I'm so sick of hearing..............

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from hagen910. Show hagen910's posts

Re: I'm so sick of hearing..............

In Response to Re: I'm so sick of hearing..............:
    Larry Fitzgeral, Andre Johnson, Roy Williams, and Reggie Wayne.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

roy williams had one good year and same with bowe.  thats a joke way to show your knowledge and the sporting news a rag mag I wouldn't even wipe my butt with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Re: I'm so sick of hearing.............. : I'm not sure what that would prove, you went from 6 or 7 sources having him between the 8th and 10th best to one having him at 7.  Again, I've done enough research to know that he was one of the top CB's available in this draft class and that was validated by him being selected 27 overall.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07

While I am not the student of the draft that mbbeaulieu is, everything I read had Haden as the best corner (though not by much) with the next four essentially equal - McCourtney, Robinson, Wilson, Jackson (the one from Alabama) then a larger gap to the next group.  McCourtney was as high as two, never less than five.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

In Response to I'm so sick of hearing..............:
    that the Pats had a good draft. They could of taken one of the top 2 WR's in the draft in the first round and still selected their TE, CB, and LB in the 2nd that they took. BB screwed up yet again by reaching on draft day because of his ego. Tom Brady isn't getting any younger and when Moss leaves next year that will make Welker Brady's #1 WR. Let's see how that will work out when he's double teamed after coming back from a serious injury.  BB blew it, plain and simple.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

I'm curious.  Are you saying we had a bad draft because we didn't go after a WR in the 1st round?  McCourty was not a reach by any stretch.  That was right where he was projected to go.  I don't understand the ego remark either.  What does ego have to do with drafting?  Just needing some clarification to what seems a very knee jerk reaction type of a post.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoBS14. Show NoBS14's posts

I totally disagree.  Nothing was blown.  We DID have a great draft.  Got a top 2-3 CB.  top 2 and possible 3 TE.  Landed our next OLB.  Landed a great ILB rated 2nd.  So we didnt get Dez, big deal.  Star WRs have not won us another SB.  I want the very good but not great guys, like Branch was.  Were TB can throw to who is open, not who's ego might get bruised. 
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon

I am not saying we had a bad draft. But, how do you know we had a "great draft"?  How do you know we have a top "2-3 CB" or "our next OLB"??

You haven't seen them play in the NFL yet, so why go overboard anyways this early? Again, I am not saying we had a bad draft but I am not ready to crown this  a "great" draft at the same time.

The upcoming season will speak for itself. Still wondering, if we have have legitmate pass rushers to get to Payton Manning and the rest.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Mordecai, which scouting site had McCourty as a top 3 CB? I looked at about 6 or 7 sources and he was ranked best at #8 CB to worse at #10.   
    Posted by KJBruinswin

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/22/nfl-draft-rankings-top-100/

This is the first and only one I looked at today and it has him as the #3 CB and K.Wilson at #2 which is very debatable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedsGhost. Show RedsGhost's posts

Hopefully, next year with our 1st round picks, WR and RB (with luck, a certain RB from Alabama) will be addressed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from KyleCleric2. Show KyleCleric2's posts

When I watched McCourty in college or when I look at his highlight reels and his complete skill set, I have no idea why anyone would rank him #5.  The guy is a playmaker, flat out, plain and simple.   I sort of felt Haden was overrated and only a man cover type. I like Kareem Jackson a lot with Wilson and McCourty as the next 2 best with differing skill sets.
    Posted by russgriswold

Just for a few sources of rankings that I'm sure we've all looked at:

CBS ranked him 4th (technically 3rd since they ranked Earl Thomas as a CB)
    NFL ranked him 4th
    draftcountdown ranked him 4th
    walterfootball ranked him 3rd
    NBC ranked him 3rd
    Scout ranked him 2nd
    nationalfootballpost ranked him 4th
    footballsfuture ranked him 3rd

Someone with espn insider could post McShay and Kiper's which i'm sure ranks McCourty 3rd or 4th.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Tough to tell how anyones draft is after 3 weeks. Personally I liked the last draft they had and this one. On paper, to me this looks like alot of things fell into place for them and they made some smart trades picking up additional picks. If Gronowkowski stays healthy he'll have the value of a first round pick. Although I'm not a Spikes fan, he probably will fit this system well. Hernandez was a steal and Price should give us a verticle threat on the outside that we are lacking opposite Moss. Everything I've read about their first round pick says he loves football and is a physical player.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoahJustin. Show NoahJustin's posts

I went out and bought a couple of draft guides. Their mock drafts are always a joke. Do you remember when the draft guides said that Mayo was a second round draft pick? The Sporting News Draft guide had Sergio Kindle being picked 16 by the Tennessee. Bruce Campbell was rated the 3 best OT in the draft. He ended up being picked up in the fourth round, #106 by the raiders. I'll put more stock in reports by the Pat's scouting reports, then some magazine.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

In Response to Re: I'm so sick of hearing.............. : I am not saying we had a bad draft. But, how do you know we had a "great draft"?  How do you know we have a top "2-3 CB" or "our next OLB"?? You haven't seen them play in the NFL yet, so why go overboard anyways this early? Again, I am not saying we had a bad draft but I am not ready to crown this  a "great" draft at the same time. The upcoming season will speak for itself. Still wondering, if we have have legitmate pass rushers to get to Payton Manning and the rest.
    Posted by NoBS14

I am basing my opinion on a combination of how they ranked in their positions, team need, and projected draft ranking.  Could they all bust?  Sure.  Is that likely, not at all.  Do I expect a bust in the group, I do.  Do I think most will bust? Nope.  Love the picks and expect high returns over the next few years from them.
    I will agree that more pass rushers would have been nice, but I am not unhappy with what we got based on needs, and who else was drafted in which spot.  Loved Graham, but would not have moved up to beat the Iggles to him. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

that the Pats had a good draft. They could of taken one of the top 2 WR's in the draft in the first round and still selected their TE, CB, and LB in the 2nd that they took. BB screwed up yet again by reaching on draft day because of his ego. Tom Brady isn't getting any younger and when Moss leaves next year that will make Welker Brady's #1 WR. Let's see how that will work out when he's double teamed after coming back from a serious injury.  BB blew it, plain and simple.
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Yeah Bill blew it, he should have taken Chad Jackson wide receiver from Florida with his first draft pick..!  Oh wait... 

You just blew it with this post; wide receivers are a dime a dozen and frankly we didn't need one that bad.  Could Dez Bryant take Johnathan Whilhites spot on defense because that would really help..?

By the way Wes Welker wasn't drafted at all, neither was 3x pro bowl receiver Rod Smith, neither was 5x pro bowl tight end Antonio Gates, neither was pro bowl receiver Miles Austin, Chad Johnson was a second round pick, Hines Ward was a third round pick... shall I go on?  There is no position more overrated than receiver.

In my research for this post I found ONE safety in the 70's that made the Pro Bowl after going undrafted, zero cornerbacks have accomplished this feat.  There is a reason for that, corners also have some of the highest paid contracts in the NFL after quarterbacks, there's a reason for that also...  they work out on an island in what might be the toughest position to play in pro football.

Moreover, don't dare question BB unless you can pass the sniff test here first.  Game, set, match.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

Did you understand the post or are you still WOZZY from last call at the bar? I think we could of picked McCourty in the 2nd round. Plain and simple, and lay off the moonshine before posting. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Did you understand the post or are you still WOZZY from last call at the bar? I think we could of picked McCourty in the 2nd round. Plain and simple, and lay off the moonshine before posting. 
    Posted by KJBruinswin

Your prognosticating skills are amazing; can you tell me who is going to win the Kentucky Derby and NBA and NHL finals so I can really cash in..? 

McCourty was graded as one of the best corners in the draft, who are you kidding with these theoretical draft simulations?  I have a prediction... McCourty will go down as the best corner taken in the 2010 draft and people calling him a reach will look silly.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

No they could not have. Three other CBs went right after that and before they drafted Gronkowski.  Reports are the Jets were going to take McCourty.  Their draft was geared at getting more physical with more football leadership.  They are trying to get back to 6-9 years ago.  If it was anyone else it would have been Tackle Dan Williams who was taken by the Cardinals.

They passed on Bryant 3X obviously they didn't like him.  Let him stay in Dallas with his fellow bird brained QB and owner.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

WOZZY, Here you go so you can cash in
    NBA Finals, Lakers
    NHL Finals, Bruins
    Kentucky Derby, a Horse
    Your welcome for the cash, enjoy it! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1021us. Show m1021us's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

The Pats had one of the best drafts out of all the teams.....Sorry, but the Pats got what they needed....

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

I went out and bought a couple of draft guides. Their mock drafts are always a joke. Do you remember when the draft guides said that Mayo was a second round draft pick? The Sporting News Draft guide had Sergio Kindle being picked 16 by the Tennessee. Bruce Campbell was rated the 3 best OT in the draft. He ended up being picked up in the fourth round, #106 by the raiders. I'll put more stock in reports by the Pat's scouting reports, then some magazine.
    Posted by NoahJustin

The thing about magazines are that they are dated.  By the time the articles are written, put to press and then distributed a lot of time has past.  Magazines are fixed in the time that they were written while the interenet gives you up to date information.  I wouldn't go to any magazine for rankings.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

If all the gurus writing all the articles were all that good at evaluating talent they'd be general managers.  That said, drafts are truly impossible to evaluate until the players drafted actually play.  Regardless of that, the assertion that BB 'blew it' in drafting McCourtney is a total absurdity if that is based on his projected value as opposed to Bryant's projected value.  No one can possibly know.

BB knows what he's doing.  I have no idea what expertise the originial poster brings to the table but I suspect it is somewhat less than BB's. 

My 2 cents.  May be devalued if the Greek's don't get their act togther.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Posted by KJBruinswin

Do you seriously believe that you know the draft and the Pats' needs better than BB and his entire staff, who've been studying these players 16 hours a day since January?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from KJBruinswin. Show KJBruinswin's posts

BB's last 5 years of drafting. 45 players chosen, 1 Pro bowler, 7 starters, and 22either out of the league or riding the bench for other teams. Those are the recent stats. Could it have anything to do with the loss of some of BB's inner circle? I don't know what their input was on who to draft but I'm sure they probably gave BB some input in times past before taking their current coaching jobs. I would love it if the Pats would film their War room and then release it after the draft. Just to see who said what and liked which players. Or at the very least post their board of who they ranked where on their lists.     

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from paddypatriot83. Show paddypatriot83's posts

.........people commenting on the draft.

There is no way that anyone can foresee the success or failure of the draft as of yet, especially as not one of these players has yet played one snap in the NFL. This debate is ridiculous until we have seen these guys on the field.....both those selected and those we have missed out on.

At the end of our first year with these players, then let's have a conversation.....at the end of three years the real truth and at least some substantiation of 'success' or 'failure' will have been provided.......

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

The only "bad" year B has had drafting is 2006. That's because they missed on jackson. I hope you aren't including 2010 with your 'stats'. You've missed several pro bowlers.   

Now if you want to skew it by the plethora of 6 and 7 rounders no longer around that's pretty BS.

2005 Mankins 2 x pro bowl 1 X - all pro, Hobbs, Kazur Sanders, Cassell - all
    starting

2006 - Maroney, Gostkowsi all pro, pro bowler

2007 - Merriweather pro bowler most of the rest was lower rd picks b/c of trades for Moss and Welker

2008 - Mayo sure fire future pro bowler, Wilhite is a regular in the nickel package.  Not sure on Crable who's been on IR, Slater and Wheatley but they are on the bubble for sure. Also UDFA LB - Guyton a starter

2009 - Too early but all of Vollmer, Edelman, Chung, Butler played ley roles and figure to play larger roles.  Pryor, McKenzie, Brace and Tate also figure to add to the 2010 team.  Also UDFA QB - Hoyer

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Amosis. Show Amosis's posts

In Response to I'm so sick of hearing.............. : Yes, afterall 1st rd pick WRs are always great returns and slam dunk picks because it's to easy to adjust to the pros from college level play at WR. lol You can always tell who is 16 and younger on these boards.
    Posted by russgriswold

Age is not a guarantee of wisdom. Don't be an ageist.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

KJ,
    Why are you regurgitating the stuff from the NY Times and calling it your own? You don't even know who is on the Pats and you call yourself a fan. Tsk, Tsk, Tsk.

Sections
Shortcuts