Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS)

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsBermuda. Show PatsBermuda's posts

Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS)

I DONT CARE IF THEY USE THREE ROUNDS ON PASS RUSHERS...IM TIRED OF SEEING THE NO PRESSURE  DEFENSE AND IT BEING THE REASON OF TWO MISSING RINGS

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

Re: Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS)

True, they need to draft OLB and DE with the top picks. A 3 down, 5 technique DE. I wouldn't mind if they used 2 of the top 4 picks on OLB's who can rush. Then they can focus on OL and maybe a RB in the 3rd. Bring in a WR via free agency. With Bodden coming back and hopefully back to his top form the need for CB is a lower priority. Though I think we need some better depth at CB because Butler makes me nervous and in this era with pass friendly and 3 or 4WR sets its good to have 3 starting caliber CB's. Whether they do it with free agency or the draft, it should be addressed but not with the top 4 picks.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS)

Agreed. 

Top 5 Draft Needs:

DE (1A)
    OLB (1B)
    OL (2)
    RB (3)
    WR (4)

BB has spent 2 years building the core and adding good, solid complementary pieces on D. Now is the time to go for it and add high end impact at the weak spots.

Make that draft count with the 6 picks.

Seems pointless to trade out of this draft or trade back.

For the CB discussion, sign a FA for camp competition to push Arrington, Butler and Wilhite.  Also, draft one in the mid rds.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from provpats. Show provpats's posts

I might even go with two OL knowing that Light and Koppne are nearing the end as well as the uncertainty with Mankins.  Why have a $20M a year toy if you abuse it?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

T and G/C should be early targets, no doubt.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Homecheese. Show Homecheese's posts

In Response to Re: Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS):
    [QUOTE]I'd bet my house the first three picks are made up of DE, OLB, and OL positions only.
    Posted by Sam-Adams[/QUOTE]

What is the square footage? Not that I disagree but just wondering if it'd be a bet I'd be willing to take.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I'd bet my house that BB will pick something we never saw coming. Always happens.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I bet my house that Kiper won't get a single Pats pick right and turn red right after. That's why in my mock's I leave out any players Kiper has them picking 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Agreed on the 33rd pick. That'll be gold due to the position (obviously) and the fact it's always considered 1st rd talent in 2nd tier pricing. 

I am wondering if BB can use that and 28 to get up to the top 10 for someone they really covet?

Kiper not having nary a clue on whom the Pats will pick is like guaranteeing Rex Ryan will be yapping all offseason long. A gimme.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

DE (1A)
    OL (1B)
    OLB (2)
    RB (2B)
    S/OL (3)
    DB/OLB (3B)
    WR (4)

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

I had this same debate with my friend last night while doing a little smoking in my brand spanking new car

I got my delivery of "motivation" today. But after stimulating my brain I'd say I agree with you. Everyone is big on OL, and that's fine. But they need depth on the other side. And a top prospect DE/OLB. The main problem with the secondary is they give up big plays when there's all day for the QB to throw. All their INTs came (well, most of them anyway) when the QB was pressured. Close that window...especially on 3rd and long, and this secondary will be top 5, at least top 10 next season. But I won't try to guess what BB will do. Nobody ever has, so I'll just wish! It will also be interesting if the draft comes before FA. That could make a lot of GMs change their drafting strategy..

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking11. Show harleyroadking11's posts

KILLAS NEW CAR

Picture 1

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

It's hard to say if BB will give up #33 until a CBA is in place. If there is a rookie salary cap and contract limits, along with the way it is structured, BB may keep it.

He's traded down out of the first round in the past partly because he thought the talent he wanted would be there and because of the financial implications.

It's really hard to speculate right now until the CBA is hammered out.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

In Response to Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS):
    [QUOTE]I DONT CARE IF THEY USE THREE ROUNDS ON PASS RUSHERS...IM TIRED OF SEEING THE NO PRESSURE  DEFENSE AND IT BEING THE REASON OF TWO MISSING RINGS
    Posted by PatsBermuda[/QUOTE]

i'mm sure BB will pick up some young quick young DEs in the draft, don't worry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Best Player Available is what kills any mock draft. How many people thought Dez Bryant was the BPA but Bill B passed on him.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I think a nice 34 end will be priority number one, because they don't grow on trees and are big money in the free agent market (see Seymore). They kill two birds with one stone; making the outside backer better, applying pressure and stopping the run...wait that's three birds.

Outside backer has to be next, but we have really shied away from it in the draft, but Cunningham will sure look better with someone opposite him.

Runner, offensive lineman, another defensive front seven guy, all would have to be right up there I'd think for their third selection.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I think the offensive line has to be top priority.  The holes in the line might be filled by re-signing Mankins and maybe Light or through free agency--but we need to get a tackle and at least one guard or we're in dire straights next season. I'd expect one or two picks at least to be used on offensive linemen. A top pick on a tackle would not disappoint me at all.   

After that, I'd say OLB (and/or DE), RB, and WR (tall, fast x-type) are all pretty important.  I'd lean toward the defense in the draft, but wouldn't be terribly disappointed to see the offensive needs addressed in the early rounds.  I think we do need an OLB more than a DE, but if we were to get a top-quality DE instead of an OLB early in the draft, I wouldn't be too upset.  Getting a better running game should also be a top priority.  We need more diversity in our offense and I think that starts with a better, more physical running game.  I'd love to see the receiver picked up in free agency.  There are some good guys available if we can sign them--and veterans are a safer bet than rookies at this position I think.

We can get by at all the other positions in my opinion, though I still think there's room to strengthen our defensive backfield. A veteran safety might be a good addition.  And you can never have enough good CBs.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

I can not agree more!!!
    That is what I was thinking during most games this year...
    Where is the RUSH?!?!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Norger. Show Norger's posts

They've needed someone to rush the passer since they got rid of Vrabel.  The pass rush has been mostly non-existent for a while.  Seems to a major reason why many mediocre QB's have put up great numbers against this D.

I'dl also like to see them get a  top tier running back.  BJGE is a solid backup who performed beyond expectations this year, and Woodhead looks like the change of pace back, but they should try to upgrade and get a genuine feature running back.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from siestafiesta. Show siestafiesta's posts

Thanks for the laugh Harley!!!   Love that pic of Killa's new ride.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I don't understand some peoples fixation on the tall, fast WR.

First off, where are you going to get him? 

Second, don't you realize they traded that tall, fast WR in October and were better without him? That has to factor in the debate.

Third, how many tall, fast WR's were on the roster when they won three superbowls? NONE. Unless you want to count Fred Coleman.

PS, you're better than this. Stop listening to the Chris Carter's of the world that probably only watched one pats game last year (their playoff loss to the jets). In my mind WR couldn't be less of a need.

In Response to Re: Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS):
    [QUOTE]I think the offensive line has to be top priority.  The holes in the line might be filled by re-signing Mankins and maybe Light or through free agency--but we need to get a tackle and at least one guard or we're in dire straights next season. I'd expect one or two picks at least to be used on offensive linemen. A top pick on a tackle would not disappoint me at all.    After that, I'd say OLB (and/or DE), RB, and WR (tall, fast x-type) are all pretty important.  I'd lean toward the defense in the draft, but wouldn't be terribly disappointed to see the offensive needs addressed in the early rounds.  I think we do need an OLB more than a DE, but if we were to get a top-quality DE instead of an OLB early in the draft, I wouldn't be too upset.  Getting a better running game should also be a top priority.  We need more diversity in our offense and I think that starts with a better, more physical running game.  I'd love to see the receiver picked up in free agency.  There are some good guys available if we can sign them--and veterans are a safer bet than rookies at this position I think. We can get by at all the other positions in my opinion, though I still think there's room to strengthen our defensive backfield. A veteran safety might be a good addition.  And you can never have enough good CBs.  
    Posted by prolate0spheroid[/QUOTE]

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]I don't understand some peoples fixation on the tall, fast WR. First off, where are you going to get him?  Second, don't you realize they traded that tall, fast WR in October and were better without him? That has to factor in the debate. Third, how many tall, fast WR's were on the roster when they won three superbowls? NONE. Unless you want to count Fred Coleman. PS, you're better than this. Stop listening to the Chris Carter's of the world that probably only watched one pats game last year (their playoff loss to the jets). In my mind WR couldn't be less of a need. In Response to Re: Im tired of all the WR and DB talk...WE NEED PRESSURE (PASS RUSHERS THAT IS) :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Hey Rock . . . here's my concern after watching the Pats last year.  Our offense was often great, but there were times all season when it stalled out. I think the problem was that we were far too dependent on our (excellent) short passing game. We were best when we got a decent showing from BJGE and the under-center running game to complement the short passing game.  That gave us just enough diversity to keep defenses guessing. I'd like to see the Pats improve their offense primarily by getting better at the run.  That means some more nasty run blockers on the line and a top-level running back.  (I like BJGE, but I don't think he has the speed, especially to the outside, to really be a dominant threat that defenses have to game plan against.)  The other way to diversify the offense, though, is to have more threats in the passing game downfield or on the edges.  We just don't have those now.  Yes, we didn't have big guys in the super bowl teams, but we had stronger running games and Patten and Givens gave us more than Tate does at that x position.  If you watch the Packers with Driver and Jennings and Jones, you see what real downfield receiving threats can do for an offense. 

As far as Moss, he was just not playing well--he wasn't consistently getting open, he was dropping balls, and sometimes he seemed to have his head out of the game.  That started in 2009, really.  I think getting rid of Moss improved the team because he wasn't very consistent and Brady--hoping for the best--kept throwing to him.  Look at the Jets game in week 2--Moss made a great catch against Revis, but he was just awful on that Cromartie interception.  Moss was becoming a liability.  That doesn't mean, however, that having a good outside threat is unnecessary.  I think this team would be greatly improved by a real x receiver or even two.  

One thing I am sure of, though, is if we don't diversify the offense we're going to remain vulnerable against teams like the Jets who can stop our short passing game.  They've done that three times now (playoff, and Meadowlands games in 2010 and 2009).  We can't go into 2011 still being vulnerable in that way.  We need either a strong running game or a more potent deep game to complement Welker and the TEs or we're going to struggle at times against certain defenses.  If our defense is shut down (like it was in 2003 and 2004) maybe we still can win those games.  But if our defense is still developing, then we'll need more weapons in the offense than just TEs and slot receivers.