I'm sure Brady isn't happy!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I'm sure Brady isn't happy!

How tired is Tom getting from all this crap the Patriots have done and continue to do with good players, solid vets?  He isn't getting any younger, he won't be around when all this young talent pays off, if they ever do.  His time is now, not 4-5 years from now.

He's gotta be sick of this.  Just open the wallet and pay up.  But I'm sure the Patriots don't care what Tom thinks now as he is signed long term, they got him now.

I would bet that Tom has now had too much of the Kool Aid and is now getting sick.  Take away his biggest weapon, thanks, team!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy!

im hopping brady is on the phone with kraft right now asking him not to trade randy... i highly doubt thats the case but we can hope.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I don't suppose the fact that Moss' agent initiated the trade discussions has any bearing on your argument?

I will miss Moss too.  I do not believe this is the end of the world however.  I do believe we will see the Brady who always found the open guy return.  That version of Brady will return because it will have to.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy!:
    I don't suppose the fact that Moss' agent initiated the trade discussions has any bearing on your argument?
    Posted by carawaydj

I'm sure there would have been no need for his agent to discuss this had Kraft opened his wallet and paid Moss for a contract extension. 

Make no mistake about it, if this trade goes through, the Jets will finish on top because they opened up their wallet.  Get rid of Moss and there is no chance of catching them the next several years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

In Response to Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy! : I'm sure there would have been no need for his agent to discuss this had Kraft opened his wallet and paid Moss for a contract extension.  Make no mistake about it, if this trade goes through, the Jets will finish on top because they opened up their wallet.  Get rid of Moss and there is no chance of catching them the next several years.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

see my problem with the whole wanting an extension issue is that moss signed a contract to play for the pats till the end of the 2010 season. so yes maybe kaft could fix the issue by opening his wallet but randy didnt have to sign the contract he did.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I know what you are saying Soxpatsfan08, but that argument went down the drain when the Patriots signed Brady to an extension.  Jet's ultimatly did it for Revis too.  Point is, you do what you have to in order to keep the players that are important to the team.  Moss is important to this team!  Well at least he was and this will be proven the remainder of the season.

Just goes to show that the Owner and Coach ego here at Patriot land is now too big for the good of the team.

This day and age, players make the system, the system doesn't make the players anymore.  Don't believe me, just wait and see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

yeah i agree with you that is just the way it is, but that doesnt keep it from being frustrating. i just find it pretty annoying with athletes  signing deals and then deciding that they arent gonna honor that deal anymore because they want something better, and the same goes with the owners cutting players they dont want to pay.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

also the brady contract and the moss contract arent the same. brady is younger and seems to still be on the top of his game. moss is getting older and my be slipping so giving an extention to brady makes more sense. assuming he doesnt get traded if moss comes out and has an amazing year the pats would be justified in giving him some more years.

another thing with the brady situation if brady still hadnt recieved his extention he would not be sitting out nor would he be asking for a trade

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Points well taken, Soxpatsfan08.  However, look at it from Randy's side of this.  Last year of contract, no talk of resigning him, he is older with not many playing years left, next year potential strike, and very big possibility not a member of any team.  We all look out for our future, family to support, can't blame him for doing the same.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy! : I'm sure there would have been no need for his agent to discuss this had Kraft opened his wallet and paid Moss for a contract extension.  Make no mistake about it, if this trade goes through, the Jets will finish on top because they opened up their wallet.  Get rid of Moss and there is no chance of catching them the next several years.
    Posted by BradyMossFan

I fail to see how you can say this.  The Jets opened up their wallet for what appears to be a "win now" strategy.  They're not loaded with a bunch of young players who are going to be around in a few years.  We have a lot of promising young talent on our team and some more high picks next year.  The Jets put in place a plan to win it all this year.  The Pats are putting in place a plan to be serious contenders over the next several years.  I guess I'm one of only a few who look at all of the young players we have and thinks there is something special ahead for us.  Our last two drafts have been great.  If we do the same next year it will be absolutely amazing how much talent got infused into the roster over a 3 year period.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy! : I fail to see how you can say this.  The Jets opened up their wallet for what appears to be a "win now" strategy.  They're not loaded with a bunch of young players who are going to be around in a few years.  We have a lot of promising young talent on our team and some more high picks next year.  The Jets put in place a plan to win it all this year.  The Pats are putting in place a plan to be serious contenders over the next several years.  I guess I'm one of only a few who look at all of the young players we have and thinks there is something special ahead for us.  Our last two drafts have been great.  If we do the same next year it will be absolutely amazing how much talent got infused into the roster over a 3 year period.
    Posted by carawaydj

The thing is we have young talent now, we also have some older talent.  We can be good now while developing the younger talent.  Now with Moss gone, we just have to hope the developing younger talent to be good later thing works out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Obviously, it was decided that what we WERE doing didn't work.  So now we are doing something different.  I'm all for it.  Randy does take up double teams, but does not beat them often.  Obviously some DBs are getting the better of him.  I'm guessing they go after someone big who will just knock Revis and the like on his keister.  I sure would.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

Brady's a big boy.  I'm sure he knew it was in the works.

Tate is the deep threat now.  He's done a good job as the off WR.  He certainly has the speed. They might sign a vet to be the new off WR or we lots of Welker with Edelman and/or Hernandez.

Thus doesn't help this team but at least it's in an area of depth. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MarcW1. Show MarcW1's posts

Tom has a wife who makes $20+ million a year.  He already has 3 rings.  He has 2 kids from 2 women and is building a compound in California.  I hope he still has a huge passion for this game, or he could retire in a heartbeat and have no regrets.   

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

I bet Brady is livid and Welker might be 2 , but thats life here and New England. No one is safe there. Honestly, good riddance. I have never like Randy Moss and was never a fan. I'm still upset that i got his autograph at training camp. His attitude for me took away all the joy i got when he made big plays for us. I will admit that he is a great player and makes great plays, but when he wants to. But really should we be surprised that this happened? Look at all the other guys that have bad mouthed the team and have said degrading things about the team or coach belichick. They are all gone. I'm really not surprised at all. I knew it was a matter of time when he spoke out after week one and took the win away from Wes. And the body language between him and belichick on the sideline when he was congratulating all the players on monday was weird. He is not a team player. It seems that he doesn't understand that just him being on the field helped the team. He allowed Welker to have all those catches. He's allowed our rookie tight ends to be as good as they were. But if he doesn't care then i don't care. The only problem i have now is we don't know who is going to replace him? Every team needs a good deep man. Thats why i hope that the patriots weren't stupid and traded him for a draft pick. We better have gotten some one out of the deal. and what about wes? This is a huge slap in the face for him. He's said it him self, he's not 100 % yet and now he has no choice but to step up his game. It's really not fair to him. I'm not worried about him helping the vikings out, they are a lost cause. What i'm worried about is how Brady and his offense will act in the locker room. This might make people mad. Here's a side note that i found pretty funny. All of the big offensive changes that have happened to this team have all taken place when Brady isn't around. So yeah, he is probably pi##ed. So to sum it all up, BYE RANDY AND GOOD RIDDANCE!!!!! Enjoy all the drama in Minnesota. We will move on w/o you.

What do you guys think will be their record now?:
    10 - 5 maybe 11 - 4

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from breezer827. Show breezer827's posts

Tom has a wife who makes $20+ million a year.  He already has 3 rings.  He has 2 kids from 2 women and is building a compound in California.  I hope he still has a huge passion for this game, or he could retire in a heartbeat and have no regrets.   
    Posted by MarcW1

Um, What does this have to do with anything?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Moss asked for a trade after week 1, mouthed off to the media on multipe occassions, and finally confronted BB after a game. If Brady should be mad at anyone it should be Moss. I'm sure he's talked to both BB, Kraft, and Moss and I'm sure he realizes this might be the best for all.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from patrick69. Show patrick69's posts

In Response to Re: I'm sure Brady isn't happy! : I fail to see how you can say this.  The Jets opened up their wallet for what appears to be a "win now" strategy.  They're not loaded with a bunch of young players who are going to be around in a few years.  We have a lot of promising young talent on our team and some more high picks next year.  The Jets put in place a plan to win it all this year.  The Pats are putting in place a plan to be serious contenders over the next several years.  I guess I'm one of only a few who look at all of the young players we have and thinks there is something special ahead for us.  Our last two drafts have been great.  If we do the same next year it will be absolutely amazing how much talent got infused into the roster over a 3 year period.
    Posted by carawaydj

You know what, I want a Superbowl trophy, not several years of playoffs and then home watching the Superbowl.  It's crazy to keep working towards just being OK.  Lets just keep overlooking the fact that Brady has a short time left.  Lets keep being draft pick hoarders.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

Frankly I got tired of watching Brady kissing Randys a** on the sidelines, and throwing the ball to him just to keep him in a good mood and happy. Have you noticed Brady standing by himself on the sidelines He's pi**ed, but not becaused Moss is being traded.  and Belichick and Brady have slobbered all over  Randy Moss in the media. Belichick was asked on WEEI how Randy felt about not getting many passes in the Miami game . Really?? Enough Let him go so Brady can concentrate on the guys who want to be there.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from LuvsThosePats. Show LuvsThosePats's posts

I really hate this news, and this team without Moss isn't going to be nearly as good as it is with him.  Does anyone think that this is being done with the idea of immediately acquiring another deep threat to take Moss's place, say someone like Ochocinco?  I don't know who that person would be, but I can't see how this move makes sense otherwise. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Indylove. Show Indylove's posts

Safeties and corners can play tighter, that's for sure.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from qball369. Show qball369's posts

I don't suppose the fact that Moss' agent initiated the trade discussions has any bearing on your argument? I will miss Moss too.  I do not believe this is the end of the world however.  I do believe we will see the Brady who always found the open guy return.  That version of Brady will return because it will have to.
    Posted by carawaydj

I've read a lot of posts on this topic and yours is the first I've come across that makes the point I've been thinking since I first saw the Moss trade topic on ESPN last night - it has been clear to me for a while now that Brady has on many occasions sacrificed his former biggest strength - that being his favorite receiver being the open guy - in favor of forcing it to Moss to the detriment of the team - I am not blaming anyone for that - heck it may be Brady's fault more than Moss - but the fact remains

Now - with Moss gone - there is no perceived # 1 receiver - instead you have many good receivers options - Welker, Hernandez, Tate, Edelman, Gronkowski, Woodhead - to get the ball to - I really like the idea of the Pats getting back to using the passing game as a ball control tactic - While their defense may very well get better as the season goes on I think we can agree that their defense will never be great this season - so long, methodical, clock killing drives would really help the team

BTW - I am not a kool aid drinker -

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaveNorthShore. Show DaveNorthShore's posts

I can't believe that Brady wasn't clued into this and gave his input.  Brady has shown that he is for winning the title, not stats.  Perhaps he knows that there is a follow up move (get another good receiver, get a better RB, bolster the defense) that will improve the team's chances even with RM gone

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from m1024us. Show m1024us's posts

I bet Brady is much more comfortable now that he is gone....Locker room cancers bring the whole team down....

Sections
Shortcuts