In a "rebuilding year" anything less than a superbowl will be a let down

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from tankboytaylor. Show tankboytaylor's posts

Re: In a "rebuilding year" anything less than a superbowl will be a let down

losing to the Jets would blow although unlikely but I would still consider this year a sucess either way

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

no matter what, it has been a successful year compared to what all the fan nay-sayers and media nay-sayers were predicting, and the defense will just get better with next years draft. this team will be dominant for several years to come

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Evil2010. Show Evil2010's posts

In Response to In a "rebuilding year" anything less than a superbowl will be a let down:
    [QUOTE]At the beginning of the season i was thinking winning the east and getting into the playoffs with this team will be good.  Now after the way they ended the season...anything less than a superbowl will be a huge disappointment.....If we lose to the jets it will be worse than losing all of the regular season games....I hate the jets...if we lost to any other team in the playoffs other than the jets YUCK!!!
    Posted by tmmk[/QUOTE]

Pure pink helmet thinking. This year's team has exceded all expectations.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

Jeebus . . .

What a bunch of losers.

The Pats are the #1 seed.

Forget what you thought you knew at the beginning of the season.

There is only one goal.

If they don't finish, they've failed.

That's it.

There are no style points.

There's no "next season."

Who are  you people?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

In Response to Re: In a "rebuilding year" anything less than a superbowl will be a let down:
    [QUOTE]Jeebus . . . What a bunch of losers. The Pats are the #1 seed. Forget what you thought you knew at the beginning of the season. There is only one goal. If they don't finish, they've failed. That's it. There are no style points. There's no "next season." Who are  you people?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

You mean Coach won't use the "rebuilding year" in his pre-game talk next Sunday?  LOL

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rerun85. Show Rerun85's posts

You shouldn't think like this. When you have the Best team in the NFL you have to roll with it. You don't worry about losing until after you lose. All you have to do is enjoy what their doing. The Jets stink. The only way we lose to them, or Pittsburgh for that matter is if we fall apart and turn the ball over 3-4 times + multitudes of penalties.I'm going to proceed under the Assumption that they will be better prepared than any other team in the NFL and mop the floor with the Jets. The Steelers have seldom been a road block for us. Either they or the Ravens will be beaten.There is nobody that can out score this team unless we turn the Ball over.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Leonard15. Show Leonard15's posts

I agree it's Super Bowl or Bust as that is what makes me really nervous as last year I knew they weren't going to win the Super Bowl as a 10-6 team. I have the same nervous feeling as 2007 as I was really scared to loose and I feel the same way. If they lost to the Jets or any other playoff game for that matter it will feel way worst than last year b/c this year it was supposed to be the Super Bowl.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dyslexic. Show dyslexic's posts

Every teams goal at the beginning of the year is to get into the playoffs and win the Super Bowl. So yes it's 31 teams that will consider it a bust.

But this team has stayed focused on one day and one week at a time. They will be ready for the Jets.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

If we loose Sunday it's a huge disapointment. When you have Brady and Belichick, you had better win at least one playoff game, at home no less. If they lose in the post season to a team that has a different philosophy (big name free agents, living for now, laud mouth coach), the value aproach that we take will look a little..well not so hot. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

Whether or not the Pats go all the way and win the Lombardi Trophy, this years record of 14-2 was totally unexpected and to say anything but winning the Super Bowl  would be a bust is foolishness. Again there are 31 other teams in the NFL all with the same goal.We can't expect the Pats to win the Lombardi every year, although it seems like some fans think if we don't it's total failure. We need to remember that in the NFL any team can win or pull an upset on any given weekend. 

Some discount this year as not being a building year, but yes it was, especially on the defensive side of the team. The draft was overly successful meaning this team hopefully will have a bright future for some time, especially with an accumulation of draft picks coming up in this years strong draft class. With all that said this year was an unbridled success. 

Sure I'll be sad if the Pats fail to go all the way, but on the other hand I'll have enjoyed a great season with high expectations for the future. 

Hetchinspete    

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In Response to Re: In a "rebuilding year" anything less than a superbowl will be a let down:
    [QUOTE]Jeebus . . . What a bunch of losers. The Pats are the #1 seed. Forget what you thought you knew at the beginning of the season. There is only one goal. If they don't finish, they've failed. That's it. There are no style points. There's no "next season." Who are  you people?
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Mike, 

Sorry to disagree, but even if they don't go all the way this year has still been great and far from a failure. We can't expect the Pats to win every year. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

if they dont win the superbowl this year, it means they are in the same boat as 30 other teams. it means that they accomplished the same thing as the rams, meaning NOTHING. every team goes into a season with the ultimate goal of a championship. if you dont, you have to consider that is somewhat of a failure. did we improve on the future? yes. but in our quest for the ultimate goal, a ring, we failed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Reloadedagent31. Show Reloadedagent31's posts

I strongly believe that this Patriots team can win the Superbowl during a 'rebuilding year'. This year is inconsistent in terms of the heavyweights, so it'll be great to see them continue their 'dynastic' ways.

Sections
Shortcuts