Imagine this offense with a healthy Demps

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking12. Show harleyroadking12's posts

Imagine this offense with a healthy Demps

Imagine this next season Llyod, Eldeman, Gronk, Hernandez, Demps, Bodden, Ridley, and maybe WW. If Demps has any pass catching ability line him up wide and let him fly. He'll be on ST's returning kicks, and in the backfield for screen passes  and sweeps....should be something to see

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Re: Imagine this offense with a healthy Demps

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

Pardon my ignorance but who is Demps?

The Olympic spriner guy on IR.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Scary is all I can say. Every time he just steps on to the field it will cause confusion among the defenses, they will have to adjust to account for Demps at all times.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

I'd like to say scary but we still have zero clue who demps will become as a player in the regular season. I'm hoping Demps is working on catching the ball on IR and they convert him to a wideout. Imagine trying to keep up with him as a CB it would also cut down on the wear and tear which is important given his size. Then you could have him on reverses (which would be deadly) and in an open backfield were he motions back for a draw play with the opponents D in a dime package. I think I just drooled a bit

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

i dont know if he is going to be anything more than a special teams player....he is really really fast though, so thats obviously a plus.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Well I don't think we started a drive beyound the 25 on a kickoff through 5 games yet. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to tcal2-'s comment:

Well I don't think we started a drive beyound the 25 on a kickoff through 5 games yet. 

That doesn't sound right. If it is wow, that's hard to do

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

DMC has 6 returns Ave = 23.5 with a long of 28. 

Slater 1 for 19

Gronk 1 for zero (on sides kick)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

DMC has 6 returns Ave = 23.5 with a long of 28. 

Slater 1 for 19

Gronk 1 for zero (on sides kick)

There has to be some missing. That accounts for 8 kick offs. They are sure to get 1 a game so right there are you trying to say all but 3 kickoffs when an opponent scored were touchbacks? That would mean there were more touchbacks then returns which just doesn't sound right for some reason

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Yes that's another good point. We have a very bad kick return game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I love that on the new Madden he can be put out as a wide receiver, is freaky fast and catches everything thrown at him... he'll have to show that ability in the real world but it's a crazy element to add to the Madden Pats.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

I'd line him up wide and have him run a cb all over the field for the first halfand then sub him out for some fresh legs. We could own the second half. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Id say Dexter McCluster type impact is what we should all hope for (WR/RB/KR)

Percy Harvin 2.0 is what I will dream about. Prob won't happen though.

Hopefully he's taking advantage of this "offseason"...

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to harleyroadking12's comment:

Imagine this next season Llyod, Eldeman, Gronk, Hernandez, Demps, Bodden, Ridley, and maybe WW. If Demps has any pass catching ability line him up wide and let him fly. He'll be on ST's returning kicks, and in the backfield for screen passes  and sweeps....should be something to see

exactly harley! my brain already was when we signed him.

sucks not having him be a compliment to this team this year.

still wonder if bb wasnt happy to put him on ir this year and earn time/exp befroe he plays for us.

right wehn he got ired, he said he was fine (my translation hurt not injured. play before too long)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

I'd like to say scary but we still have zero clue who demps will become as a player in the regular season. I'm hoping Demps is working on catching the ball on IR and they convert him to a wideout. Imagine trying to keep up with him as a CB it would also cut down on the wear and tear which is important given his size. Then you could have him on reverses (which would be deadly) and in an open backfield were he motions back for a draw play with the opponents D in a dime package. I think I just drooled a bit

agreed on better not running him up the middle. at fla he lined up as rb and receiver. as well as everywhere else teh ycould get him the ball.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:

Yes that's another good point. We have a very bad kick return game.

tcal and i have been one that for a long while

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to dapats1281's comment:

Id say Dexter McCluster type impact is what we should all hope for (WR/RB/KR)

Percy Harvin 2.0 is what I will dream about. Prob won't happen though.

Hopefully he's taking advantage of this "offseason"...

can you belive we just missed on gettign harvin...one of the best off players in the nfl.

if demps is 75-80% of that... oh man....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

yes, we've been missing a weapon on special teams for years. Would have been kewl to see someone regularly gain more than 2 yards on kickoffs and punt returns....lol

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

We saw two RBs who were drafted by the Pats with a lot of legitimate college experience; Ridley and Vereen, ride the bench most of their rookie seasons.

Demps was more raw than them.

I can't imagine he would have even seen the field with the offense. Kickoffs? Sure. I see no way he would have supplanted Woodhead as a rookie.

Being IRed might be the best thing for him, as he can be around the team, and try to learn what it takes to be a RB first, and one in the NFL second. Then he can wrap his head around learning the offense. MAYBE then, he gets on the field for a few plays a game.

If he hadn't gone to the Olympics, he was regarded at most as a 4th round pick, and strictly for his ST ability/potential.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Point taken which is our KR/PReturners don't scare anyone. This has been a sore spot for some time. Dewill can add the necessary speed and elusiveness this deserves, and we need.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

In response to ma6dragon9's comment:

We saw two RBs who were drafted by the Pats with a lot of legitimate college experience; Ridley and Vereen, ride the bench most of their rookie seasons.

Demps was more raw than them.

I can't imagine he would have even seen the field with the offense. Kickoffs? Sure. I see no way he would have supplanted Woodhead as a rookie.

Being IRed might be the best thing for him, as he can be around the team, and try to learn what it takes to be a RB first, and one in the NFL second. Then he can wrap his head around learning the offense. MAYBE then, he gets on the field for a few plays a game.

If he hadn't gone to the Olympics, he was regarded at most as a 4th round pick, and strictly for his ST ability/potential.

How often did Hester see the field with the offense?  Not much until maybe the past year and a half.

I think folks are optimistic about having a player with olympic-type sprinting speed possibly being able to return the ball all the way for a TD if given decent blocking and an iotas worth of daylight. If he ended up producing half of Hester's productivity....

ahhh, the dreams we dream

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenace4life. Show tenace4life's posts

If WW walks at the end of the season then Demps may be the slot guy in the future.  At Florida is was pretty good as a receiver out of the back field but given his speed he was not the homerun hitter you would have expected on kickoff returns.  With his size I do not see the Pats over using this guy if they want to keep him around for a full season!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

My only concern with Demps is that's he's only 5'7", 175 lbs.  Yeah, I know, Woodhead but at that size he's limited to the return game or being a wideout that simply goes deep.  Doubt he has anything like Welker's shiftiness.  Don't want to appear negative but I don't think it's automatic that this guy will be an impact wideout.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ATJ's comment:

My only concern with Demps is that's he's only 5'7", 175 lbs.  Yeah, I know, Woodhead but at that size he's limited to the return game or being a wideout that simply goes deep.  Doubt he has anything like Welker's shiftiness.  Don't want to appear negative but I don't think it's automatic that this guy will be an impact wideout.

Agree with that, I thought it was funny Madden gave him that much juice and make him a great deep threat in the game, but in reality he has done nothing to date.

Sections
Shortcuts