I'm picking Buffalo over NE

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Re: I'm picking Buffalo over NE

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both teams had their best game of the year against solid competition so I understand why someone would pick Buffalo but I really think the Pats will play well and it's at home. I would take the points though that is more points than I would have expected.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand why you would rate Miami as "solid competition" because it derailed the Pats' shot at the top seed in the conference and it's important to a certain kind of fan to make it seem like that's okay, but Baltimore stinks on ice and needed officiting that prompted an apology from the league to get by a horrible Vikings team and then exploded for six -- count 'em . . .  six -- field goals to win a game it appeared neither them nor the Lions particularly cared to win, to keep their laughable playoff hopes alive.

Frankly, the number doesn't make sense to me, but you don't need me to tell you  about the uncanny and inexplicable accuracy we often see from Vegas. I'm also not sure I put very much (any) stock in the Pats' supposed home-field advantage. I guess there's probably something to be said for the simple expedient of not being in the other team's building and having to deal with their fans, but when I see the lackluster attitude of so many of the Gillette faithful on television I have a hard time believing anybody gets too worried about having to visit Foxboro.

Frankly, the way this particular season has gone, New England looks set up to lose this one, but the problem with week 17 is you just never know who is going to show up and who isn't. I see the Pats squeaking this one out and those points just look too damned attractive, and when the numbers suggest that somebody knows something that I don't (which isn't nearly as rare as you might think), I stay away.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

In response to Sobchack's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to MeadowlandMike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Pats played in their superbowl last week against a mediocre team. 

[/QUOTE]

The Jets played in the superbowl 44 years ago against a good team.....but that was 44 years ago. Did I say it was 44 years ago?  Yeah, just checked.  It was.  Odd, they haven't been to one since.

[/QUOTE]

I couldn't care less about the Jet's struugggalllinnng

I wanna kiss you

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedSoxDOrtiz. Show RedSoxDOrtiz's posts

As for the point of the thread... I don't think it is a poor bet to lay down money on the Bills to cover the spread.  Brady always has trouble with teams that have a good pass rush, and the Bills have a really good one this year that has progressed since we last played them.

I like the Pats for the win, but that is a lot of points to give a team when your own team is not close to healthy and has shown an ability to  play down to competition and make games very close this year.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pats 31-21 over Bills.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Barring any injuries....I think the Pats pull away late 3rd quarter into 4th.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Hopefully no fluke injuries like running into a lineman...concussions can happen that way.Sealed

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

And no I haven't had too much egg nog. Relax...I'm taking the 9 1/2 points. I go with the roller coaster season I've seen this year...great game...lousy game..

NE will win but the points are being influenced by the Bal game...

[/QUOTE]

Not only has the point spread been influenced by the Baltimore game, but by the teams' respective records, and because of the reputation of the Patriots. Conveniently forgotten are that these are the Depleted Patriots, a team that has been decimated by injuries. 

I agree with your accessment. The Bills, despite their record, are a tough team. If the Patriots dominate them, I'll be pleasantly surprised.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Things have moved. 

1.  The Bills are now 7 1/2 point underdogs.  There must be plenty of Bills fans out there.

2.  The truth about E.J. Manuel came out.  His knee ligament tear is going to keep him off the field on Sunday.  He's been scratched. 

The guy behind E.J.Manuel has been with four teams in the past two years, mostly on practice squads.  He's no Ryan Mallett, a guy who has stuck with one system for 4 years.  Last week produced some film on the new guy's NFL tendencies.  He has a name, and I suppose anyone who steps onto an NFL field has earned his name, but I don't care that much.

In any case, Manuel took up some of this week's practice time.  Sorry, new guy. 

BB eats rookie quarterbacks for breakfast. 

BB wants this win.  He wants the Patriots to recover and to lay in new gimmick plays during a bye week.  Bye weeks are one real advantage -- home field is another real advantage.

At 7 1/2 points I still wouldn't really lean toward the Pats, but if forced to pick ATS I wouldn't want Buffalo. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to ccnsd's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Both teams had their best game of the year against solid competition so I understand why someone would pick Buffalo but I really think the Pats will play well and it's at home. I would take the points though that is more points than I would have expected.

[/QUOTE]

I can understand why you would rate Miami as "solid competition" because it derailed the Pats' shot at the top seed in the conference and it's important to a certain kind of fan to make it seem like that's okay, but Baltimore stinks on ice and needed officiting that prompted an apology from the league to get by a horrible Vikings team and then exploded for six -- count 'em . . .  six -- field goals to win a game it appeared neither them nor the Lions particularly cared to win, to keep their laughable playoff hopes alive.

Frankly, the number doesn't make sense to me, but you don't need me to tell you  about the uncanny and inexplicable accuracy we often see from Vegas. I'm also not sure I put very much (any) stock in the Pats' supposed home-field advantage. I guess there's probably something to be said for the simple expedient of not being in the other team's building and having to deal with their fans, but when I see the lackluster attitude of so many of the Gillette faithful on television I have a hard time believing anybody gets too worried about having to visit Foxboro.

Frankly, the way this particular season has gone, New England looks set up to lose this one, but the problem with week 17 is you just never know who is going to show up and who isn't. I see the Pats squeaking this one out and those points just look too damned attractive, and when the numbers suggest that somebody knows something that I don't (which isn't nearly as rare as you might think), I stay away.

[/QUOTE]

I think any win over the defending super bowl champions (who had 4 stright wins going in) is a quality win. Yes the Raven's may have gotten some help from the officials against Minnisota but almost everyone thinks the Pats got help from the refs against the Browns. If you have a winning record in the NFL you are a quality team IMO. I don't say the Dolphins are "quality competition" because they beat the Pats  (though that contributes) but because they have a very good chance of making the playoffs (in fact of the 4 teams fighting for that spot I think they have the best chance). You don't seem to respect the Pats home field advantage much but they are 7-0 there so far this year and they traditionally are one of the best home teams year after year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

With 2 inches rain forecast for game - give me Bills and points.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Well, I thought I had it but like all gamblers who stay at the table too long my last 2 weeks of profit is gone....

Amazing game though...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

To quote Warner Wolff "If you took the points, YOU LOST!!!!"

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I win

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

OP = troll

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:
    [QUOTE]

OP = troll

[/QUOTE]

This poster is pure scum....plain and simple

Sections
Shortcuts