I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick

Sorry, my dry humor is at it once again.  Is our offense looking so bad this year that BB should even be temped to look at Vick?  We could very well have an offense that comes close to 2007; at least on paper.  Is the wildcat so important to our offensive success that the Pats would consider Vick?  I think the Pats have all the tools they need on offense.  Maybe if Vick was a dominant OLB the Pats would be interested.

I hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me in the next few weeks...

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Re: I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick

In Response to I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, my dry humor is at it once again.  Is our offense looking so bad this year that BB should even be temped to look at Vick?  We could very well have an offense that comes close to 2007; at least on paper.  Is the wildcat so important to our offensive success that the Pats would consider Vick?  I think the Pats have all the tools they need on offense.  Maybe if Vick was a dominant OLB the Pats would be interested. I hope this post doesn't come back to haunt me in the next few weeks...
    Posted by carawaydj[/QUOTE]

Nobody's talking? There's about 10 discussions going on in this forum right now about vick. As far as I'm concerned, that's 10 too many.
    Why does anyone care about this man? The Pats are about as likely to offer me a contract as they are vick, so who cares where or if he goes anywhere?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick : Nobody's talking? There's about 10 discussions going on in this forum right now about vick.
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

That's my dry humor again.  I need to work on it some more.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from raptor64d. Show raptor64d's posts

I have to admit I clicked on this topic to see what in the world you were talking about :)  I hope nobody picks this dude up! I did see on NFL network some talk that only strong teams with loyal fans could sign him and they mentioned the Steelers and Pats as a few examples.

Go Pats!!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mojobag101. Show mojobag101's posts

Just from a pure football stand point,I actually wouldnt mind seeing the Pats sign Vick.I'm long past the point of worrying about who plays for the teams I root for as long as they are productive on the field.If we use that logic on everything we did.There wouldnt be a movie or product that we would be able to use if we went on a fact finding mission regarding everyone associated with said product,movie etc...Vick bankrolled the dogfighting and paid a pretty heavy price (2 yrs in the slammer)and now its time to move on and let the man get on with his life.What's the saying "he without sin cast the 1st stone"The wildcat isnt the run and shoot and u can bet that 75 % of teams will run some variations of it throughout the season so why not get a guy who was made to run it!After enduring all the Pats and BB are cheaters ,I kind of like being the NFL's villians.sure beats the hell out of being the sorry  Patsies of the 80's.Nobody hates a loser.At the very least with Vick on the team,our opponents would have to dedicate a decent portion of their practices preparing for what BB might employ on Sunday using Vick and the wildcat.last I remember,pit bulls arent exactly sympathtic figures when they chew the hell out of innocent kids.While Im at it,legalize dogfighting', rooster(couldnt post the word c.o.c.k.) fighting and weed and make a real good reality series out of the mix!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I'm sure all the Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis and Afghanis this country has murdered are much happier that we killed them instead of letting them be miserable creatures obsessed with their personal safety.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]"War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself." I'm sure all the Koreans, Vietnamese, Iraqis and Afghanis this country has murdered are much happier that we killed them instead of letting them be miserable creatures obsessed with their personal safety.
    Posted by themightypatriots[/QUOTE]

Mighty, I know you are entitled to your opinion, but for your own good, never expose your identity and try walking through any military community.  You'd be kicked so hard your clothes would be out of style before you stopped rolling.  I don't think the troops really enjoy being called murderers.  Why do you even live in the USA?  If I felt the way you did about my country I would move to another country.  I assume you are probably a highly educated (PhD?) person.  You know, after so many years of school they say you start to learn things that don't even exist...  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to I'm Surprised Nobody is Talking about Vick : Nobody's talking? There's about 10 discussions going on in this forum right now about vick. As far as I'm concerned, that's 10 too many. Why does anyone care about this man? The Pats are about as likely to offer me a contract as they are vick, so who cares where or if he goes anywhere?
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

I don't know about that.  If that's you in your avatar you might be the OLB the Pats are looking for.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

When I saw the title of this thread, I wasn't sure if it would be about the fact that no team in the NFL will touch Vick with a ten-foot pole (and hence are not talking about him), or if caraway was that rare individual who can carry off sarcasm via the printed word.

Granted, pundits are talking about Vick, speculating upon where he might end up to fill air time, but those guys don't know anything. Teams like Pittsburgh and New England do not maintain their standard of excellence by making bonehead moves like signing marginal players who have a public relations nightmare in their carry-on bag. Has anybody seen or heard any reliable report of a team actually expressing interest in picking this guy up?

I certainly haven't, although I have seen a fairly extensive list of teams that have gone on record (and reitierated their stance) that they are NOT interested in Vick UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES.

Michael Vick will not play in the NFL this year.

Now Brett Favre, on the other hand . . .