In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Nope. Too old, too big a mouth. Pass.

I think BB likes him. Hes tough

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Re: I'm offficially predict Steve Smith comes to N.E

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I know, just like you told me I was wrong about us having a great chance of getting Revis.

I know I ask this a lot of you but you never seem to be able to do it so, point out where I called you wrong for that

Somewhere in a long list of your junk. I suggested it was possible and you said it went against everything BB does, even though BB has brought in some of the best players in NFL history every few years in N.E.

If you actually went back and read you would have seen I said sarcastically that it was not like you True to want something against the philosophy you were fighting for and welcome to our side of wanting to spend money on a good starter. You seem to be doing this a lot lately, making up sometihng I said because you assume I said it and then when I ask you to prove it you suddenly can't find it. Again never said BB wouldn't do it, I said it would be against the philosophy of low cost signings and be closer to what Pro and I wanted actual starting caliber players being signed for starter cost!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

I wanted this on record, Smith is out in Carolina and this guy fits the mold of the perfect BB signing plus he always loves veterans who played well against us like Smith always does and did in the 03 SB. Give him 2 years 10 million(same thing we offered Welker just because) and give Brady the toughest receiver he's had since David Givens. Think Steve Smith is afraid to come over the middle? Nope. 

Ice up son.

I want this on record ... Pats win weak division again. No super bowl again.....There's a sucker Pats fan born every minute.....

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

On short years and short money I'd take him. I'm not sure how much he has left and if it would prevent them from re-signing Edelman. If they were to sign another smaller receiver it would show they have faith in the rookie receivers that were brought in last year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Wouldn't Mind at all SSMITH here, if they can get Edleman back, even better to go along with this.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Ive always liked Steve Smith but to be honest, he isnt a great teamate. He is also not a good route runner. Sure he gets open but so didnt Ocho. They(he and ocho) both come from the same place with rough backrounds and the NFL saved them. Him are Ocho are the same in the respect of they Get Open but not in an organized way. Steve runs rounded routes, he does unorthodox things. It works w/guys like Dellhomme and Newton but for Brady, he wouldnt work out cuz Brady wants precise routes and to be in a precise spot. Steve Smith is a go get open type of guy. Now if playing the slot, his route running is less important but arent we paying Amendola to do that?

I would rather have Lafell who is younger, bigger, faster, stronger. Less experienced and heralded? yes but lets see if Brady can make him a star. Steve was a guy to get 2 or 3 years ago instead of Branch. Right now he is an old,angry dog and he is small. I love Stevie but not a good fit IMO. Get a younger guy who will learn.

We already are paying Danny. IF we cant move him, make him get on page and earn his money.

Go get Lafell/Nicks/Britt? IDC, and get Peppers, Kyle Cook and Bear Pasco. Done!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

NFLTradeRumors.co @nfltrade_rumors

Report: Panthers Releasing WR Steve Smith Thursday http://tinyurl.com/mmglvpj

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider   55m

From yesterday: Sources predict Ravens will pursue Steve Smith heavily: season http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-agent-says-steve-smith-wont-play-for-panthers-next-season-20140312,0,1623664.story 

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Jason LaCanfara on D & C this morning indicated that the FA wideouts are finding that the demand for their services is not quite as intense (and therefore not so lucrative) as many thought.  He indicated a likelihood that Edelman will be in NE this coming season.  My conclusion from this:  If the Pats sign Smith probably won't be for the kind of bucks that he may want.  I'm guessing $3-$4 million 1-year. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

Jason LaCanfara on D & C this morning indicated that the FA wideouts are finding that the demand for their services is not quite as intense (and therefore not so lucrative) as many thought.  He indicated a likelihood that Edelman will be in NE this coming season.  My conclusion from this:  If the Pats sign Smith probably won't be for the kind of bucks that he may want.  I'm guessing $3-$4 million 1-year. 

I think this is because teams saw what Seattle did to Denver, and are trying to bolster their defenses...especially teams that do not have elite QBs. 

Defense is a hotter commodity this FA than offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:

I think this is because teams saw what Seattle did to Denver, and are trying to bolster their defenses...especially teams that do not have elite QBs. 

Yep - copycat league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Could also be that this years WR's just aren't that great with many having question marks. Really going down the list who stands out to you that would be a #1 or even #2 type WR? Nicks has been in decline for years with injury questions, Edelman has had 1 great season where he was healthy out of 5 where he was the only option for Brady to through to (in other teams eyes that could be fools gold if you are spending large) so there are major risks with him. Hawkins, LaBell, Jones, Avant? They are all #3 and 4 types why would you give any of them big money? Really Decker is the top of the list then the next tier down is Nicks, Edelman, and Tate and really are any of those 3 worth top end starting money or #2/3 type of money?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

might be time to bolster the WR core...with all attention off them. Just who though?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

All I know is that they'd better get a few more receivers who can CATCH the ball for Brady...start with Edleman, but get one or two vets who have catching ability and experience....Dobson will be useless this year, might never return from his foot injury....

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to Iceman4's comment:

might be time to bolster the WR core...with all attention off them. Just who though?

There really is no one out there to bolster it with. It was a weak WR FA class to begin with but right now the best out there is Edelman. LaFell and everyone else really aren't anything better than what we currently have and are more #3 types. Not a good year to be looking for WR's via FA. However this is an extremely deep and talented WR draft

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Could also be that this years WR's just aren't that great with many having question marks. Really going down the list who stands out to you that would be a #1 or even #2 type WR? Nicks has been in decline for years with injury questions, Edelman has had 1 great season where he was healthy out of 5 where he was the only option for Brady to through to (in other teams eyes that could be fools gold if you are spending large) so there are major risks with him. Hawkins, LaBell, Jones, Avant? They are all #3 and 4 types why would you give any of them big money? Really Decker is the top of the list then the next tier down is Nicks, Edelman, and Tate and really are any of those 3 worth top end starting money or #2/3 type of money?

I'm certain all of that is in play with this go-round.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'm certain all of that is in play with this go-round.

I also forgot this is a very strong draft class for WR's to. Why pay good money to number 3 types when this years WR class has players in the 3-5 rounds like Latimer, Coleman, Moncrief, and Hoffman? All of which could end up being just as good if not better than any of the current FAs?  BTW, Pats have heavily been linked to Coleman and linked to Moncrief as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Smith is 34 years old though.  How about James Jones?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Report: Steve Smith Asked To Be Traded To The #Cowboys, #Patriots, #Ravens, #Buccaneers Or #Chargers

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jjdbrasil's comment:

Report: Steve Smith Asked To Be Traded To The #Cowboys, #Patriots, #Ravens, #Buccaneers Or #Chargers

Its being reported that Steve Smith will not be traded, but instead will be cut by Panthers today. As we are hearing, the PATS are one of his 5 preferred teams. JE or SS? I know this, JE needs to be careful what he is asking for. His chances to come back could soon slip away.............Steve Smith against Aquib Talib sure sounds good! Remember what he did to Talib last season? It was embarrassing.........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from crazy-world-of-troybrown. Show crazy-world-of-troybrown's posts

Bill Walsh said when everything is fixed on a team, Wideouts should be next priority.

He didn't Draft Jerry Rice until after, they were 15-1, and blew out the Dolphins in Superbowl.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

Its being reported that Steve Smith will not be traded, but instead will be cut by Panthers today. As we are hearing, the PATS are one of his 5 preferred teams. JE or SS? I know this, JE needs to be careful what he is asking for. His chances to come back could soon slip away.............Steve Smith against Aquib Talib sure sounds good! Remember what he did to Talib last season? It was embarrassing.........

The Browns are making a push for Edelman, Herm Edwards on the Herd just said :Edelman is in Cleveland right now."  With that news I think he signs with them.  Steve Smith, I'm on the fence with him at 34 years old. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to RallyC's comment:

The Browns are making a push for Edelman, Herm Edwards on the Herd just said :Edelman is in Cleveland right now."  With that news I think he signs with them.  Steve Smith, I'm on the fence with him at 34 years old. 

He might not...they have no QB and one screwed up front office

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjdbrasil. Show jjdbrasil's posts

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider   13m

The Panthers have cut Steve Smith, team announces

Sections
Shortcuts