I'm going to get slammed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from msteven. Show msteven's posts

Re: I'm going to get slammed

Agree that Brady has not been as accurate as usual.  It is still a work in progress.  Dobson looks better.  Collie will fit in the mix shortly.  Gronk will get better.  My biggest question was where was Ridley?  When he ran, he got positive yards.  The run will help the pass.  They need to work on it more.  Running increases the time of possesion.  Missed passes stop the clock.

The defense was missing 4 starters yesterday.  They were on the field far too long in the first half.  (see work on the run above.)  They need to get to the QB more.  Too many completions on 3rd and long.  Arrington is not a starting CB. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to Uncle Rico's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think the Saints comback winning drive shows Brady still has it.  Had that crazy call yesterday not happened on the game winning FG Brady once again would have made a game winning drive. 

The O line is not playing well and the horrible receivers are a problem too.  Sure Brady is older and his physical skills are not what they used to be.  But look at Denver and Manning. At least he has some help.  At least they have given him some receivers to throw to.  At least they didn't take Manning out to deep water and just push him out of the boat and left.  They gave him a raft, a life vest, some food and water and a fishing pole.  See what I am saying here?  They gave him the tools to succed.  Billy gave Brady nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Does someone on the receiving corps owe you money, or something?  It seems like you have a very slanted negative opinion about them.  I'm certainly aware that they have had their issues, at times, but it borders on ignorance to suggest that they don't possess talent or that they have not continued to improve.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

In response to agcsbill's comment:
    [QUOTE]

There are a lot of things happening this season with Brady and the Pats offense we have not seen EVER.  Is Brady getting "older", yes he is, but, look around him.  Where is the experience he has had to work with like in past seasons?  So far it is a compilation of things and so much inconsistencies.  We were all elated with the way last week's game against the Saints ended, but, it does not hide the overall concerns we have.  When will the offense get in sync for a WHOLE game?  EIGHT punts yesterday and the TOP was Jets 46 minutes to the Pats 23 minutes!!!  That overtime drive the Jets had in OT was 14 plays long!!!  Where was the D?

Anyway, this game is over, let's move on to Miami!

[/QUOTE]

In fairness, the D did stop the Jets in OT.  They missed on the field goal.  The only reason that the Jets scored there was because of an error on special teams.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to user_4047318's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe Brady doesnt care as much anymore. He's 36, has a gorgeous wife, two kids and loads of money.  After two failed tries at a 4th Superbowl win, he may feel that it's no longer in the cards...particularly after the losses on both offense and defense.  He's no longer  obsessed and willing to lay himself out to win. It's natural.  

[/QUOTE]

I don't believe this at all. Remember the high stepping run he had last week against the Saints? Did that look like a guy who didn't care anymore? BS!!

This is a team sport. Yes, he's playing average at best....but the line isn't playing very well at all, and is looking very over-rated, and the WR corps is filled with rookies just trying to learn the offense. Sure TB is on the back nine, but he's still got plenty in the tank, and the intensity is there.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to cyncalpatfan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I think the Saints comback winning drive shows Brady still has it.  Had that crazy call yesterday not happened on the game winning FG Brady once again would have made a game winning drive. 

The O line is not playing well and the horrible receivers are a problem too.  Sure Brady is older and his physical skills are not what they used to be.  But look at Denver and Manning. At least he has some help.  At least they have given him some receivers to throw to.  At least they didn't take Manning out to deep water and just push him out of the boat and left.  They gave him a raft, a life vest, some food and water and a fishing pole.  See what I am saying here?  They gave him the tools to succed.  Billy gave Brady nothing.

[/QUOTE]

Does someone on the receiving corps owe you money, or something?  It seems like you have a very slanted negative opinion about them.  I'm certainly aware that they have had their issues, at times, but it borders on ignorance to suggest that they don't possess talent or that they have not continued to improve.

[/QUOTE]

My point is we just don't have any receivers that are worth a darn. Here Brady is being bashed for the lack of talent to throw to and th O line not protecting him.  Brady is an older QB whose skills are on the decline but he is still good enough to lead a team to win a super bowl, he just has to be given a fair chance.  This receiver group is not a fair chance.  Brady deserves more.  The defense looked good but the lack of depth was a glaring problem to begin with.  Looks like that has now bit  us in the but too.  Bad planning for this season.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jam757. Show jam757's posts

It's convenient to bash Brady now when times are tough but this team simply has very limited weapons on offense and yes, it is painful to watch. I'm not saying he has been great but what if we had a healthy Welker (we'll be asking that question for eternity)? Gronk looked solid to me. Made a great catch down the middle and lost one in the sun that Brady put right on the money. The most concerning thing right now are the abundant injuries on defense which has drastically reduced the overall quality of the D. The Pats will have to put up some points now to be able to win some games. It's scary to think what Denver might do to us. A QB always looks great when surrounded by incredible receivers and weapons at every position. Note to front office: Brady is getting older...this was NOT the time to rebuild!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Section136. Show Section136's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Yeah, last week Brady is having one of his best seasons leading his team to a TD win 5 seconds left in the game with a bunch of nobody receivers, this week he's terrible lets cut him.

[/QUOTE]

Yeah!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I am going to get slammed for writing this, but I have never been one to hide my head in the sand with "My team right or wrong".

Before I begin, let me say that it was BS call, especially in overtime.  The officials handed the game to the Jets.  We may still not have won, but that assured the loss.

Also, Gronk was simply not Gronk.  That one handed "almost catch" that would have been a TD, well why did he not even try to bring his left arm up to try to secure it but, instead, left it hanging at his side?

That said, let me get to what is sure to get me slammed.

I have loved what Brady had done all these years.  This year he has been, well, ordinary.  I know about the new class of receivers and I know about losing Welker and Hernandez, etc. etc.  However, I have been looking at his overthrows, his underthrows, his lack of scanning the field, and his interceptions.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still well into the upper half of the QBs in this league.  It is just that, well, he hasn't been a Brady (or a Peyton).  He has been inconsistent, at best.

I hope that with the return of Amendola, and Vereen, and Connally that he returns to form.  However, I think it may be time to seriously consider starting to groom his replacement, beginning with this years draft.  Flashes of billiance simply don't cut it.

OK, sling away at this person who has always put Brady and Peyton as 1-2 with a you pick the order.  I am just very frustrated with his performance.  I can no longer count on the Brady magic.

[/QUOTE]

IMO, you didn't say anything slamworthy.  :) 

I try to stay positive when it comes to the Pats but when it comes to a game played like this one, it's the Pats that deserve the slamming.  Brady is getting older and perhaps this had something to do with his lack of affectiveness.  OTOH for the most part the Jet's Defense, played excellent.  At first they were able to penetrate and not give him any time to set up and later they gave him all the time in the world but did an excellent job in coverage.   I also agree with those that say they did not use Ridley enough.

There were a lot of bad things that happened during the game but of particular note to me besides that BS Penalty was Blount still running back kick offs.   Every time the Jet's kicked off I was hoping for him not to run it out.  I mean jeeez, he's not going to get any better yardage than he's already shown - maybe the 23 - 25 Yard Line at best.  So for the chance for him to get 3 maybe 5 more yards beyomd the 20, they risk him being tacked at the 15 or worse or a penalty that starts the offense off at the 10.  This drives me crazy!  If they don't have anyone else to run kick offs back then if the ball goes into the endzone, TAKE A KNEE!

I still believe that the Offense will get it's S together but I'm more worried about the holes in the defense now than anything else.  OTOH, I think at the beginning of the season, 5 and 2 was a reasonable expectation with Losses at Cinn and Atlanta very possible.  Atlanta proved to just not be as good as everone expected but does anybody expect that the Pats are going to win every single division game forever?  Having said that, any loss to the Jets stings a bit more. 

Jet Fans can rejoice because they've won their biggest game of the year.   I also suggest to the Jets that they stop leaving their Uniforms out in the Sun because they look like the color of Baby S. Green.  But to be fair the Jets played a good game, the Pats played a lousy game and the Refs put the final nail in the coffin of this game.   

So now it's back home to play Miami who lost to Buffalo.  Interesting to say the least.   :) 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a controvercial subject, IMHO.  Brady's the #26 rated QB in the league.  His QBR (ESPN's new rating system) is 19th in the league.  He's been a below average QB this year...

[/QUOTE]

But...but....his receivers drop everything.  If we had Welker we'd be 7-0! 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I am going to get slammed for writing this, but I have never been one to hide my head in the sand with "My team right or wrong".

Before I begin, let me say that it was BS call, especially in overtime.  The officials handed the game to the Jets.  We may still not have won, but that assured the loss.

Also, Gronk was simply not Gronk.  That one handed "almost catch" that would have been a TD, well why did he not even try to bring his left arm up to try to secure it but, instead, left it hanging at his side?

That said, let me get to what is sure to get me slammed.

I have loved what Brady had done all these years.  This year he has been, well, ordinary.  I know about the new class of receivers and I know about losing Welker and Hernandez, etc. etc.  However, I have been looking at his overthrows, his underthrows, his lack of scanning the field, and his interceptions.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still well into the upper half of the QBs in this league.  It is just that, well, he hasn't been a Brady (or a Peyton).  He has been inconsistent, at best.

I hope that with the return of Amendola, and Vereen, and Connally that he returns to form.  However, I think it may be time to seriously consider starting to groom his replacement, beginning with this years draft.  Flashes of billiance simply don't cut it.

OK, sling away at this person who has always put Brady and Peyton as 1-2 with a you pick the order.  I am just very frustrated with his performance.  I can no longer count on the Brady magic.

[/QUOTE]

QB = Lambourghini

WR/RB=Chevy

D=Ford

[/QUOTE]

Giants = 0-6

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brady's fine.

His wide receivers are garbage.

He can't throw and catch the ball himself.

[/QUOTE]

HOF QBs should be able to adjust to a whole new set of receivers.  Brady has hid behind the defense and run game for years.  Finally he is exposed.

[/QUOTE]

^ Ravings of a mental case troll.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Anyone ever notice how the Megatool Rusty NEVER gives the O an inch on their injuries, but bends over backwards to make excuses for D injuries?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Maybe it takes TB missing a game for everyone to take notice. 

[/QUOTE]

If Tom is hurt he should sit, and the minions should get some Mallet crammed down their throat for a few games. Maybe THAT will finally sink in some smart into their brain.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

Hey Babe.  Still waiting on your answer as to when refs should and shouldn't enforce rules.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

My point is we just don't have any receivers that are worth a darn.

[/QUOTE]

What we have is obvious if you subtract the spin; a few clueless rookies, a backup, a china doll and a broken down vet.

With Gronk back we now have ONE real legit full-time big league receiver.

This isn't exactly the optimal mix for your 36 yo QB. LMAO@BB

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Babe.  Still waiting on your answer as to when refs should and shouldn't enforce rules.

[/QUOTE]

Already answered it troll.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Uncle Rico. Show Uncle Rico's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to JulesWinfield's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Not a controvercial subject, IMHO.  Brady's the #26 rated QB in the league.  His QBR (ESPN's new rating system) is 19th in the league.  He's been a below average QB this year...

[/QUOTE]

But...but....his receivers drop everything.  If we had Welker we'd be 7-0! 

[/QUOTE]

Glad to see you finally getting it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Already answered it troll.

[/QUOTE]

Nope, you didn't.  When are you not allowed to throw a flag?  4th qtr? OT?  Against the Pats?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Anyone ever notice how the Megatool Rusty NEVER gives the O an inch on their injuries, but bends over backwards to make excuses for D injuries?

[/QUOTE]

Gronk returned. What injuries did we have on Sunday?  Getting Gronk back should helped. Instead Brady stares him down for a pick 6 which lost us the game. He was awful in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

A brilliant forced turnover by Allen.  The guy is a speed demon and jumped the route.  Jet's D held an NFL top offense to 20 points.  Incredible. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RSPCB73. Show RSPCB73's posts

BTW those who think TB12 is Lambourghini, just remember these very expensive cars can be quite finicky, and often spend a lot of time in repair shops.  I think our Lambourghini needs to spend some serious time in the repair shop (film room, practice field) with the mechanics (coaches) to be performing well again.  Oh, yes, a new driver (fearless, creative mindset) wouldn't hurt either.  Still, in 2013, we'll only go as far as TB12 takes us.

Red Sox 2013 ALCS Champion, Patriots in 2014 Super Bowl!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

He hasn't been his usual self, but I'm not sure his usual self could do much with the talent he has right now. If this guy is done, you can say goodbye to everything. Try putting another quarterback out there with this bunch of guys...where they will get to look over the field and find that everyone is covered...over and over, again. That IS happening right now. That pick to Gronk? Take a look at the replay, there was nothing...no one to throw to. Most quarterbacks would be tossing four interceptions a game with this group, at least he's not doing that.

I will admit I do expect more from him, but at the same time I have to remember who he's throwing to and how terrible the middle (and left tackle) of our line has been. The first thing I'd do this off season is cut Mankins and if they can save one single cent on the salary cap they will. Why the hell did we pay a guard that much? You can find guys for a fraction of his cost to do what he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

If this guy is done, you can say goodbye to everything. Try putting another quarterback out there with this bunch of guys...

[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping to see me some Mallet shoved down the craw of a few of our buddies here. Especially the ones who crow about 2008.

The level of stupidity on this board that has been raging for years may soon be bludgeoned to smithereens.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

I still think TB is a really good QB. I might be wrong but it seems like he has trouble w/ deep throws. Maybe that has more to do w/ the receivers maybe I'm wrong but I do know he was not very good yesterday. That pk-6 was a rookie mistake.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think TB is a really good QB. I might be wrong but it seems like he has trouble w/ deep throws. Maybe that has more to do w/ the receivers maybe I'm wrong but I do know he was not very good yesterday. That pk-6 was a rookie mistake.

[/QUOTE]

But but but, BB has built a fantastic team around Brady! He's just a system QB, bring on Mallet, anybody can do this! We should just run run run to the Lombardi Trophy!

LMAO@ all the foolish notions that have been festering here for years.

Sections
Shortcuts