I'm not going to lie!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm not going to lie!

Ravens and Broncos look pretty freaking tough!!  Week 3 and 5 are going to be battles!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: I'm not going to lie!

I think we're a lot deeper than the Broncos, and that game is at home.

The Ravens do look very good tonight. Of course, we don't know yet if the Bungles are that bad. But it sure does look like the Pats and the Ravens are the class of the AFC. Would not be surprised to see them in the AFCCC again this year. The game in Balty is huge since (obviously) the head-to-head matchup would be the tiebreaker for playoff home field.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

That's what makes it fun TFB.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

First week of the season . . . you can't gauge who's truly good and bad yet . . . lots of teams are caught off guard by new wrinkles in their opponents' play books; lots of players are still learning new systems and getting used to playing alongside each other.  Gotta give it a few weeks to separate the  wheat from the chaff. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ytsejamer1. Show Ytsejamer1's posts

Ravens will hopefully forget how to play offense like that come the winter months.  They looked really good.  That Reed guy...58 INTs?  Wow...dat boy good! (Coming to America reference)

As for the Broncos...we'll be able to eat that defense alive.  They haven't changed much since last year.  They're good, but are just a bad matchup for us.  Their offense is going to be a worry.  D. Thomas is a beast of a receiver.

The Steelers...they still after all these years haven't figured out how to defend passes.  No wonder they're 1-7 against Manning led teams.  I didn't think they're run defense was as strong as usual either but they couldn't guard a cracker from an ant in pass defense.  Their RB though (Dwyer) seemed pretty good...he made a good impression.

SF is looking good.  With Crabtree focused and making plays...that's going to be troublesome.  Dallas if they stay focused during the games and Romo plays like that...taking care of the ball, making plays...watch out.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

First week of the season . . . you can't gauge who's truly good and bad yet . . . lots of teams are caught off guard by new wrinkles in their opponents' play books; lots of players are still learning new systems and getting used to playing alongside each other.  Gotta give it a few weeks to separate the  wheat from the chaff. 

Rice looks like his normal beastly self, bad memories of his td run 1st play in the playoffs a few years ago.  But the Patriots D looked awesome against the run vs the Titans, I love the front 7 this year.   I don't care what anyone says, I'm not a Flacco fan but he is a top 10 QB, somewhere between 7-10, imo.  Looked very impressive tonight.  Seems to play very well against the Patriots.  D looks very tough even with old Lewis and Reed and no Suggs.

Denver - Well they have Manning who picked apart the steelers and their D looks pretty good too.

I think the Patriots have a much harder time with the Ravens then the Broncos, but still think Broncos will be very tough. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to digger0862's comment:

That's what makes it fun TFB.

Fun?  You call that fun?  It makes me all sick feeling, lol!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

Ravens and Broncos look pretty freaking tough!!  Week 3 and 5 are going to be battles!

agree completely. however i also think many are underrating houston

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to bredbru's comment:

agree completely. however i also think many are underrating houston

Houston is tough too, always like their D but Ravens and Broncos will be huge tests.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

The Broncos are a super bowl contender if Manning stays healthy and no one will wan't to play a playoff game at that altitude against Manning's hurry up. I was shocked how quickly the Steelers ran out of gas despite winning the posession battle. Those recievers looked darn good now that Tebow is not throwing the ball. Decker and Thomas looked great on Sunday and they had an excellent running game last year which may carry over.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

C'mon TFB. You don't want all blowouts do you?

I remember running track back in high school, rural Maine, I didn't have much competition. I couldn't wait to get to the state meet to finally get pushed, to see how I would perform against the best. I always had my best time and distance in those meets.

The Patriots need to be pushed as well, to play the best, to see where they are at, to see how good they really are. They will be better for it.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I remember running track back in high school, rural Maine, I didn't have much competition. I couldn't wait to get to the state meet to finally get pushed, to see how I would perform against the best. I always had my best time and distance in those meets.

The Patriots need to be pushed as well, to play the best, to see where they are at, to see how good they really are. They will be better for it.

That's good!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Don't forget, it is a regular season game and the Ravens play tough at home all the time.  Only the Pats have a better home record than the Ravens the last 10 years.  But, the Bengals aren't the Pats and the Pats D HAS improved since that playoff game.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ClifordWasHere. Show ClifordWasHere's posts

Pushed? The Titans were one of the elite teams last year.  Their run D was fantastic.  They beat up on the Ravens early on and were victimized by some injuries.  The fact that we dominated them in every aspect of the game if proof of BB's excellent drafting and completion of the rebuilding of the last couple of years.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

No worries, The weather in Denver will take care of Manning and Flacco got about as far as he will ever get last year.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OutofTownPATS Fan. Show OutofTownPATS Fan's posts

we have another tune up this week with that team from the desert before Balt

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to DelGriffith's comment:

Underrating Houston? ESPN and many others have them as a lock for the SB in the AFC.   No one is underrating Houston.  Personally, I think teams who have those kinds of targets on their backs, who aren't that battle tested and lost some key depth in the offseason, are ripe for disappointment.

underratd on this board

Sections
Shortcuts