I'm offficially predict Steve Smith comes to N.E

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'm offficially predict Steve Smith comes to N.E

I wanted this on record, Smith is out in Carolina and this guy fits the mold of the perfect BB signing plus he always loves veterans who played well against us like Smith always does and did in the 03 SB. Give him 2 years 10 million(same thing we offered Welker just because) and give Brady the toughest receiver he's had since David Givens. Think Steve Smith is afraid to come over the middle? Nope. 

Ice up son.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Re: I'm offficially predict Steve Smith comes to N.E

Ian Rapoport @RapSheet 1h

According to the official transaction wire: Darren Sproles not released yet. Steve Smith not released yet.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Much like A. Wilson, Smith's body started breaking down at the end of last season and he was clearly losing steps and couldn't generate separation like he once use to. I don't think he has much left and not sure he can last a full season. This is the type of signing BB needs to avoid esp at $5mil a year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from APpats22. Show APpats22's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

According to the official transaction wire: Darren Sproles not released yet. Steve Smith not released yet.

Darren Sproles (if he ever gets released) and Revis would make me a very happy guy. Add in Lafells or Sanders and i'll be the moon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

I know one thing, Smith absolutely schooled Talib in that game against Carolina.

Talib got so frustrated he was throwing punches and should have gotten ejected.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to TravisBean's comment:

In response to Salcon's comment:

I know one thing, Smith absolutely schooled Talib in that game against Carolina.

Talib struggles against smaller WRs like Hilton or Smith.

Even ones that have supposedly "lost steps" as PatsEng said earlier?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Sproles is currently incensed and demanding to be released. Speaks volumes about he feels about the furture of the Saints.

Don't blame him...they have serious cap restrictions and don't want him, but want to dangle him for a possible draft choice..they are showing zero respect to the guy...they should let him go because nobody will deal for him now if they know they can get him eventually for nothing but the contract...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Salcon - just watch his last 4 games that season and even the post season. He slowed considerable from the begining of the season. Funny people made similar comments as you did when I said the same thing about A. Wilson last year....... Yep, guess I was wrong about that one

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Much like A. Wilson, Smith's body started breaking down at the end of last season and he was clearly losing steps and couldn't generate separation like he once use to. I don't think he has much left and not sure he can last a full season. This is the type of signing BB needs to avoid esp at $5mil a year.

Disagree, you gamble on veteran players with a chip on their shoulder.  Smith is a lock for 70 catches , 900 yards and would be a valuable addition as a veteran leader, especially for a receiver group that is raw and injured? 

I'm sorry Eng, but you can't only sign 28 year old, never been injured,  good to great players at every position, and when you do sign those guys you pay them a lot of money, so you only give it to your own players who have proven to do well in your system. As the article I posted the other day shows, this is how you get the playoffs almost every year for over a decade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Would like to see SS come here!  Kid is a baller

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

I wanted this on record, Smith is out in Carolina and this guy fits the mold of the perfect BB signing plus he always loves veterans who played well against us like Smith always does and did in the 03 SB. Give him 2 years 10 million(same thing we offered Welker just because) and give Brady the toughest receiver he's had since David Givens. Think Steve Smith is afraid to come over the middle? Nope. 

Ice up son.

Forget about Smith, Edelman, and everything else. Right now, it's all about landing Revis.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Salcon - just watch his last 4 games that season and even the post season. He slowed considerable from the begining of the season. Funny people made similar comments as you did when I said the same thing about A. Wilson last year....... Yep, guess I was wrong about that one

I'll take your word for it.  He looked pretty darn good against the Pats though. 

Can't say much about A. Wilson because other than a preseason game which he didn't look too good in, I haven't seen him play since the beginning of his last season with Arizona.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:

Ice up son.

Forget about Smith, Edelman, and everything else. Right now, it's all about landing Revis.

It's never all about signing 1 player. But I do agree we should lock this up! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhatVirginian. Show PhatVirginian's posts

and, like many of the seasoned veterans (who are in their twilight years) that BB might sign up - they don't make it thru training camp.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Well, you were wrong.  Wilson is dirt cheap and tore an Achilles in camp. That has NOTHING to do with "losing a step". It has to do with tearing an Achilles.

Smith has been very consistent the last 5-6 years, catching about 70 balls and playing in all 16 games, with 4-5 TDs.

HE's not in his prime, little boy, not a #1, maybe not even a #2 target, but could help.

I agree that Smith could help but not at a big price tag.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I'll take your word for it.  He looked pretty darn good against the Pats though. 

Can't say much about A. Wilson because other than a preseason game which he didn't look too good in, I haven't seen him play since the beginning of his last season with Arizona.

Yep, Smitty handed Talib his hat

" Ice up son"

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Disagree, you gamble on veteran players with a chip on their shoulder.  Smith is a lock for 70 catches , 900 yards and would be a valuable addition as a veteran leader, especially for a receiver group that is raw and injured? 

I'm sorry Eng, but you can't only sign 28 year old, never been injured,  good to great players at every position, and when you do sign those guys you pay them a lot of money, so you only give it to your own players who have proven to do well in your system. As the article I posted the other day shows, this is how you get the playoffs almost every year for over a decade.

And you think giving a player who will be 35 and relies on his legs who was slowing to the point Car had to give him the last game off to make sure they could use him in the playoffs 2 yrs $10mil is a good investment? and it's not a lot of money?

I'm sorry True but you can only have so many players at the end of their careers and you can't be giving them $5mil a season as a goodbye gift

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

And you think giving a player who will be 35 and relies on his legs who was slowing to the point Car had to give him the last game off to make sure they could use him in the playoffs 2 yrs $10mil is a good investment? and it's not a lot of money?

I'm sorry True but you can only have so many players at the end of their careers and you can't be giving them $5mil a season as a goodbye gift

I know, just like you told me I was wrong about us having a great chance of getting Revis.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I know, just like you told me I was wrong about us having a great chance of getting Revis.

I know I ask this a lot of you but you never seem to be able to do it so, point out where I called you wrong for that

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

He said he wants to play in the slot so I think he is an upgrade over endelman/amendola in the slot! if we could get him a ring along with Jared allen or peppers I would be estatic! any word on woodyard the broncos LB?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I know I ask this a lot of you but you never seem to be able to do it so, point out where I called you wrong for that

Somewhere in a long list of your junk. I suggested it was possible and you said it went against everything BB does, even though BB has brought in some of the best players in NFL history every few years in N.E.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

no thanks at 2 years 10 mill

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hannahman. Show Hannahman's posts

he will be lucky to see 3 mill a year

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Hannahman's comment:

he will be lucky to see 3 mill a year

Too much? Ok im good with that 3 per it is! 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheExaminer. Show TheExaminer's posts

Nope. Too old, too big a mouth. Pass.

Sections
Shortcuts