Just going down the current team and deciding where improvements can be done, assuming all are signed.
1) Safety. I believe Harmon and DMC are ok but Gregory should be replaced and if T Wilson cannot compete then 2 additional players are needed. Player needs to hit and tackle.
RESPONSE: Absolutely. But, let's stop hoping for miracles with Tevon Wilson. He was one of a long list of terrible BB top 100 draft choices. If BB does continue in his quest to "manufacture" a safety, then get a guy with some size. But, not in the first three rounds, please!!
2) CB... L Ryan can play...Talib can play.. Dennard can play but wish he was bigger. Arrington is only decent at slot coverage.. One bigger DB should be picked maybe 2.
RESPONSE: Talib is going to cost big money. Ryan looks like a good reserve, or a good nickel CB.
3) LB. Mayo. Hightower. Collins should be good..but don't know if there are any players to challenge them
RESPONSE: Consider letting Mayo and Spikes go for cap reasons. Hightower and Collins looked good this year.
4) DE. Nink is average at best ( gives you what he's got but is still limited) improvement is needed).. C Jones is fun to watch and will get better. BUT who can challenge them? Upgrade is needed.
RESPONSE: Nink would be better as a situational player than a starter. He is the reincarnation of Mike Vrabel. The Pats need a DT more than they need a DE.
5) DT.. Can we be honest and forget all the love, but both VW and Kelly are getting old and Vince must have been 360 lbs last year. Both starters have been injured.. Jones was a surprise and I think improved over the year (has upside). Silinga has upside and a year in weightroom should make him better, the rest need to be replaced or significant improvement shown
RESPONSE: Both Kelly and Vince (huge cap number) should be released. The Pats badly need quality help at this position.
6) OL.. Solder was up and down ( mostly up). Volmer was steady and played well.. Cannon showed that he can play. Svitek was serviceable. Upgrade needed??
RESPONSE: Can Vollmer stay healthy? The Pats must decide on him in the offseason. I'd love to see Cannon be moved inside to RG, where I believe that he would flourish.
G. C. G needs to be addressed bigtime..Mankins causes me most confusion because be excels. At run blocking but really breaks down in pass blocking ay key times who thinks he is worth that Cap Salary ???
RESPONSE: Center Ryan Wendell was terrible this year, and needs to be replaced. RG Dan Connelly is average at best, and should be upgraded. Pats should draft an OT to groom to replace the unreliable Vollmer...and move Marcus Cannon inside.
7). TE 2 are needed so if gronk is out, at least some of the pass plays can be done. Today almost none are tried with Holman or mulligan.
RESPONSE: The Pats may try to trade or release Gronk. Though they could use help at TE, they have greater needs at SS, DT, and the OL.
8 WR .. Need 2 to challenge the young guys or win a job
RESPONSE: Brady will make do with whatever he's given to work with. Big decision on Julian Edelman. If the Pats don't sign him, look for him to go to the hated Jets.
9 Rb Will play the 3 or 4 there
RESPONSE: No worries here...although the Pats could use another RB who can catch coming out of the backfield. BB made a huge mistake in letting Danny Woodhead get away.
10.. QB need 2nd one to replace Brady when it's time ..anyone seen garapallo ???
RESPONSE: Is Mallett the answer? I think not. Do the Pats consider trading Tom Brady to, say, Houston for their #1 overall pick...plus? I know...it's blasphemy. But Tom will be 37 next season. Y'all saw how old Peyton Manning looked in the SB. Is it time for the Pats to reload, or rebuild? Remember what happened to the Celtics when they hung on to the "Big Three" too long.
What do you say???