In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kman2004. Show kman2004's posts

Re: In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to 49Patriots's comment:

In response to sporter81's comment:

thats pretty bad, very bad when considering how many times he's lost as the favorite. manning isn't very good under pressure, lets face it.  his brother eli is much better in a big game. there was a guy today saying that he thought peyton manning was the best ever, i actually think the guy was serious too..  manning isn't close to it. 

best reg season ever yes

playoffs no

Well, it's too bad that QB's greatnesses are decided by their playoff records and not what they do in the regular season. No one ever ranks Marino ahead of Montana...well, no one except Peyton and Marino. 

marino may have been the best ever as far as ability and being unstoppable but he wasn't a winner and certainly not like montana was

i dont think anyone is

Well Brady is about to break Montana's win record, already broke Montana's Conference championship wins record and can tie Montana's SB wins record with another. 

Peyton, well...you know. 

thats all well and good but brady is an all timer, probably top 5 but no montana

If the Patriots win 2 more games this season, he will be considered hands down the all time best quarterback and he won't even be done. Your Gomer won't even enter into the conversation for 4th best.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

true, but yeah, if some day Brady does have that many playoff losses, it'll be offset somewhat by the fact that, hopefully he'll also have the most wins.

[/QUOTE]

In case you didn't notice yesterday was Brady's 17th playoff win, the most ever passing Joe Montana. 

Hetch

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Hetchinspete. Show Hetchinspete's posts

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Thats 11 playoff chokes - now tied with Farve for #1....

Favre has 11 but he also won 13 playoff games.  

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In response to Hetchinspete's comment:

In response to ccsjl's comment:

Thats 11 playoff chokes - now tied with Farve for #1....

Favre has 11 but he also won 13 playoff games.  

Brady has to play 4 or 5 more seasons, presuming the Pats win the SB this year, get to the playoffs in each one just to TIE Favre and Manning for losses and his lead in wins will just grow. That says a lot for TB and the Pats these last 12 years.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

In response to kansaspatriot's comment:

let's go eat some oreos

This is absolutely hilarious! I forgot about this commercial.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

How, if Manning is the best statistical QB of his generation, is this possible?  

Isn't it impossible?  I mean coaching is unecessary, it's all about the players isn't it?

I guess his career along with Marino's and Tarkenton's shoots holes in that putrid theory...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from xBruzer77. Show xBruzer77's posts

Because it never gets old!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In this case, the numbers do speak for themselves.  Peyton is a hell of a quarterback and can be absolutely deadly in clutch situations - except in the post-season.  He just hasn't produced consistently when the spotlight is on him the most.  8 1-n-dones is very poor for someone with his regular season record of success.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

How, if Manning is the best statistical QB of his generation, is this possible?  

Isn't it impossible?  I mean coaching is unecessary, it's all about the players isn't it?

I guess his career along with Marino's and Tarkenton's shoots holes in that putrid theory...

Who says coaching is unnecessary?  Are you trying to say Marino would be the greatest but Shula wasn't any good?  Any considerations for the other 52 players?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Those that say Manning didn't have a supporting cast have a valid argument. Both Manning and Marino may be the the best that have done the most with the least. But that doesn't bold well for championships. No question regular season he puts up the numbers. But the post season brings about more complete teams.

I put Brady, Manning, Marino, Young and Montana as the best in my generation.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to PATSthebest's comment:

Those that say Manning didn't have a supporting cast have a valid argument. Both Manning and Marino may be the the best that have done the most with the least. But that doesn't bold well for championships. No question regular season he puts up the numbers. But the post season brings about more complete teams.

How do they have a point?  At one point Mannings entire offense was HOFers and first rounders.  Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Rhodes- all first rounders.  James was one of the best RBs in the NFL but whenever they got to the endzone Manning called his own number to get the TD.  Wayne and Garcon had thier best seasons ever after Manning left.  

Outside of Montana I'm not sure any QB ever played with as much talent as Manning from 2002-2006.  Two HOF WRs, a top TE and top RB.  And the defense, how about the #1 defense on 2007, and #2 in 2005.  All of this while playing in a dome against expansion teams and all he's done is produce nearly identical numbers to Brady with the exception of grossing more yards and interceptions from throwing more passes.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

How do they have a point?  At one point Mannings entire offense was HOFers and first rounders.  Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Rhodes- all first rounders.  Rhodes was one of the best RBs in the NFL but whenever they got to the ends one Manning called his own number to get the TD.  Wayne and Garcon had thier best seasons ever after Manning left.  

Outside of Montana I'm not sure any QB ever played with as much talent as Manning from 2002-2006.  Two HOF WRs, a top TE and top RB.  And the defense, how about the #1 defense on 2007, and #2 in 2005.  All of this while playing in a dome against expansion teams and all he's done is produce nearly identical numbers to Brady with the exception of grossing more yards and interceptions from throwing more passes.

I think you mean Edgerrin James, but yeah the supporting cast argument is pretty lame.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

How do they have a point?  At one point Mannings entire offense was HOFers and first rounders.  Wayne, Harrison, Clark, Rhodes- all first rounders.  Rhodes was one of the best RBs in the NFL but whenever they got to the ends one Manning called his own number to get the TD.  Wayne and Garcon had thier best seasons ever after Manning left.  

Ever wonder about how Manning's career would have been if he played for an outdoor team like Brady has his entire career?  Look at Brees.. same thing, a dome team.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Haven't you heard?  Wayne and Harrison wouldn't have been any good if it wasn't for Manning, but Welker, Gronk and Hernandez made Brady.  He wouldn't be any good without them.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Rhodes, take a look at his stats. As for Clark, no Manning no HOF. Manning made a lot of players and coaches succesful, give the guy his due. Dungie / Caldwell no BB.

It's a similar argument that when players or coaches leave NE they have no success. Manning has a big impact on the game and how the opponents have to play Indy both on offense and defense.

Trying to be Objective I think Brady is better. I just think if Manning played for the PATS or Steelers his playoff record would be much better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

In response to pcmIV's comment:

Haven't you heard?  Wayne and Harrison wouldn't have been any good if it wasn't for Manning, but Welker, Gronk and Hernandez made Brady.  He wouldn't be any good without them.

No way Gronk, Welker, Hern all great, but Brady is the guy that brings their best out. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Rhodes, take a look at his stats. 

He meant Edgerrin James.  You know the guy who has over 12000 yards and and 80 rushing Tds.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No way Gronk, Welker, Hern all great, but Brady is the guy that brings their best out. 

I was being sarcastic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

Rhodes, take a look at his stats. 

He meant Edgerrin James.  You know the guy who has over 12000 yards and and 80 rushing Tds.

And how did James do after he left Indy?

Look, it is what it is Manning was/is a great QB and a class act. Along with Brady they are the Bird / Magic of the NFL.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

He had already played 7 seasons at that point.  Plenty of running backs don't last that long.  I suspect you are a troll posing as a Pats fan.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSthebest. Show PATSthebest's posts

He had already played 7 seasons at that point.  Plenty of running backs don't last that long.  I suspect you are a troll posing as a Pats fan.

No insults please, been a PATS fan since Jim Plukentt. Endured many years of pain and am enjoying the success the past 10+ years.

I just appreciate what Manning has done.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Cloudyandrain. Show Cloudyandrain's posts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_starting_quarterback_playoff_records

There is a stat on Espn that Manning have i think eight one and done. He was at the top of Warren Moon, Joe Montana, Elway, which all had four one and done.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Who says coaching is unnecessary?  Are you trying to say Marino would be the greatest but Shula wasn't any good?  Any considerations for the other 52 players?

Somebody here started a thread that implied coaching was overrated and it was all about talent.  

In Marino's case I think Shula, well past retirement age, had allowed the NFL to pass him by and was content to let Marino run the show.  Shula's championship teams were built on solid defense and a pounding run game, two thousand yard rushers in the undefeated season, in the Marino years he forgot what made him a brand name.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

Somebody here started a thread that implied coaching was overrated and it was all about talent.  

In Marino's case I think Shula, well past retirement age, had allowed the NFL to pass him by and was content to let Marino run the show.  Shula's championship teams were built on solid defense and a pounding run game, two thousand yard rushers in the undefeated season, in the Marino years he forgot what made him a brand name.

Surely you don't mean the execution vs play calling debate.  You took play execution to mean coaching is overratted?  

The NFL changed the rules in 1979 to favor passing and none of Shula's earlier teams were built to compete in the more passer friendly NFL.  I think Shula probably went too pass heavy either by design or because the talent he had.  However, in many ways I think Marino's 82 season was the first time anyone had really figured out how to use the new passer rules and Shula was ahead of the game at the time.  But the NFL eventually caught up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

I suspect you are a troll posing as a Pats fan.

Funny how easy it is to spot them

Sections
Shortcuts