I'm so damn bored--I've become a Bruins fan!!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

Re: I'm so damn bored--I've become a Bruins fan!!

Meow! Watch out people, we have another cat fight on our hands!

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BassFishingII's comment:

Playoff hockey is just insanely entertaining and alwasy has been.   It's beyond annoying when uneducated NBA fans or fans who don't get the game say it's just about fighting and violence.

Umm, yes the speed and action with some violence is what makes it great, as well as the incredible skill from the players. The hand eye coordination it takes, strength, conditioning, etc.  Makes NBA players look like non-athletes.

The funny thing is that fights in the playoffs are rare at best. I am one who actually likes the hockey fights.....BUT....playoffs & no fights is still much more entertaining to watch. The play is much faster. The hits are harder. They let 90% of the scrums go unpenalized. Just awesome stuff. Hockey players are by far the toughest bastards in sports....

In baseball, they are out for weeks with "strained abs"....vs in hockey they'll take a puck to the face, take 10 stitches, and get their butts back on the ice. They are truly badass.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from saskpatsfan. Show saskpatsfan's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

Playoff hockey is just insanely entertaining and alwasy has been.   It's beyond annoying when uneducated NBA fans or fans who don't get the game say it's just about fighting and violence.

Umm, yes the speed and action with some violence is what makes it great, as well as the incredible skill from the players. The hand eye coordination it takes, strength, conditioning, etc.  Makes NBA players look like non-athletes.

The funny thing is that fights in the playoffs are rare at best. I am one who actually likes the hockey fights.....BUT....playoffs & no fights is still much more entertaining to watch. The play is much faster. The hits are harder. They let 90% of the scrums go unpenalized. Just awesome stuff. Hockey players are by far the toughest bastards in sports....

Ironically, in RD 1 this year, there were a ton of fights in almost every series. Very rare.  There was one last night with the Rangers and Bruins even if it was one of those "hi, let's fight so we can carry over some spark into the next game" type of fights.

Agree on their toughness. No doubt. Football and hockey, but I also think the grind of the NHL playoffs is tougher than the NFL.  If you win the Cup, you've really, really earned it.

When the Oilers lost to the Isles in the 1983 Finals (before reeling off like 4 Cups in 6 years), Gretzky walked past the Isles locker room and expected to see them partying and whatnot, but the Isles were so gassed, it was a subdued celebration.

The light bulb went off and he said, right then and there, he knew what it would take to win a Cup. Huge sacrifice. These guys make millions and they are still throwing their bodies in front of slapshots going 90 MPH.

I'm loving the love for hockey on here. Growing up in Canada I was always an Oiler fan because it was the closest city for me to go to NHL games. Having said that, I have always respected  the Bruins organization and their fans, and I was more then happy to see the B's knock off the Canucks in the Finals a couple years ago. I'm pretty sure everyone in Canada hates the Canucks except for people who live in Vancouver.

It is a shame more Americans do not get into hockey because it really is one of the best sports to play/watch.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Bruins-Penguins will be a good series

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to tanbass' comment:

I had always been an "occaisional" fan that would watch a few games here & there when it came to hockey. After watching the first playoff game back in 2011, I never missed another. The playoff action is seriously addicting. The last couple years, I rarely miss a B's game now. I still like football better, but absolutely LOVE hockey. The playoffs are just incredible action.

Baseball & Basketball are like watching paint dry. I loved going to the Garden back in the 80s (tickets were like $15) to see the classic Celts game with Bird, McHale, Parrish, Johnson, Ainge.....when basketball was fun. Now just a big foul fest with a bunch of over paid classless punks. (Thanks Lebron).

lebron is an "overpaid classless punk"? don't tell me: old and white right?

btw todays athletes are better and so is the game-matter of fact that goes for all sports really...the past is mostly myth and nostalgic bull

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Good time to be a Bruins fan,whether your bored or not. This team is on a roll right now and like most Stanley Cup Champions usually get hot at the right time and their goalie is the guy who carries the team. The Bruins could be that team this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to jri37's comment:

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to tanbass' comment:

I had always been an "occaisional" fan that would watch a few games here & there when it came to hockey. After watching the first playoff game back in 2011, I never missed another. The playoff action is seriously addicting. The last couple years, I rarely miss a B's game now. I still like football better, but absolutely LOVE hockey. The playoffs are just incredible action.

Baseball & Basketball are like watching paint dry. I loved going to the Garden back in the 80s (tickets were like $15) to see the classic Celts game with Bird, McHale, Parrish, Johnson, Ainge.....when basketball was fun. Now just a big foul fest with a bunch of over paid classless punks. (Thanks Lebron).

btw todays athletes are better and so is the game-matter of fact that goes for all sports really...the past is mostly myth and nostalgic bull

Board cop strikes again... we are going to need a theme song for Board Cop

► 3:09► 3:09 www.youtube.com/watch?v=f5TV4tmbjbE       did you say theme song?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

Bruins-Penguins will be a good series

Agreed. I want to see Iginla face when the B's take out Pit after he decided they weren't good enough for him after the trade was already finalized

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

What does this have to do with the color of my skin? Are you racist? Ask 100 people anywhere in the country about Lebron....and I bet 85% say the same thing.....classless.

If you really think that basketball is better now than back when Bird, Magic & Jordan were around, you are dumber than you already sound. Don't you ever get tired of being the message board douche? eat a d1ck already....

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

What does this have to do with the color of my skin? Are you racist? Ask 100 people anywhere in the country about Lebron....and I bet 85% say the same thing.....classless.

Off topic but I'm just curious, is the only reason you think he is classless because of the way he left Cleveland? Classless or not, he's already one of the greatest players to ever play the game and easily the most entertaining player to watch in the league.

I couldn't care less about his personality or the way he chooses to do things, he's a basketball player and his game is the only thing fans should judge him on. He's not going out and breaking the law or anything so I don't get why so many people hate on him.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Off topic but I'm just curious, is the only reason you think he is classless because of the way he left Cleveland? Classless or not, he's already one of the greatest players to ever play the game and easily the most entertaining player to watch in the league.

I couldn't care less about his personality or the way he chooses to do things, he's a basketball player and his game is the only thing fans should judge him on. He's not going out and breaking the law or anything so I don't get why so many people hate on him.

Lebron is an amazing player for sure.  I didn't really like how he left Cleveland, the whole tv show and all that.  It was silly and classless.  Thank goodness the money for that went to a good cause.  I'm sure he would handle it differently if he could go back and do it again.  Everyone makes mistakes.  He has always been good but he turned the corner to greatness when he stopped passing the ball and started to take the big shots, the clutch shots himself.  That was painful to watch him always passing the ball at crunch time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Not-A-Shot. Show Not-A-Shot's posts

Dear Bandwagon Bruins fans,

There is plenty of room for you!  We don't care if you've been a fan for 50 years or 50 minutes.  The B's are playing great.  Come enjoy the ride with us!

NAS

(Bruins board member and Rusty executioner over there)

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME2. Show NEGAME2's posts

In response to Not-A-Shot's comment:

There is plenty of room for you!  We don't care if you've been a fan for 50 years or 50 minutes.  The B's are playing great.  Come enjoy the ride with us!

NAS

must be tough to be a hockey fan, they don't get much love from the media. I ve been watching ESPN on and off this morning  and have't seen any coverage of the Bruins game.

It is fun but frustrating to watch, so many shots, so few points.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to NEGAME2's comment:

NAS

must be tough to be a hockey fan, they don't get much love from the media. I ve been watching ESPN on and off this morning  and have't seen any coverage of the Bruins game.

It is fun but frustrating to watch, so many shots, so few points.

Could be worse could be a soccer fan. So much space so much time passing the ball back and forth only to end in a 0-0 tie

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

NAS

Thank you!  I will be first to admit I don't know much about the sport but I am sure enjoying following the Bruins again this post season.  I Enjoyed the game last night, they are playing great and would love to see a sweep here.  Looks like they just might get it too!  Very exciting!

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

NAS

Thank you!  I will be first to admit I don't know much about the sport but I am sure enjoying following the Bruins again this post season.  I Enjoyed the game last night, they are playing great and would love to see a sweep here.  Looks like they just might get it too!  Very exciting!

You don't know much about football, let along hockey. Try learning from others for once instead of pretending a team sport is about 1 or 2 stars.

Oh brother, not another day of you!  Just like most days you were owned yesterday and last night.  Owned pretty badly I might add. Since you have short term memory loss take a look here...

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/super-bowl-50-to-be-held-in-san-fransisco-go-pats/100/6653162?page=2

It sure took you a long time to answer my question if you ever played organized football and dude, I seriously doubt you did.  I'm sure you finally got tired of me asking and posted another one of your lies because it shows in here you didn't. 

One thing about sales people, they think they can baffle people with BS, well pal, you aren't getting away with that on this forum any longer.  You have an agenda, you are a troll, you lie about most everything and you make up your own facts.  Think about it and take a look around.  You aren't liked here, nor are you wanted here so please wise up and get the hint.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

Never said he wasn't a great player. He's absolutely amazing, and by far one of the most dominant players in the NBA....no arguments here. Peyton Manning is a great player too, but he also acts like a complete a$$-hole at times.

It's just the arrogant way he interviews with the media. It's the whole Miami fiasco on TV saying how many championships they will win. The way he took his jersey off after playing his last game in Cleveland....just no respect from the guy at all. He acts like his sh!t doesn't stink....and as a sports fan, he comes across to me and millions of others as a classless punk. The ways he acts and the way he plays are two different things. I don't care how good he is, if he acts like a jerk.