IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Re: IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED?

I am imagining Manning staying in a fancy NYC hotel while he shops more perm housing: "Well if that ain't the darndest commode ya' eva' did see.  Wait, there's the commode.  Then this thing must be for washing my private particulahs'.  Ain't that sumpt-in! Noooooooo Yawk City!  What ah' place!"

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

Re: IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED?

SF or Philadelphia make the most sense for Manning IMO.

Of course, Philly has that Vick contract to consider and would have to do some serious Salary Cap Lambada to squeeze Manning in.

But if you combine Manning with SF's defense or the weapons that Philly has, and you're talking about a very, very tough team to beat.

I don't think he'd go to the Jets, because that would require: 1--Ryan admitting he was wrong about Sanchez; and 2--Peyton willing to upstage brother Eli in NYC (though that's probably a minor factor); and 3--the Jets also performing some serious Cap Lambada in order to squeeze Manning in.

Besides, are we really sure the Colts are dumping him? If he's able to play next year, why not put him in there for another couple of seasons and have Luck learn under the wing of one of the greatest QBs ever?

Sounds like a win-win for Indy to me.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED?:
    [QUOTE]And yet TB is on the field and actually earning his salary. Peyton used the lockout to hold the Colts hostage, they could not get accurate medical information about him or maybe they could have made a more informed decision and brought in a different quarterback for this season. He then signed the contract knowing full well there was a good chance he would not be playing this season, you can spin that any way you want, but he knew. Associative property says Manning is a ??? 
    Posted by BostonSportsFan111[/QUOTE]
    Peyton used the lockout?  Are your glasses colored? 

You might want to review the history on this.  After the 09 SB, the colts promised to make Manning the highest paid player in the NFL and stated that the deal would be done in the offseason.  The colts, however, never made Manning an offer.  You might not know this because Manning doesn't negotiate through the media, so it wasn't a story.  Besides during that offseason, Brady was getting all of the headlines with his planted "growing disconnect" story. 

It wasn't until the bye week during the season that the colts actually made an offer.  Like many other players, Manning begged off at the time saying he didn't want his football to be distracted by the contract.  I'd call that pretty upstanding.  Especially from a fan perspective. 

After the colts finished the season, the sides continued to negotiate until the players chose to decertify and the owners locked the players out.  Manning's got an agent who's very successful at squeezing every last dime out of teams.  It was Manning who stepped in and said to get the job done and likely took less than he otherwise could have gotten.  

As for Manning knowing about his injury.  Sure.  He's had it since 09.  Did he think it would keep him from playing?  I don't know, but your assurance that he did sounds much more like spin than anything I've said. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In Response to Re: IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED?:
    [QUOTE]When did Brady's party EVER go to the media looking for a top-dollar contract? Brady kept everything quiet throughout the negotiating process.
    Posted by TheGuyWithDaThing[/QUOTE]

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-trippinwednesday060210

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cellucci. Show cellucci's posts

this has got to be the stupidest headline of all time. just reading it makes me throw up in the back of my mouth.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

[QUOTE]If peyton manning can play and is cut, (he won't be traded unless his deal is reworked as a part of the move), he won't go to the Jets (my opinion).  The manning family is VERY tight and I don't see Peyton, accepting a job in the same market in which his brother plays where the media can play the two off each other to the public's delight and the family's consternation.    For that same reason, I could not see Peyton going to an NFC East team either. 
    Posted by UD6[/QUOTE]

I guess the people at SONY were surprised to see Eli in the Samsung commercials.  Mannings care about money #1, then (maybe) winning

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoisesBiggestPatsFan. Show BoisesBiggestPatsFan's posts

Guess who had the first pick in the draft the year Peyton decided to stay for his final year at Tenn? That's right, the Jets!!. Imagine Peyton being a Jet all these Years. How different things would have been.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: IMPACT OF A HEALTHY TICKED-OFF PEYTON SIGNING WITH THE JETS NEXT SEASON AFTER HE'S INEVITABLY WAIVED? : I guess the people at SONY were surprised to see Eli in the Samsung commercials.  Mannings care about money #1, then (maybe) winning
    Posted by jimijazz[/QUOTE]

I am not sure what the sony samsung remark is supposed to mean, but maybe you can expound on why you think they care about money more than winning?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

Minnesota. Dome team, top-notch running game, mediocre defense. Sounds like the Colts in the early 2000's to me

Sections
Shortcuts