously, I have no clue if it means anything at all.  But, if he is having an issue that is effecting his grip on the ball, that could help to explain his inaccuracies.

[/QUOTE]

Noticed it.  Had no effect on throws.

[/QUOTE]

How do you know? Then I guess arringtons hammy had no effect on his poor coverage yesterday Either. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I am going to get slammed for writing this, but I have never been one to hide my head in the sand with "My team right or wrong".

Before I begin, let me say that it was BS call, especially in overtime.  The officials handed the game to the Jets.  We may still not have won, but that assured the loss.

Also, Gronk was simply not Gronk.  That one handed "almost catch" that would have been a TD, well why did he not even try to bring his left arm up to try to secure it but, instead, left it hanging at his side?

That said, let me get to what is sure to get me slammed.

I have loved what Brady had done all these years.  This year he has been, well, ordinary.  I know about the new class of receivers and I know about losing Welker and Hernandez, etc. etc.  However, I have been looking at his overthrows, his underthrows, his lack of scanning the field, and his interceptions.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still well into the upper half of the QBs in this league.  It is just that, well, he hasn't been a Brady (or a Peyton).  He has been inconsistent, at best.

I hope that with the return of Amendola, and Vereen, and Connally that he returns to form.  However, I think it may be time to seriously consider starting to groom his replacement, beginning with this years draft.  Flashes of billiance simply don't cut it.

OK, sling away at this person who has always put Brady and Peyton as 1-2 with a you pick the order.  I am just very frustrated with his performance.  I can no longer count on the Brady magic.

[/QUOTE]

QB = Lambourghini

WR/RB=Chevy

D=Ford

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

Not a controvercial subject, IMHO.  Brady's the #26 rated QB in the league.  His QBR (ESPN's new rating system) is 19th in the league.  He's been a below average QB this year...

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"Warned about brady for years.  He has been spoiled.

As for gronk, do not overanalyze."

There you go folks... the most ironic & hypocritical statement in the history of mankind.

[/QUOTE]

He's the propaganda police.... foolish speculative dribble followed by redirect

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

It's interesting that the possibility that Brady was battling an injury is dismissed so quickly by so many.  He was sacked 4 times yesterday and hit plenty of other times.  It seems like many other guys that were on the field are excused for a sub-par performance because they are battling an injury or not fully recovered from an earlier injury.  Maybe it takes TB missing a game for everyone to take notice. 

I am not going to pretend TB had a great game.  He didn't.  But neither was he horrible as so many suggest.   When you go down the list of problems from yesterday if you have TB in the top 3 then we watched different games.   I am much more concerned about Josh than I am about Tom.

Sections
Shortcuts