I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaytf25. Show jaytf25's posts

I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.

I know we haven't won anything yet but I have been pleasantly surpised that they are 13-2 at this point. I had them at between 9-7 and 11-5 if they got a few upset wins. I based it on the past two years and the fact that we had gone 11-5 with Cassell and 10-6 with Brady last year then got trounced by the Raven in the playoffs. I thought we really didn't improve much and it wold be rebuilding. If we went 10-6 again I would have been happy. Before the first Jets game I predicted an upset victory. I was wrong but then I picked them to lose to the Ravens and Steelers and the Vikings really scared me. Oh well. Rest everyone in the 2nd half next week, win or lose. GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.

My screen name says it all.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.

I'm not bragging (well, actually I am) but after I saw the tight ends and McCourty play in preseason I had them at  14-2 and no worse than 12-4.  Then after Bodden went out and we lost to the jests, I almost came on and lowered it.  Still, I didn't see the kind of domination we have had in the last batch of games.  Fitzpatrick ate our defense up in the first game, now we kind of ate him up right back.  Only the Packers really did us bad lately.  Today was alot of sub guys on Defense, loved seeing them hold the Bills, and love that we got that much experience in the win.  Love to head into the Playoffs with homefield, an extra week to heal, and able to coast against Miami if needed.  All around, NICE.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

We had lots of irrationals here.   Many whom have not confessed. We'll take confessions here and now.

Why on earth you'd bet against BB and Brady, I have no idea.  Greatest ever.

When Bodden went down, I adusted to an 11-5 record (from 12-4), but I also felt if things broke right, they could do something like this.

Let's just hope the health is there the rest of the way.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

I believe I had them at 11-5....Was concerned about the injuries.....I was concerned about the secondary.....I had no clue what would happen with our TE's!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

i had them at 13-3, 14-2 would be better

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

What they've done is remarkable.  Without their top receiver from last year (Moss), top DE (Warren), Top CB (Bodden), and top TE (Watson), they have improved... mostly on the play of rookies and 2nd year players. 

BB should be in the conversation for Coach of the year.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

In Response to Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.:
    [QUOTE]We had lots of irrationals here.   Many whom have not confessed. We'll take confessions here and now. Why on earth you'd bet against BB and Brady, I have no idea.  Greatest ever. When Bodden went down, I adusted to an 11-5 record (from 12-4), but I also felt if things broke right, they could do something like this. Let's just hope the health is there the rest of the way.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I am with you Rusty - while I never doubted BB and Brady overall, I had them at 11-5 this year based on their schedule - their schedule turned out to be every bit as tough as it looked and they are still likely to be 14-2 - just a remarkable performance -

If there was any objectivity in the press at all BB would be the overwhelming pick for coach of the year

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

BB = Slam Dunk Coach of the Year
    Brady - Slam Dunk MVP
    Welker = Slam Dunk Comeback Player

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I was also wrong.  I called 16-0

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

New England Patriots realpatriots Patriots clinch #1 seed for just the 3rd time in franchise history & 3rd time in 7 years (2003 and 2007).

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Confess now, boys. 

The tread will be re-opened and you doubters will be EMBARRASSED!!! How dare you doubt BB and Brady. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

I'm actually more impressed with my prediction of Kansas City as AFC West winners.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.:
    [QUOTE]12-4 never go against BB, and I know TB wants the spotlight again. But, this was a very tough schedule, and boy are they playing good football. Im going on record that the Packers game made this team to never take anyone for granted. Browns game to early in the season.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]

Yup. Good points. Cleveland was the slap they needed and last week was another good slap, but they won.

Whatever it takes to get them into a lockdown mode, is what I was looking for.

I think we may have it.

Nice job by the run D in this game to snap out of it and really do well completely shorthanded with quality bodies up front.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bradleyBliss. Show bradleyBliss's posts

I had them at 13-3. Posted it the day before the first game. Only thing I worry about is BB playing too many starters next week, especially TB. I would like to see Hoyer for three quarters, but I know he will only get 1 & 1/2 quarters.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from robertebishop. Show robertebishop's posts

In Response to I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it.:
    [QUOTE]I know we haven't won anything yet but I have been pleasantly surpised that they are 13-2 at this point. I had them at between 9-7 and 11-5 if they got a few upset wins. I based it on the past two years and the fact that we had gone 11-5 with Cassell and 10-6 with Brady last year then got trounced by the Raven in the playoffs. I thought we really didn't improve much and it wold be rebuilding. If we went 10-6 again I would have been happy. Before the first Jets game I predicted an upset victory. I was wrong but then I picked them to lose to the Ravens and Steelers and the Vikings really scared me. Oh well. Rest everyone in the 2nd half next week, win or lose. GO PATS!
    Posted by jaytf25[/QUOTE]

Look on the bright side, if we win the super bowl, you still have all off season to complain that we didn't trade and over pay for some high profile past his prime vet or why we didn't draft the biggest name in the draft 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

[QUOTE]BB = Slam Dunk Coach of the Year Brady - Slam Dunk MVP Welker = Slam Dunk Comeback Player

BBReigns:  I'm inclined to agree with you on Brady being MVP, but I think cases could be made (and will be) that a coach of an "overachiever" team will win COY and I think Vick is the slam dunk Comeback POY.  As much as I love Wes, I can't imagine the national press corps (I think they're the ones that choose) not picking Vick for comeback POY and to be honest - if he lights it up the rest of the year, it wouldn't surprise me (it would be disappointing though) that he win the MVP.  For Coach of the Year, BB won't even come close, but other than the 11-5 Cassell year, I think this has been his best individual coaching performance (yes, even over the 18-1 year), as he basically rebuilt the entire D on the fly.  But alas, I think Atlanta's coach, or Tampa Bay (nobody had them doing anything at year's beginning), or more likely Andy Reed besting BB - BB's already won it, his coaching excellence is expected, and quite frankly I think there's still enough envy out there to preclude him winning.  Either way, I'm positive all three would rather hoise a Lombardi Trophy - and as a fan, so would I.  GO PATS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not bragging (well, actually I am) but after I saw the tight ends and McCourty play in preseason I had them at  14-2 and no worse than 12-4.  Then after Bodden went out and we lost to the jests, I almost came on and lowered it.  Still, I didn't see the kind of domination we have had in the last batch of games.  Fitzpatrick ate our defense up in the first game, now we kind of ate him up right back.  Only the Packers really did us bad lately.  Today was alot of sub guys on Defense, loved seeing them hold the Bills, and love that we got that much experience in the win.  Love to head into the Playoffs with homefield, an extra week to heal, and able to coast against Miami if needed.  All around, NICE.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

I had my doubts, but I figured they had 6 wins in the bag right from the get-go:
    2 wins against Buffalo
    at least one win against Miami
    the Lions
    at least one win against the Jets
    Cleveland, which I was wrong about, but which lit a serious firecracker up their collective behinds

I also figured the following games were very winnable:
    Chicago, who I thought would stink even though they're competing for the #2 seed in the NFC (Jake from 2.5 Men threw 29 interceptions last year)
    the Bengals, who won the AFC North last year but signed T.O. on top of Ochocinco and still have Marvin Lewis as their coach
    Minnesota, who looked pretty stacked, but had a feeble old QB and Brad Childress as their head coach

The games that would make a difference between playoff team and contender would be:
    Indianapolis at home
    Pittsburgh
    the Jets

While I didn't envision this, people who thought the Pats would miss the playoffs were nuts.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it. : BBReigns:  I'm inclined to agree with you on Brady being MVP, but I think cases could be made (and will be) that a coach of an "overachiever" team will win COY and I think Vick is the slam dunk Comeback POY.  As much as I love Wes, I can't imagine the national press corps (I think they're the ones that choose) not picking Vick for comeback POY and to be honest - if he lights it up the rest of the year, it wouldn't surprise me (it would be disappointing though) that he win the MVP.  For Coach of the Year, BB won't even come close, but other than the 11-5 Cassell year, I think this has been his best individual coaching performance (yes, even over the 18-1 year), as he basically rebuilt the entire D on the fly.  But alas, I think Atlanta's coach, or Tampa Bay (nobody had them doing anything at year's beginning), or more likely Andy Reed besting BB - BB's already won it, his coaching excellence is expected, and quite frankly I think there's still enough envy out there to preclude him winning.  Either way, I'm positive all three would rather hoise a Lombardi Trophy - and as a fan, so would I.  GO PATS!
    Posted by gr82bme[/QUOTE]

EJ HEnderson broke his leg last December, and worse Welker blew out his leg in January of last year.

Being a homer, of course I think Welker going over 90 catches after blowing out his leg gives him the lead position for that award.

MIke Vick is not coming back from an injury.  This is what bothers me about the media trying to push a story more for what it really is.

Vick played last year without an injurt to return from this year.

It's Welker or Henderson as to who shoulde get it. What Welker has done with that injury is nothing short of incredible.

I don't disagree with your comments on the anti-Patriot agenda machine that has been entrenched now for so long. I completely agree some media rejects will pretend some other coach did a better job than BB this year and Mike Vick is the MVP and Comeback Player of the year.

Personally, I think it's time for some media rejects to drop the bias and start to realize we are witnessing history with Belichick and Brady.

I am not sure they'd ever lose in the pre cap era.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

We ain't seen nothin yet

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it. : EJ HEnderson broke his leg last December, and worse Welker blew out his leg in January of last year. Being a homer, of course I think Welker going over 90 catches after blowing out his leg gives him the lead position for that award. MIke Vick is not coming back from an injury.  This is what bothers me about the media trying to push a story more for what it really is. Vick played last year without an injurt to return from this year. It's Welker or Henderson as to who shoulde get it. What Welker has done with that injury is nothing short of incredible. I don't disagree with your comments on the anti-Patriot agenda machine that has been entrenched now for so long. I completely agree some media rejects will pretend some other coach did a better job than BB this year and Mike Vick is the MVP and Comeback Player of the year. Personally, I think it's time for some media rejects to drop the bias and start to realize we are witnessing history with Belichick and Brady. I am not sure they'd ever lose in the pre cap era.

While I respect Welker's work, E.J. Henderson's injury was GRUESOME

An ACL, while quite sh*++y, is a common injury that they know how to repair quite well.  Henderson had his thigh bone replaced because the one he had that was (like all humans) stronger than concrete got snapped in half.

Therefore, anything Henderson does should at least earn him a share of Comeback Player of the Year

And you're right about Vick - he didn't come back from anything.  This won't stop fellow players from voting for him, though.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'm ready to eat crow about this team. I was wrong and I'm very Happy about it. : Look on the bright side, if we win the super bowl, you still have all off season to complain that we didn't trade and over pay for some high profile past his prime vet or why we didn't draft the biggest name in the draft 
    Posted by robertebishop[/QUOTE]

Well said, robert.

Can't stand these bandwagon pansies who wet their pants early on, and then crawl back to gloriously exult, "I'm so glad I was wrong!" These same fools would have been crowning themselves Nostradamus had the Pats finished 8-8,  and then would have skewered BB for the moron they just "knew" he was.

They should be banned from watching our blood-and-guts #1 seed until next season, and in the interim, be sentenced to watching the Chargers, or one of the other glamorous picks the "experts" at ESPN assured them would win the AFC.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

Well, put me in the group of underestimating - I had them at 10-6, 11-5 at best.  But, this is a funny game.  Say we lose to Miami next week because we're resting our starters.  So we'd be 13-3.  If you'd have told me at the beginning of the year, that we'd be 13-3, I'd have laughed.  Then, if you'd have told me that we split against the Jets and the Fins - I'd have seen that logic.  But if you then told me our other loss would be against the Browns, I'd have recommended professional counseling.  Just goes to show ya', ya' never know.  And, in 49 years I've been wrong bunches of times - but in this case, I'm glad I was wrong.  Again, I think this is BB's second best coaching job (the 11-5 Cassell year was pure brillance), surpassing his 18-1 season.  Building a D on the fly, and beating the teams we did, especially on the road?  Never saw that comming.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I had them at 10 and 6....out in the first round or perhaps second playoff game and I was basing that only on the fact that they have the best coach and QB perhaps of all time. I didn't think the secondary was going to be very good or linebackers or defensive line really. I thought the offense was going to be loaded with the tight ends and receivers. The running backs scared me and I thought the team overall didn't improve enough in the off season, but I also thought the free agent class was as weak as it possibly could be and the draft had only one outside backer that was going to get after the QB (Graham). I was right about the offense:) Wrong about the d line, linebackers and to some extent the secondary. I still think the D will catch up to them and derail a wonderful season, but hopefully not. 

Sections
Shortcuts