Impressive "old school" Patriots football stat

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Impressive "old school" Patriots football stat

This year 16 different players have scored a TD for the Pats, that's what I'd call parity or unpredictability.  It reminded me of the old days when the open receiver was the guy getting the ball...

This total is the most players to score a TD for the Pat's since 2007 when 21 players scored TD's.

Just to to put it in perspective, last year 5 receivers caught all of Brady's TD passes.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: Impressive

That's just dumb luck Wozzy. It has nothing to do with game planning or a commitment to doing more then just dropping back and passing all day. Clearly we are just executing this season and haven't been in years past by chance. Oh and obviously by us missing Gronk and Hernandez for most of this season and starting an undrafted QB from Kent state at WR over Brandon Lloyd we are way more talented offensively then we have been for the past few years.

Actually Brandon Lloyd and his amazing 11 ypc deep threat ability is the real difference between this diverse McDaniels lead offense and last years lack of deep threat Obrien lead offense.

Or maybe all we had to do with this year in and year out suprememly talented offense was restore some balance to it and keep defense's honest.We lead the league in rushing 1st downs, lead the league in rushing td's, and have the least amount of turnovers.

This is the difference between a high scoring offense and a dominant offense.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

It's certainly the very definition of unpredictability... and a return to the Patriot way.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

I have to throw a challenge flag on this. 

I believe only 8 have caught a TD pass this year.  That's half of 16 by my math.   Gronk has 10, WW 4, Lloyd 4.  So, of TB's 29 TD passes that would mean the rest of the 11 TDs were caught by 13 different players?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/extra_points/

Scroll down to the header that says "Stallworth Scores"

Stallworth was the 16th Patriots player to score a touchdown this season. The 16 players with a touchdown is the most by the Patriots since 2007, when they tied an NFL record when 21 players reached the end zone.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I think a lot of those 16 are defense or special teams players.  Still, it is impressive that despite a plethora of injuries to his receiving corps and offensive line, Tom Brady is still lighting it up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

This year 16 different players have caught a TD for the Pats, that's what I'd call parity or unpredictability.  It reminded me of the old days when the open receiver was the guy getting the ball...

This total is the most receivers to score a TD for the Pat's since 2007 when 21 players caught TD passes.

Just to to put it in perspective, last year 5 receivers caught all of Brady's TD passes.

ummmmm.. try 8, not 16, 2007 was also 8.

The diff in 2011 was Slater, Edelman who barely played, Underwood, Benny and Ocho as recievers.

Now, don't you both feel silly?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[/QUOTE]

The diff in 2011 was Slater, Edelman who barely played, Underwood and Ocho as recievers.

[/QUOTE]

Actually it took you so long to respond that I actually fixed my typo before you scrawled out this barely legible post above, read it again.  And no, having parity in scoring is a good thing, nothing to feel silly about except that I'm responding to this...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

Wozzy:  16 players have scored a TD.  That's what the story says.   Your statement was misleading.  It suggested 16 players caught a TD.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Wozzy:  16 players have scored a TD.  That's what the story says.   Your statement was misleading.  It suggested 16 players caught a TD.

Sorry I adjusted when I saw my mistake, still impressive no?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Of course it's impressive.  Everything about the Pats is impressive.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The diff in 2011 was Slater, Edelman who barely played, Underwood and Ocho as recievers.

Actually it took you so long to respond that I actually fixed my typo before you scrawled out this barely legible post above, read it again.

Typo?  Barely ledgeable?  LOL

There's a huge difference between 16 players catching a TD and scoring a TD as the others were defensive.  Never seen TB throw a TD to a defensive player on the Pats before.

Just admit, you got caught.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

5 TD's short of breaking the record we set in 2007, it's pretty impressive.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

It's just dumb luck. Execution is based on which way the wind blows, not preparation or game planning. Even Tom Brady says as much below in response to how well the team prepared for the 11-1 Texans.

"Coach Belichick does that better than anybody who has ever coached," said Brady. "And coach McDaniels does that better than any offensive coordinator I've ever been with"

• You have chosen to ignore posts from nyjoseph. Show nyjoseph's posts

In response to nyjoseph's comment:

Sorry I adjusted when I saw my mistake, still impressive no?

Impressive it is.  All 3 facets of the team are contributing to the number.  Good to see.  I just took a look at the 2008 Pats for example and the defense did not return a single INT or fumble for a TD.  Hobbs had the only special teams TD.

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Actually it took you so long to respond that I actually fixed my typo before you scrawled out this barely legible post above, read it again.

Typo?  Barely ledgeable?  LOL

There's a huge difference between 16 players catching a TD and scoring a TD as the others were defensive.  Never seen TB throw a TD to a defensive player on the Pats before.

Just admit, you got caught.

• The difference between us is I wasn't trying to prove anything, I was merely posting something that I just read.  I said I made a mistake on the original post.  

Another way we're different is I know and readily admit when I'm wrong, you actually don't know when you're wrong.

Yes, Barely ledgeable?  LOL

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

It's certainly the very definition of unpredictability... and a return to the Patriot way.

Unpredictictabilty?   Seems that it wasn't a typo at all, Right?  Seems like you messed up in saying 16 diff players caught a pass from TB.    Now, just man up.

• This post has been removed.

Unpredictictabilty?   Seems that it wasn't a typo at all, Right?  Seems like you messed up in saying 16 diff players caught a pass from TB.    Now, just man up.

What would you like me to do Pezz?

LOL, you have to at least shave your head in a mohawk and post a pic of it on your avatar, I mean you made the unforgivable mistake of a typo. It's not like you were wrong about how we have the worst defense ever like another poster I know.

Hey Pezz how did you like Jackie Macs article on how the Patriots defense has held opposing QB's to a 37 total qbr over the 2nd half of the season(you know the important half) for the last 2 years. Hey it's no big deal to be wrong, "just man up"....

• You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Try NOT blaming others for correcting your origional (incorrect post).  And while your at it, could you spell check for me?  Thanks!

Try NOT blaming others for correcting your origional (incorrect post).  And while your at it, could you spell check for me?  Thanks!

God you're a psycho, who am I blaming again?  And yes you'd be welcome to use the spell check at any time.

• Sections
    Shortcuts