I'm picking the Pats over the Saints

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

I'm picking the Pats over the Saints

I picked the Pats over Indy, I thought the Colts were due for a loss.  I was almost right.  I think the Saints are also due for a loss and the Pats are ready to go on a roll and sustain it into the playoffs.  The Saints have some good wins (at Philly, at Miami, Atlanta) and I think they're legit.  But the Pats will be ready and will be more than a match offensively.  I think they will be able to run the ball and I don't see Brady slowing down any.  The Saints are a middle of the road D and they're hurting.  I'm going with Pats 31, Saints 28.  

When are we gonna hear from the N'awlins posters?    

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints

I think they're due for a loss as well - with the exception of this past weekend against a pathetic tampa bay team they've been struggling lately.

I've got the Pats in this game

35-24

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hammah29r. Show Hammah29r's posts

IMHO I think that the greatest QB in the NFL has completely returned to his 2007 self and that with all of his available weapons the saints are going to be brought back down to mother earth.

breeze is good,,,,,but breeze is no brady!

hey saints, wes welker sez hello!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

Pats 38-24  Moss back in fold after this past Jets game. Need to get our D-line heathy. Hope Jarvis Green will play(home town game )

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Marcus1973. Show Marcus1973's posts

My predictions is Saints 41-38 in this game. I predict the Pats will get their revenge against the Colts in the AFC Championship and against the Saints in the Superbowl. Now that would be cool beating the Colts when they are 17-0 and the Saints when they are 18-0.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

If the Pats are going to take this game they got to play better D than they did yesterday in 2nd half (more like 3rd quarter) and the O -line must give Brady more time. 
    I don't like what I saw yesterday and all these weaknesses were evident against the Colts.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TOGAH-2009. Show TOGAH-2009's posts

LOL

You beat a crappy team (who probably would have beat you if they hadn't thrown those INT's) and now you're #1 again?  LOL

Enjoy your victory.  You can't beat good teams.  Because to beat a good team you have to be a good team.  You are not a good team.  LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninsatx. Show patsfaninsatx's posts

I wont make any predictions, but I think that NE can win this game if they play 60min.  There is no doubt in my mind that they will come out gunning in the 1st half, but its the 2nd half I worry about.

NO starts slow in the first half and plays better in the 2nd.

So we will see what happens.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

I am ok with this prediction

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints:
    [QUOTE]I am ok with this prediction
    Posted by underdoggg[/QUOTE]

Whew, i'm sure the rest of us were worried you wouldn't approve..

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdoggg. Show underdoggg's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : Whew, i'm sure the rest of us were worried you wouldn't approve..
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

smart azz

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to I'm picking the Pats over the Saints:
    [QUOTE]I picked the Pats over Indy, I thought the Colts were due for a loss.  I was almost right.  I think the Saints are also due for a loss and the Pats are ready to go on a roll and sustain it into the playoffs.  The Saints have some good wins (at Philly, at Miami, Atlanta) and I think they're legit.  But the Pats will be ready and will be more than a match offensively.  I think they will be able to run the ball and I don't see Brady slowing down any.  The Saints are a middle of the road D and they're hurting.  I'm going with Pats 31, Saints 28.   When are we gonna hear from the N'awlins posters?    
    Posted by BrooklineRob[/QUOTE]

Brookline, (I am a Roslindale guy originally) I agree 100%. We should have taken Indy, no complaints we lost, but I know we will take them when we meet again. NO we can take. We can hold our on on offense and our Defense will get to Brees (Who I like) and we will cover their receivers....

Excited about this big game!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]I picked the Pats over Indy, I thought the Colts were due for a loss.  I was almost right.  I think the Saints are also due for a loss and the Pats are ready to go on a roll and sustain it into the playoffs.  The Saints have some good wins (at Philly, at Miami, Atlanta) and I think they're legit.  But the Pats will be ready and will be more than a match offensively.  I think they will be able to run the ball and I don't see Brady slowing down any.  The Saints are a middle of the road D and they're hurting.  I'm going with Pats 31, Saints 28.   When are we gonna hear from the N'awlins posters?    

Pretty bold pick :)

I'll take the Saints. Patriots are 1-3 on the road - and the Saint's offense is better than the Colts. Patriots will have to play the Saints in a similar fashion as the Colts game - but do it for 60 minutes.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

[QUOTE]My predictions is Saints 41-38 in this game. I predict the Pats will get their revenge against the Colts in the AFC Championship and against the Saints in the Superbowl. Now that would be cool beating the Colts when they are 17-0 and the Saints when they are 18-0.
    Posted by Marcus1973[/QUOTE]

I'd rather lose during regular season vs. Colts and Saints - and beat them both in Playoffs.  It's awful hard to beat the elite teams twice in the same season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jasonh86. Show jasonh86's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : Pretty bold pick :) I'll take the Saints. Patriots are 1-3 on the road - and the Saint's offense is better than the Colts. Patriots will have to play the Saints in a similar fashion as the Colts game - but do it for 60 minutes.
    Posted by BubbaInHawaii[/QUOTE]

One thing about the Colts offense that New Orleans don't have - Peyton Manning.
    As much as I can't stand him he is very smart and is the reason they're as good as they are.  Brees is a good QB, but I don't feel like he's not as smart as Peyton and I don't know if he can make the correct adjustments/corrections that Peyton does over the the course of the game when shown different coverages and different defensive packages.

I just don't think the Saints offense is as "smart" as the Colts, which will help the Pats since Belichick is (in my opinion) the smartest/best coach in the NFL.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I dont even think its a stretch to pick the Pats. The Saints have a patch work CB core right now due to injurys and our awesome WR core will run up and down those guys. Saints will lose this game.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]If the Pats are going to take this game they got to play better D than they did yesterday in 2nd half (more like 3rd quarter) and the O -line must give Brady more time.  I don't like what I saw yesterday and all these weaknesses were evident against the Colts.  
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

The D only gave up that one long drive after the half.  They gave up one touchdown and scored a touchdown.  They only gave up 2 of 10 third down conversions and caused 5 turnovers.  The Jets only had about 225 total yards. 

I know this wasn't the Saints offense but I think you're being hard on them for giving up one drive resulting in a TD.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : The D only gave up that one long drive after the half.  They gave up one touchdown and scored a touchdown.  They only gave up 2 of 10 third down conversions and caused 5 turnovers.  The Jets only had about 225 total yards.  I know this wasn't the Saints offense but I think you're being hard on them for giving up one drive resulting in a TD.
    Posted by bostatewarrior[/QUOTE]

It's not so much that TD they gave up ,  it's the way they can't get any momentum their way and seems too easy to march up field against them.  If it were a better team than the Jets today we might be singing a different tune. Not saying thePats don't win but there might be some concern here to think about.
    Maybe I'm worrying too much but can't seem to let go the game against the Colts.
    Can I only blame the bad calls ?
    None-the-less GO PATS ! 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BendanDaltrone. Show BendanDaltrone's posts

I guess I'll go first. I can recall reading posts a few years ago that said everything you are saying about the Saints being said about the Patriots. You have no clue how "legit" the Saints are. Our D is actually better than they are given credit for. If you watch the games where opponents scored more than 14 you'll see we gave up some turnover points hung on the Special Teams and the Offense on turnovers. Seems we fixed those issues. Most Saints fans don't disparrage their opponents, their opponents city, or their opponents fans (With the exception of the HATED Falcons). We're like giddy little jr high kids who just discovered boobs down here in The Big Easy. It's euphoric.

I won't get into  X's and O's about what's going to happen in this game because no one knows that. Not all the fantasy football nerds or Forum GMs can predict that accurately. That being said BOTH teams needs to bring their A game. The problem for the Patriots is THIS year the Saints' A game is better by far.

Who Dat!?!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : Whew, i'm sure the rest of us were worried you wouldn't approve..
    Posted by jasonh86[/QUOTE]

absolutely. I've been holding my breath.

i'm also going to go out on a limb here and take the colts over the next powderpuff, uh.. i mean..., uh... powerhouse opponent on their grueling schedule, the 5-5 texans.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from ColtsMan73. Show ColtsMan73's posts

In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : absolutely. I've been holding my breath. i'm also going to go out on a limb here and take the colts over the next powderpuff, uh.. i mean..., uh... powerhouse opponent on their grueling schedule, the 5-5 texans.
    Posted by unclealfie

Your right our schedule stinks, we played you losers. Saints are going to smoke you. Then you will be like the following, as always.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from gridlocked. Show gridlocked's posts

The Saints have a running game though and that may be the difference if their D holds up against Brady and bunch.  

The other thing to worry about is the Pats now almost expected 2nd half swoon which lost what should have been an easy victory against the Colts. I'm not sure if the 2nd half problems are conditioning related or coaching related with poor adjustments but there is an issue there somewhere. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm picking the Pats over the Saints : It's not so much that TD they gave up ,  it's the way they can't get any momentum their way and seems too easy to march up field against them.  If it were a better team than the Jets today we might be singing a different tune. Not saying thePats don't win but there might be some concern here to think about. Maybe I'm worrying too much but can't seem to let go the game against the Colts. Can I only blame the bad calls ? None-the-less GO PATS ! 
    Posted by BsLegion[/QUOTE]

That's fair.  I think I was reading more negativity into your post than you were actually expressing. My mistake.

I'd say I'm feeling something between cautiously optomistic and confident but concerned. :) 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ArchieFan. Show ArchieFan's posts

Re: I'm picking the Saints over the Pats

So the D is middle of the road huh? Thats a good one. First off I wonder in all honesty just how many games you have watched on D. Oh on ESPN highlights? Thats rich. The Saints are better then you and most people up there probably don't get our games and we have only been on Monday night once this year.
    Just don't expect to be 8-3.
    Who Dat?
    ArchieFan
    Go Saints!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrooklineRob. Show BrooklineRob's posts

Re: I'm picking the Saints over the Pats

In Response to Re: I'm picking the Saints over the Pats:
    [QUOTE]So the D is middle of the road huh? Thats a good one. First off I wonder in all honesty just how many games you have watched on D. Oh on ESPN highlights? Thats rich. The Saints are better then you and most people up there probably don't get our games and we have only been on Monday night once this year. Just don't expect to be 8-3. Who Dat? ArchieFan Go Saints!
    Posted by ArchieFan[/QUOTE]

My friend Archie, you are 16th in total passing yards allowed per game, 19th in total rushing yards allowed per game,  and 17th overall in total yards per game.  Plus you give up almost 21 pts a game, which is also middle of the pack.   If that is not the definition of "middle of the road", I don't know what is.  The Pats rank higher in every defensive category, most importantly in YPG and PPG, they are near the top.  

So can you guys score?  Who said you couldn't?  Lots of weapons for sure.  But the Pats will get their points too, and will give you a run for your money on D.  So yes, I'm afraid the Saints are clearly middle of the road on defense no matter how you break it down.    

Sections
Shortcuts