In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Re: In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

In response to sporter81's comment:

thats pretty bad, very bad when considering how many times he's lost as the favorite. manning isn't very good under pressure, lets face it.  his brother eli is much better in a big game. there was a guy today saying that he thought peyton manning was the best ever, i actually think the guy was serious too..  manning isn't close to it. 

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

In response to themightypatriots' comment:

In response to Mike-J-D's comment:

true, but yeah, if some day Brady does have that many playoff losses, it'll be offset somewhat by the fact that, hopefully he'll also have the most wins.

It's 11, ELEVEN, playoff losses by Manning, tied with Favre for the most ever.  Brady has lost 6 in his career, only 2 one and done.  Manning is 8 one-and-done.

Dude, I'm not defending Horsehead here.  His record is hilarious.  I was just responding to the original question.  Then someone said Brady is somewhat close... I'm saying it's offest if he does get more playoff losses, he'll also have the most wins.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

thats pretty bad, very bad when considering how many times he's lost as the favorite. manning isn't very good under pressure, lets face it.  his brother eli is much better in a big game. there was a guy today saying that he thought peyton manning was the best ever, i actually think the guy was serious too..  manning isn't close to it. 

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

Well, it's too bad that QB's greatnesses are decided by their playoff records and not what they do in the regular season. No one ever ranks Marino ahead of Montana...well, no one except Peyton and Marino. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Underpants says he is clearly the greatest ever.

Yeah, but he'll come on here tomorrow (still licking his wounds tonight) bloviating about how PM didn't have a good D or some other excuse.  Here's the funny thing - TB is the first to step up to the post-game microphone and tell the world he stunk (when he does).  PM didn't even have the you-know-what to address the press corps.  That in and of itself speaks loudly as to who the better "man" is.  TB asks for no quarter and gives none.  PM is an entitled little spoiled brat - talented yes - successful yes - but a wimp just the same.  This isn't even close folks - if TB isn't the "greatest" ever in the minds of the press - fine.  But PM again proved he isn't even fit to carry TB's jock strap.  However, tomorrow we'll all be stuffed to the gills by the press corps about how "brave" and "valiant" PM is.  He may be good or even great - but he ain't Tom Brady.

come on stop the tough talk-i have great respect for brady and he has guts but he asks no quarter? if someone breathes on him he looks for a flag and he's always jawing at the refs-hate to tell u but outside NE he also has a bit of a rep as an entitled sort

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

Well, it's too bad that QB's greatnesses are decided by their playoff records and not what they do in the regular season. No one ever ranks Marino ahead of Montana...well, no one except Peyton and Marino. 

marino may have been the best ever as far as ability and being unstoppable but he wasn't a winner and certainly not like montana was

i dont think anyone is

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccsjl. Show ccsjl's posts

Brady will never hit 11 playoff losses - even if hes 1 and done tomorrow, brady wont be playing for 4 more seasons...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

marino may have been the best ever as far as ability and being unstoppable but he wasn't a winner and certainly not like montana was

i dont think anyone is

Well Brady is about to break Montana's win record, already broke Montana's Conference championship wins record and can tie Montana's SB wins record with another. 

Peyton, well...you know. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from gr82bme. Show gr82bme's posts

In response to gr82bme's comment:

In response to TheExaminer's comment:

Underpants says he is clearly the greatest ever.

Yeah, but he'll come on here tomorrow (still licking his wounds tonight) bloviating about how PM didn't have a good D or some other excuse.  Here's the funny thing - TB is the first to step up to the post-game microphone and tell the world he stunk (when he does).  PM didn't even have the you-know-what to address the press corps.  That in and of itself speaks loudly as to who the better "man" is.  TB asks for no quarter and gives none.  PM is an entitled little spoiled brat - talented yes - successful yes - but a wimp just the same.  This isn't even close folks - if TB isn't the "greatest" ever in the minds of the press - fine.  But PM again proved he isn't even fit to carry TB's jock strap.  However, tomorrow we'll all be stuffed to the gills by the press corps about how "brave" and "valiant" PM is.  He may be good or even great - but he ain't Tom Brady.

come on stop the tough talk-i have great respect for brady and he has guts but he asks no quarter? if someone breathes on him he looks for a flag and he's always jawing at the refs-hate to tell u but outside NE he also has a bit of a rep as an entitled sort

Given your post, you've obviously never seen a post-game interview following a big TB loss.  It isn't a question of "toughness," it's a question of self-accountability.  TB has it, PM doesn't.  Yapping for a flag is something all QB's do - facing and telling the world you stunk isn't.  Learn the difference sunshine.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

i dont think anyone is

Well Brady is about to break Montana's win record, already broke Montana's Conference championship wins record and can tie Montana's SB wins record with another. 

Peyton, well...you know. 

thats all well and good but brady is an all timer, probably top 5 but no montana

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PaulLaCourse. Show PaulLaCourse's posts

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

i dont think anyone is

Peyton, well...you know. 

thats all well and good but brady is an all timer, probably top 5 but no montana

Probably top five? What gall you have.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

i dont think anyone is

Peyton, well...you know. 

Top 5? Montana vs Brady is the only debate being settled in the next few years. He's already in the top 2. When you think about how much easier it was to sustain success in the non-cap era, there really is no debate.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Top 5? Montana vs Brady is the only debate being settled in the next few years. He's already in the top 2. "

Because of Montana's MVPs and stunning TD to interception ratio in the postseason, Brady IMO needs two more Super Bowl wins to decisively end the debate with Montana. If he wins one more it will be a serious debate. Some would throw Elway in there too, I would. I don't go further back than Elway in my ranking so Unitas Graham etc are not included.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BsLegion. Show BsLegion's posts

You just have hear all the cr@p on the hi-lites.  That should have been a PI and maybe that could have been a hold.  Bottom line he choked, again , and the proof was on that last interception. 

Oh yeah and what about their last plays in the 4th quarter, Gomer couldn't throw for a 1st down ? I guess he was scared and rightfully so. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You just have here all the cr@p on the hi-lites.  That should have been a PI and maybe that could have been a hold.  Bottom line he choked, again , and the proof was on that last interception. 

Oh yeah and what about their last plays in the 4th quarter, Gomer couldn't throw for a 1st down ? I guess he was scared and rightfully so. 

DEN had three TOs... all were on Manning

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

In response to BsLegion's comment:

You just have here all the cr@p on the hi-lites.  That should have been a PI and maybe that could have been a hold.  Bottom line he choked, again , and the proof was on that last interception. 

DEN had three TOs... all were on Manning

At the end of the day, that is it. In a close game no less. 

It isn't even the first two really, sometimes people turn the ball over. It's that last one, the INT in OT. Just vintage Manning.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

Let the excuses begin. Very first line of the article "This wasn't Peyton Mannings fault".

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-losing-end-another-playoff-upset-035518128--nfl.html

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

oh well guess i'll get in my buick verano and  go sell some pizza's

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

oh well guess i'll get in my buick verano and  go sell some pizza's

Daddy, me and Eli are coming home early again this year...

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

let's go eat some oreos

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

You know their going to hang this on champ bailey and or the safety that failed in prevent defense at the end of regulation. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I can't believe this guy tosses an interception like that in overtime...just unbelievable. Here his team gives him 14 points off kick returns and what does he do? He gives back 7 of those points with a pick 6 and then throws across his body (rookie move) in overtime. Never mind the fumble.

He made two fantastic throws for touchdowns...made a bunch of routine ones...had others that looked bad..and then threw that back breaking, career defining, legacy damaging, crap your pants, kill your team, send 70k home sad, interception.

This guy got all the attention this year??  

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:

Top 5? Montana vs Brady is the only debate being settled in the next few years. He's already in the top 2. When you think about how much easier it was to sustain success in the non-cap era, there really is no debate.

This

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from brady-is-clutch. Show brady-is-clutch's posts

playtex owns this record, his 8x one done is the top of the mountain, the next closest was a group of guys with 4x one and done, and that included joe montana, but joe knows super bowls, 4-4 11 TD 0 int, and playtex has now tied favre for the most playoff loss's with 11, at least favre was 13-11 versus 9-11.

Sections
Shortcuts