Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens

Moss' gone, that's a fact, I don't like it one bit, but there is no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse.

All you have to do is wait and see, and we will see soon enough against the Baltimore Ravens in just short of two weeks.

For those of you who discount the focus that Moss drew from opponent's defense, who discount the double coverage he drew allowing other receivers to get open, who discount the downfield threat he gave to Tom Brady on every down he played, you will be able to judge the impact of the trade by the Ravens game.

So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him.  And people buy that?

It should be interesting to see how the offense does against the Ravens D without Randy Moss.  It should be quite revealing one way or another.  We will be either better without him or worse.

With all that time to prepare without Randy, the Pats & Belichik new game plan should roll over the Ravens as if they're a high-school team, given how much better some say we are without Randy Moss.  LoL

Can't wait for the Baltimore Ravens game, 10/17  --  it can't come soon enough for me.  I need to be shown how much better we are without Randy.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

Re: Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens

In Response to Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens:
    [QUOTE]

Great post, agree with every word.

But now that it's done, I'm looking for the positives. I hope there's something more in the works that brings us a solid DB, WR or DE/OLB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him.

Nobody painted him as a cancer. His own attitude since the begining of the season was his choice. He was getting paid 5 mil this year to do what he's told not mope around. Something I don't see mentioned was his refusal to block Monday night. On one play it resulted in a loss on a running play as he just watched the DB run right past him for a tackle behind the line. He didn't even make a halfhearted effort.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

We all saw where Moss's head was after the Bengals game. All he cared about was his next contract and I don't think that that contract was going to be with the Pats. Sure Moss was/is good but he wasn't doubled covered every down and the Jets (Revis) and the Dolphins (Davis) managed to throttle him pretty completely. So he got dealt and we'll have to make adjustments. Hey, we won 3 Super Bowls without him and none with him. Maybe we pick up Vincent Jackson or Steve Smith. Maybe we've enough to win with what we've got. Rather than let things fester all season, we move on now and we'll still be in the mix.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BSII. Show BSII's posts

In his last 11 games including playoffs Moss has 39 Catches for 560 Yds and 9 TDs.  That equates to 56 Catches, 815 Yards and 13 TDs.  Good TD #s, pedestrian on the rest.  Those TDs are now Gronks as most came in the Red Zone.

He hasn't been the same player either due to unhappiness or age.  His effort was just not there.  The Jets left him singled up mostly against Cromartie and Moss had as bad a 2nd half as a reciever can have.  Couldn't get open, alligator armed a ball, and basically hung is QB out to dry. 

Brady's take on this is the most important.  His effort and focus has been evident this season.  If he falls back into 2009 Brady, head hanging and emotionless we'll know he's unhappy. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ponyoto. Show ponyoto's posts

In Response to Re: Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens:
    [QUOTE]So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him. Nobody painted him as a cancer. His own attitude since the begining of the season was his choice. He was getting paid 5 mil this year to do what he's told not mope around. Something I don't see mentioned was his refusal to block Monday night. On one play it resulted in a loss on a running play as he just watched the DB run right past him for a tackle behind the line. He didn't even make a halfhearted effort.
    Posted by Evil2010[/QUOTE]

Agree. There were a couple of plays where he weakly lunged at the DB and thus resulted with the DB getting in on the stop. There is more to this than what we as fans know and can see. Either way, its time to move on and put our support behind whoever lines up from now on. I am rather excited about Tate and Co getting more reps.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Dessalines. Show Dessalines's posts

[QUOTE]Moss' gone, that's a fact, I don't like it one bit, but there is no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse. All you have to do is wait and see, and we will see soon enough against the Baltimore Ravens in just short of two weeks. For those of you who discount the focus that Moss drew from opponent's defense, who discount the double coverage he drew allowing other receivers to get open, who discount the downfield threat he gave to Tom Brady on every down he played, you will be able to judge the impact of the trade by the Ravens game. So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him.  And people buy that? It should be interesting to see how the offense does against the Ravens D without Randy Moss.  It should be quite revealing one way or another.  We will be either better without him or worse. With all that time to prepare without Randy, the Pats & Belichik new game plan should roll over the Ravens as if they're a high-school team, given how much better some say we are without Randy Moss.  LoL Can't wait for the Baltimore Ravens game, 10/17  --  it can't come soon enough for me.  I need to be shown how much better we are without Randy.
    Posted by RajonRondowski[/QUOTE]

He was a big help to us in that playoff blow out last year.Cool

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]I think our chances of winning this year just got better.  The team will rally around this.  Did anyone catch the video clip of Moss adressing his teammates during the nationa anthem.  Now I am not gonna go all Patriot and call it disrespectful to talk during it, but who is listening at that time., and since we know his agent was working on this, he probably knew b4 the game it was his last, and told his teamates while the anthem was being sung, in order to avoid any mic's catching sideline chat, and in the video everyone listening walked away with a confused look, so suffice to Say, we will have a better team w/out him. Will we have a more explosive pass offense , NO. Will we have a better TEAM, YES!!!
    Posted by patsfan76[/QUOTE]

been thinking about this alot today.  Is it possible for a team to trade one of the best receivers in the league and be better without him. I have to agree with teh OP.  You will find out against a very good defense.  I dont see how it is possible, you remove that vertical threat and double coverage and you gain what? More cohesion? You cant have a more balanced attack without him pulling defenders out of the box for your run game, also, who is your RB?  You cant have a better passing game without your best receiver.  That coverage is going to roll over to WW or Hernandez even.  I just dont think it is possible although BB can pull it off just as well if not better than any other coach.

Personally, and I will probably get bashed for saying this but, I think that BB saw that he cant win it all this year.  So what do you do? You get things in order for next year.  I see it as the proverbial towel being tossed.

A far less probability is that the vikings trade him back to the pats after this monday night game lol. Believe it or not there are some jets forums calling for an investigation of this trade. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mississippipatfan. Show mississippipatfan's posts

I think this point is mute.  Ravens has a good Defense.  How many teams just move the ball on the Ravens Defense.  Come on guys.  If our offensive stats are in line with the stats of other teams who played against a good Ravens defense, then whats the excuse.  Just wait and see.  Take off your G -strings so you can breath.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Against the Ravens, I've been more looking forward to seeing Woodhead take on Ray Lewis than Brady airing it out to Randy...I guess I already moved on...the team is starting to look like the Patriots of old, and that to me is more thrilling than a beautiful one-handed catch in a game that Pats ended up losing. How about Tom's attitude after the team beat Miami and he had all of 154 yards passing...Tom was pumped for the team; Randy was looking for money and stats and the team has moved on to discover its identity; I'm excited about this new journey; no disrpespect to Randy, wish him well Monday night and beyond.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

[QUOTE]Yea the team is 3-1 and tied with the Jets for first place and we are throwing in the towel....come on man you are smarter then that. Other then that last part I agree with your post. The running game wont be as good with out Moss and neither will the passing game. huge mistake.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

I cant make much sense out of it this year then.  I am sure BB has a plan, what do you think it is.  Show the young guys that talking about your contract will get you traded?  It is possible.  I am sure that BB is looking long term on all of his moves but in week 4 it just is difficult to figure out.  BB has to know how this will affect his O this year.  Help me out a little here killa, why do this in week 4.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]From what we have been reading up here Moss asked for the trade and was becoming a problem. I dont buy it but thats what is being said. I cant explain it either but he is not throwing in the towel that i know for sure.
    Posted by MVPkilla4life[/QUOTE]

-

Randy Moss, Bad Guy = The Patriot Way

Sure there is tons of Moss bashing going on right now because the PR machine is in full motion painting Moss as a cancer and overall bad guy and so many people buy that hype?  Com'on you're smarter than that.  You've seen this act before.

People close to the team keep insisting they have seen no cancer, no bad attitude in the locker room, at practice, or on the sidelines.  This is just disinformation, propaganda, and PR to justify the trade.

Doing it right after a great, exhilarating victory is also telling, and I would not be surprised if Moss feels betrayed just as Seymor and many others felt after being used, lie to, dumped, and bad-mouthed on the way out of town.

Now people are already making excuses about Baltimore!  Gimme a break!

Where are we Jonestown?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

[QUOTE]A far less probability is that the vikings trade him back to the pats after this monday night game lol. Believe it or not there are some jets forums calling for an investigation of this trade. 
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Actually, I have no trouble at all believing that.

Whatever else you may say about Green New Jersey fan, he's pretty funny.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

[QUOTE]Moss' gone, that's a fact, I don't like it one bit, but there is no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse. All you have to do is wait and see, and we will see soon enough against the Baltimore Ravens in just short of two weeks. For those of you who discount the focus that Moss drew from opponent's defense, who discount the double coverage he drew allowing other receivers to get open, who discount the downfield threat he gave to Tom Brady on every down he played, you will be able to judge the impact of the trade by the Ravens game. So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him.  And people buy that? It should be interesting to see how the offense does against the Ravens D without Randy Moss.  It should be quite revealing one way or another.  We will be either better without him or worse. With all that time to prepare without Randy, the Pats & Belichik new game plan should roll over the Ravens as if they're a high-school team, given how much better some say we are without Randy Moss.  LoL Can't wait for the Baltimore Ravens game, 10/17  --  it can't come soon enough for me.  I need to be shown how much better we are without Randy.

Nobody discounts that. Everyone is quite well aware that Moss draws doubles all the time and when he doesn't have the ball go his way it's because those doubles open up other things. 

Problem is Moss was playing for his next contract and he wasn't getting the ball. In other years that wasn't a big deal but it was a big deal this year. I just don't think he was going to be able to hold it together the whole season. We will miss the "good" Randy Moss, but I think we exited at about the right time because the "bad" Randy Moss was starting to come out. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjaycee. Show jjaycee's posts

At first, I felt it was too early to trade him. Yet, while he was with the Patriots, just about every time he spoke into a mike, I was uncomforable with his remarks. He contributed an awful lot, but the team and management evidently,
    sucked it up a lot (more). Hopefully the team morale will be better without him, and hopefully the win and loss record also.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

No worries. It was time for Randy to move on. I like the team w/out Randy.
    Yep, it will look a whole lot different, and the Ravens game will be a great test for life w/out Randy.
    I believe the offense is still very very strong. We have the best QB in the NFL with many targets and knows how to find a way to win.

Vikings..wow. That offense could be dangerous now, or could be a circus act. Favre and Moss. Could be a banner year for the most  Favre interceptions ever... or not. Love the NFL.

GO PATS!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]i dont like you rajonrondowski... i dont know why, but i just hate every post you are a part of. you seem to me to be a whiney bicth
    Posted by FOWLER8196[/QUOTE]

-

And you are the kind of Elementary School juvenile that clutters up the board with stupid one-liners and name-calling.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]Moss' gone, that's a fact, I don't like it one bit, but there is no sense in continuing to beat a dead horse.

All you have to do is wait and see, and we will see soon enough against the Baltimore Ravens in just short of two weeks.

~Yep just have to wait and see.

For those of you who discount the focus that Moss drew from opponent's defense, who discount the double coverage he drew allowing other receivers to get open, who discount the downfield threat he gave to Tom Brady on every down he played, you will be able to judge the impact of the trade by the Ravens game.

~You might want to read the facts in this article before you decide one way or the other to over value Mosses affect on all the things within a game you mentioned. http://bit.ly/cDFEiF

So Randy was a sensitive soul and a character, that's management's job to manage people.  Now he's painted as a cancer and sent out of town like so many others before him.  And people buy that?

~Who painted him as a Cancer? Fans? I have not read any official pressers from the New England Patriots disparaging Randy Moss.

It should be interesting to see how the offense does against the Ravens D without Randy Moss.  It should be quite revealing one way or another.  We will be either better without him or worse. With all that time to prepare without Randy, the Pats & Belichik new game plan should roll over the Ravens as if they're a high-school team, given how much better some say we are without Randy Moss.  LoL

~Hmmm. Randy caught 5 passes for 48 yards in the playoff loss to Baltimore last year and the Offense scored 14 points. So you are saying if a receiver has more than 48 yards receiving againt Baltimore and the Offense scores more than 14 points we don't miss Moss right? What's your point? How are you going to baseline ANYTHING off of one game?

Can't wait for the Baltimore Ravens game, 10/17  --  it can't come soon enough for me.  I need to be shown how much better we are without Randy.

~Nothing like setting yourself up for disappointment. No one expects them to be better from day one. What people hope is that Tom gets back to his "consistent" better decision making ways and trusts and gives his other receivers opportunites to make plays for him.

I am more interested in where these young receivers are in the 4th quarter of the season and not specifically what they prove against Baltimore.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

Who cares which side lost interest in the other? They have parted ways and I root for the New England Patriots not the Minnesota Moss's. He's now the enemy,again! Wait until the DB's from the Ravens try double covering Welker,that's a task easier said than done! If I recall the reason why we traded for welker in the first place was because his routes made it virtually impossible to double him, so if the ravens or any other Defense decides to Double welker then Brady will have three other targets other than his back to choose from, Tom Brady is without a doubt a HOF QB so with many options you now have too figure out who his go to guy will be each week.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from brazilnut. Show brazilnut's posts

Moss played well here, and I believe it was time for him to move on.  I know Brady liked him a lot, but the bottom line is this:  Get open and brady will usually get the ball to you.  Who did we have for receivers is 2006 when we should have won the AFC championship and then the superbowl.  Can't remember?  My point exactly.  The Pats will be a better TEAM.  I saw an excited, pumped up TEAM monday night except for Moss.  Moss is a great receiver but his time was up here.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Impact of Moss Trade Evident v Ravens :
    Posted by Low-FB-IQ[/QUOTE]

-

I aint' reading it: its all just opinion anyway, and you know what opinions are like, everyone has one.  Some of the Ya Who's on this board have two!

As for you're having a low FB IQ, I don't doubt it for a minute (though I love the handle) if you believe everything you read.

It's clear Randy Moss got set up by the Pats, and he had to do what he thought he had to do, but in my opinion he played his cards wrong, playing right into BK's and BB's hands allowing them to manipulate the media and make Moss out to be a bad guy whom they had no choice but to deal.  The set him up and he fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

It's business as usual in Foxboro, and we will have to just wait and see.

The Ravens game should be telling, and that is why the excuses are rolling in already.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Moss was great, but it was time to move on... he's 33. It's not going to last forever.  He is better suited for a Dome as he gets older anyhow... It worked out both ways. 

The new Patriots are surfacing and I'm excited. 

What will you say Rajon is they win?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Moss got setup by the pats???? The dude went to the media afetr game one!  Did you miss that?  Look I will miss the guy, but I think you got this confused.  He wanted money "straight cash" and years.... thats all.  He got his wish.  Now Brady can throw only to open players... this maybe a benefit.  It may not.  But like Seymour, Moss was not sticking around.  His game is built on speed and that will go eventually anyways. 

Sections
Shortcuts