I'm going to get slammed

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Re: I'm going to get slammed

In response to Harvey-Wallbanger's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Gronk returned. What injuries did we have on Sunday?  Getting Gronk back should helped. Instead Brady stares him down for a pick 6 which lost us the game. He was awful in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

There were plenty of problems to go around in this game--and that is NO excuse for Brady's sub-par performance.

However, you have the Jets moving the ball very well against the Pats D in their first 3 possessions, and if not for that pick six that Smith threw, the Jets would have scored 13 - 17 pts in their first three possessions.

Pats also had some poor special teams play - completely aside from the OT penalty fiasco - one penalty negated a PR by Edelman that had the Pats in Jets' territory, and another that allowed a big return by Cribbs in the 3rd quarter that set up the last FG by NYJ.  Any one of those plays could be considered to have cost us the game as well.

Hats off to the Jets for doing what they had to do to stay alive in that game.  They beat us in all 3 phases of the game.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to stan17's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I still think TB is a really good QB. I might be wrong but it seems like he has trouble w/ deep throws. Maybe that has more to do w/ the receivers maybe I'm wrong but I do know he was not very good yesterday. That pk-6 was a rookie mistake.

[/QUOTE]

But but but, BB has built a fantastic team around Brady! He's just a system QB, bring on Mallet, anybody can do this! We should just run run run to the Lombardi Trophy!

LMAO@ all the foolish notions that have been festering here for years.

[/QUOTE]

Hey fool where did I say bring on Mallet. Where did I say we should run run run nowhere. I think Brady is still a really good QB. That pk-6 was all TB a pure rookie mistake bottom line. He tried forcing it into Gronk. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

I still think TB is a really good QB. I might be wrong but it seems like he has trouble w/ deep throws. Maybe that has more to do w/ the receivers maybe I'm wrong but I do know he was not very good yesterday. That pk-6 was a rookie mistake.

[/QUOTE]

But but but, BB has built a fantastic team around Brady! He's just a system QB, bring on Mallet, anybody can do this! We should just run run run to the Lombardi Trophy!

[/QUOTE]

Hey fool where did I say bring on Mallet. Where did I say we should run run run nowhere. I think Brady is still a really good QB. That pk-6 was all TB a pure rookie mistake bottom line. He tried forcing it into Gronk. 

[/QUOTE]

Chill dood. I didn't say you said any of that. Talk about being a fool. It was a general comment. Believe me if it was directed at you, you would have no doubt about that. LMAO

Yeah, Brady is flustered with this crap collection of receivers BB has stuck him with, and it's showing. Hell, he desperately looked for Gronk all day his other options are so lame.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Ignore DIapers. He likes to put words in people's mouths.   

[/QUOTE]

No need to put words in your mouth Megatool. The whole board knows you are clueless. You've proven it 1000+ times. LMAO@U

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MeadowlandMike. Show MeadowlandMike's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to TheTinMan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Gronk returned. What injuries did we have on Sunday?  Getting Gronk back should helped. Instead Brady stares him down for a pick 6 which lost us the game. He was awful in the second half.

[/QUOTE]

There were plenty of problems to go around in this game--and that is NO excuse for Brady's sub-par performance.

However, you have the Jets moving the ball very well against the Pats D in their first 3 possessions, and if not for that pick six that Smith threw, the Jets would have scored 13 - 17 pts in their first three possessions.

Pats also had some poor special teams play - completely aside from the OT penalty fiasco - one penalty negated a PR by Edelman that had the Pats in Jets' territory, and another that allowed a big return by Cribbs in the 3rd quarter that set up the last FG by NYJ.  Any one of those plays could be considered to have cost us the game as well.

Hats off to the Jets for doing what they had to do to stay alive in that game.  They beat us in all 3 phases of the game.

[/QUOTE]

The D allowed 10 points in the first half, 10 in the second.  I fail to understand how a better offense from Brady in the second half would not have helped the D or for us to ice the game and pull away in the 4th.

The offense was brutal in the 3rd qtr and it turned the game.   It's ok to admit the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Why didn't they have more turnovers?  The Jets ran about 90 plays against the Pats.  You'd think they could manage a little more than a single pick that was a poor decision by the rookie QB.  The Jets had almost 30 first downs and were better than 50% on 3rd down conversions.  Was that the practice squad D?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

[QUOTE]

The D allowed 10 points in the first half, 10 in the second.  I fail to understand how a better offense from Brady in the second half would not have helped the D or for us to ice the game and pull away in the 4th.

The offense was brutal in the 3rd qtr and it turned the game.   It's ok to admit the truth.

[/QUOTE]

Where did I say better offense in the 2nd half would not make a difference?

I was simply pointing out that stating the pick-six that Brady threw was what lost the game really isn't an accurate depiction of the overall game.

Pats played poorly all around, and that includes Brady.  D gave up something like 200 yds in offense to the Jets on their first three possessions, and if not for a truly inexcusable throw from Smith for a pick-six, the Jets would have hung at least 13 points on the D on the first three possessions.

Truth is that had the Pats outplayed the Jets in just ONE aspect of that game (O, D or ST), the Pats would have won.  But that's not what happened.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheTinMan. Show TheTinMan's posts

Harvey--I know if there was one thing I was yelling at the TV yesterday afternoon, it was "RUN THE F'N BALL!"

wow, I can't write "e-f-f-i-n"?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

In response to SLGDEV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I know I am going to get slammed for writing this, but I have never been one to hide my head in the sand with "My team right or wrong".

Before I begin, let me say that it was BS call, especially in overtime.  The officials handed the game to the Jets.  We may still not have won, but that assured the loss.

Also, Gronk was simply not Gronk.  That one handed "almost catch" that would have been a TD, well why did he not even try to bring his left arm up to try to secure it but, instead, left it hanging at his side?

That said, let me get to what is sure to get me slammed.

I have loved what Brady had done all these years.  This year he has been, well, ordinary.  I know about the new class of receivers and I know about losing Welker and Hernandez, etc. etc.  However, I have been looking at his overthrows, his underthrows, his lack of scanning the field, and his interceptions.  Don't get me wrong.  He is still well into the upper half of the QBs in this league.  It is just that, well, he hasn't been a Brady (or a Peyton).  He has been inconsistent, at best.

I hope that with the return of Amendola, and Vereen, and Connally that he returns to form.  However, I think it may be time to seriously consider starting to groom his replacement, beginning with this years draft.  Flashes of billiance simply don't cut it.

OK, sling away at this person who has always put Brady and Peyton as 1-2 with a you pick the order.  I am just very frustrated with his performance.  I can no longer count on the Brady magic.

[/QUOTE]

I have noticed the one look throw stuff but I think in the Jets game he knew he didn't have a lot of time to get rid of the ball so he is trying to find an open guy quick to get rid of it. Also as the guys become more reliable as where they are going to go he might get to scan more.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from stan17. Show stan17's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Chill dood. I didn't say you said any of that. Talk about being a fool. It was a general comment. Believe me if it was directed at you, you would have no doubt about that. LMAO

Yeah, Brady is flustered with this crap collection of receivers BB has stuck him with, and it's showing. Hell, he desperately looked for Gronk all day his other options are so lame.

[/QUOTE]

Lol, I'm always chill fool. If your going to make a general statement then make it, if you put it in "replying" to someone then making a general statement is silly. You should be replying to what that person wrote which you clearly didn't do as you said. LMAO @ you the fool.

Sections
Shortcuts