IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me."

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me."

Think about it, does TB need a lot more cash? Don't get me wrong he wants to get paid but he knows the window on Randy is closing so if they are to win together the team needs to sign, Wilfork, Cunningham, McCourty and others.

Tom took less money to get Moss, why would he change now. Kraft and BB love Tom and vise versa, they are smart enough to know what they have together.

With the players involved this contract (Kraft, BB and TB) and what we have seen in the past, this make the most sense.

Thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

Re: IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me.&q...

he does need more cash, he's sacrificed pay to get better players. he's the best QB in the league and deserves to be paid this time. It's time to get him some new talent through the draft, let Moss ride off into the sunset. 

I don't think Mss deserves more money than he made the past few seasons if he stays with the Pats.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

Re: IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me.&q...

In Response to Re: IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me.":
    he does need more cash, he's sacrificed pay to get better players. he's the best QB in the league and deserves to be paid this time. It's time to get him some new talent through the draft, let Moss ride off into the sunset.  I don't think Mss deserves more money than he made the past few seasons if he stays with the Pats.
    Posted by kansaspatriot

TB is the franchise, but I think he places team and winning ahead of all. Tom does and will get paid.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I wouldn't doubt this at all. The only problem is that now Tom is a big figure in the players union and it might be tough for him to take a team friendly deal.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

In Response to Re: IMO Brady and team have a deal. "Get me a team I can win with, then come and tell me what you have left to pay me.":
    I wouldn't doubt this at all. The only problem is that now Tom is a big figure in the players union and it might be tough for him to take a team friendly deal.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Good point, I still feel that Kraft, BB and Brady see the world the same way.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

DIFFERENT TAKE: Brady and Kraft are waiting so Brady can be the highest-paid QB in the league.  Kraft also probably wants to pay Brady more, but he wants to know that the salary cap isn't coming back.  In that case, they also wouldn't want Brady to sign before Manning and Brees sign.

Just a thought.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

To ALL:

Alright, FIRST I gotta apologize, because this post might just be longer then 3 sentences, So for those who reside under the mantra, "IF it ain't under 7 words, Then I say it AIN'T worth learnin' at all."  I'll do my best to maybe add some color and bigger font sizes...

NOW, RE: Brady and the NE Team FO having either an explicit or certainly, An implicit and implied understanding That, "Brady WILL take a team-friendly deal, BUT NE's had better spend that dough on getting Brady a "fulller" team (for lack of a better word)."  YES, no doubt- Brady has restructured his own contract a FEW times, taking lesser money.  The Reason, as we ALL know, Is that Brady wants weapons, and overall better players in order to do 1 thing: WIN.

~And here's the thing:  IF I'm Tom Brady...I'm p!ss#ed.

~WHY?  Do you now ask...  Because of THIS:

YearMedian salaryTotal Payroll  

Now, I don't know if the complete chart will actually go through for your viewing pleasure, BUT here's the simple breakdown:  In 2007, The New England Pats Franchise DID adhere to Brady's wish for better overall talent to surround himself with:  Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas, Randy Moss, along with a FEW MORE lesser names.  New England spent OVER 117 mil that year...

And here's the catch...THAT is where it ended.  New England spent 92 mil in 2008 (116 million dollar Salary Cap allowed), and 97 mil in 2009 (128 Million Dollar Salary Cap allowed)...  Guess where that ranks New England when compared to other NFL Franchises?  In 2009, NE's #23 out of 32 Teams in Total Cap Spending.  In 2008?  New England's #30 out of 32 Teams in Total Cap Spending.  I have the USA Today link to offer IF need be.  AND guess what else...?  I found myself a link originally found on Pro Football's Innovative Statistics, Which crunches the data thus far, In determing that IF there actually WAS a Salary Cap for this 2010 year, It shows where each team is ranked thus far, In 2010 Spending (including guestimating Rookie Draft picks and their contracts)...  How did NE do?  NE's tied for 18th place (thus #18/#19) Out of 32 NFL Teams. 

Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, And I am NOT stating that The Patriots should spend recklessly and foolishly, By simply throwing out massive contracts...  BUT I AM stating That New England's Front Office, really could do just a little bit extra to provide Tom Brady and Co. with a couple more, or simply a couple better players, WHEN you take in that in 2008, NE was 24 MILLION Dollars under the alloted Team Caps, And in 2009, NE was 31 MILLION Dollars under the alloted caps. 

Heck, In TOTAL Team Expenditures (includ. Current Roster players paid, Former Roster players owed pay, Grievances and Injur Settlements):  For the fiscal 2009 Season, New England's NOT ranked #23 out of 32 Teams...NE's ranked 25 out of 32 Teams.

~So in the end, There IS a big difference between doing just a little more and adding just 1 or 2 decent NFL Players on The Pats, RATHER than/and- Simply throwing massive amounts of money away.  There IS a difference (so don't come at me with that line).  Could NE's top brass spend a lil' more on merely 1 or 2 better players???  Imo, No Doubt...and they SHOULD have.  And THIS is why, IF I'm Tom Brady- I ain't happy.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BTownExpress. Show BTownExpress's posts

He'll be taken care of by Mr. Kraft; you can assure that.  Both want to win.  This is what they are focussed on.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

Brady will make in excess of 15M per after he signs his contract. Personally I hope he makes $5 more a year then goober, just to say he's the highest paid at his position. Logan mankins will get his coin too. I bet they increase the salary cap to around 130M from 116M. This will cover these 2 guys. Plus with rookie pay scale structures this frees up a lot of money for the "top 10 pickers". We should be one of them next year too. take a look at Brady's new house he needs some money for that castle. I think a lot of this stuff is grandstanding. think about it the more of this stuff comes up the more vulnerable the team may look to other teams. Bill B IMHO calcualtes every move he makes. why wouldnt be do this now?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gmbill. Show gmbill's posts

DIFFERENT TAKE : Brady and Kraft are waiting so Brady can be the highest-paid QB in the league.  Kraft also probably wants to pay Brady more, but he wants to know that the salary cap isn't coming back.  In that case, they also wouldn't want Brady to sign before Manning and Brees sign. Just a thought.
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

NOT BAD

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

As long a Brady has more SB rings than goober, he has bigger bragging rights than having a fatter wallet.  Look how often, when the two are compared, pundits point to playoff success.  Regardless of the weapons around them, Brady always performs better in the playoffs than Manning.  In the end, Brady has never shown himself to be an egotistical player who is placing getting paid ahead of winning.  His rewards will come for decades after his playing carreer is over. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tcal2. Show Tcal2's posts

This is his last shot at a Mega contract.  He won't have his looks forever and just ask Joe Montana how quickly the endorsement money dries up when your done playing Football. 

To speak for Tom Brady and say he has enough is ludicrous.  The yearly tax bill on his new house is probably going to be $100K.  Then there's their Jet set life style to pay for.  Heck Gisele is on the wrong side of 30 and her earning potential will be dropping in the coming years.

So in summation I have to strongly disagree with the belief that Tom will be giving any sort of hometown discount this time around.  He will not settle for being anything but the highest paid player. 

And that's what he deserves to be.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

To ALL : Alright, FIRST I gotta apologize, because this post might just be longer then 3 sentences, So for those who reside under the mantra, "IF it ain't under 7 words, Then I say it AIN'T worth learnin' at all."  I'll do my best to maybe add some color and bigger font sizes... NOW, RE: Brady and the NE Team FO having either an explicit or certainly, An implicit and implied understanding That, "Brady WILL take a team-friendly deal, BUT NE's had better spend that dough on getting Brady a "fulller" team (for lack of a better word)."  YES, no doubt- Brady has restructured his own contract a FEW times, taking lesser money.  The Reason, as we ALL know, Is that Brady wants weapons, and overall better players in order to do 1 thing: WIN. ~And here's the thing:  IF I'm Tom Brady...I'm p!ss#ed. ~WHY?  Do you now ask...  Because of THIS:   Year Median salary Total Payroll   2009 $ 829,780 $ 97,565,413    2008 $ 931,200 $ 92,734,120    2007 $ 728,680 $ 117,963,182    2006 $ 650,580 $ 105,110,495    2005 $ 669,620 $ 94,409,059    2004 $ 660,300 $ 76,999,180     Now, I don't know if the complete chart will actually go through for your viewing pleasure, BUT here's the simple breakdown:  In 2007, The New England Pats Franchise DID adhere to Brady's wish for better overall talent to surround himself with:  Donte Stallworth, Wes Welker, Adalius Thomas, Randy Moss, along with a FEW MORE lesser names.  New England spent OVER 117 mil that year... And here's the catch...THAT is where it ended.  New England spent 92 mil in 2008 (116 million dollar Salary Cap allowed), and 97 mil in 2009 (128 Million Dollar Salary Cap allowed)...  Guess where that ranks New England when compared to other NFL Franchises?  In 2009, NE's #23 out of 32 Teams in Total Cap Spending.  In 2008?  New England's #30 out of 32 Teams in Total Cap Spending.  I have the USA Today link to offer IF need be.  AND guess what else...?  I found myself a link originally found on Pro Football's Innovative Statistics, Which crunches the data thus far, In determing that IF there actually WAS a Salary Cap for this 2010 year, It shows where each team is ranked thus far, In 2010 Spending (including guestimating Rookie Draft picks and their contracts)...  How did NE do?  NE's tied for 18th place (thus #18/#19) Out of 32 NFL Teams.  Sorry to burst anyone's bubble, And I am NOT stating that The Patriots should spend recklessly and foolishly, By simply throwing out massive contracts...  BUT I AM stating That New England's Front Office, really could do just a little bit extra to provide Tom Brady and Co. with a couple more, or simply a couple better players, WHEN you take in that in 2008, NE was 24 MILLION Dollars under the alloted Team Caps, And in 2009, NE was 31 MILLION Dollars under the alloted caps.  Heck, In TOTAL Team Expenditures (includ. Current Roster players paid, Former Roster players owed pay, Grievances and Injur Settlements):  For the fiscal 2009 Season, New England's NOT ranked #23 out of 32 Teams...NE's ranked 25 out of 32 Teams. ~So in the end, There IS a big difference between doing just a little more and adding just 1 or 2 decent NFL Players on The Pats, RATHER than/and- Simply throwing massive amounts of money away.  There IS a difference (so don't come at me with that line).  Could NE's top brass spend a lil' more on merely 1 or 2 better players???  Imo, No Doubt...and they SHOULD have.  And THIS is why, IF I'm Tom Brady- I ain't happy.  
    Posted by LazarusintheSanatorium

I think mostly Brady was upset in 2006, and we all know he had every right to be with Reche Caldwell forced to be his #1 option. (On a side note was that not Brady's best season ever? They just showed the Chargers 2006 playoff game on NFL nwtk. Chargers were 14-2 that year and the best team in football and we went in their house and beat them with Reche Caldwell WOW then hung up 34 points on Indy to fall just short of the SB WOW) Anyway as you said they fixed that problem by going nuts in 2007. Yes they did drop down in total salary in 2008 but that was also the year the cap went up if I am not mistaken. Why spend to the limit just because the limit goes up if you feel you already have a great team?
    Now 2009 is perhaps a similar situation to 2006. We more or less got caught with our pants down again by not having a 3rd wr or capable TE for Brady to use(we didn't give him his weapons) So I can understand if he is a little peeved about last year.

2010 the Pats signed some great FA's they just happened to be Patriot FA's. Also by reviving the TE group through Crumpler and 2 great prospects(really our only option as BEn Watson was probably the best FA TE out there and we know what he brings) the organization is attempting to give Tom what he needs. Throw in a capable hall of fame route runner and chain mover in Holt and the development of Edelman,Tate and Price and I think brady will be a lot happier this year then he was last year, but I understand your point.