In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: In all seriouness does any other QB have 8 Playoff 1 and outs?

12 playoff appearances
    8 x his teams failed to win a single game
    One and done percentage - 67%
    2 out of every 3 times he's been to the playoffs, he doesnt even make it past his opening round game
    Incredible
    Numbers like those automatically disqualify Gomer from consideration in the "best QB ever" discussion
    If he was even in the discussion...

Brady's numbers btw are 10/2/20%

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ccnsd. Show ccnsd's posts

In response to shenanigan's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to shenanigan's comment:

Who says coaching is unnecessary?  Are you trying to say Marino would be the greatest but Shula wasn't any good?  Any considerations for the other 52 players?

Somebody here started a thread that implied coaching was overrated and it was all about talent.  

In Marino's case I think Shula, well past retirement age, had allowed the NFL to pass him by and was content to let Marino run the show.  Shula's championship teams were built on solid defense and a pounding run game, two thousand yard rushers in the undefeated season, in the Marino years he forgot what made him a brand name.

Surely you don't mean the execution vs play calling debate.  You took play execution to mean coaching is overratted?  

The NFL changed the rules in 1979 to favor passing and none of Shula's earlier teams were built to compete in the more passer friendly NFL.  I think Shula probably went too pass heavy either by design or because the talent he had.  However, in many ways I think Marino's 82 season was the first time anyone had really figured out how to use the new passer rules and Shula was ahead of the game at the time.  But the NFL eventually caught up.

The rule change was in 1978 I believe. The Dolphins were very talented during Marino's early years. They lost the Super Bowl one year before his arrival to the Redskins. Their defense collapsed in the mid 80's wasting many of Marino's prime years before recovering in the early 90's. They could never get past teams like the Bills in the playoffs though. Just before Marino retired he played on some great defensive teams coached by Jimmy Johnson but he was no longer the QB he was in his youth and he might have been the week link on those teams unfortunately. A little off the topic but it was the Air Coryell Chargers in my opinion who first exploited the new passing rules to great effect. I believe if you average out Fouts strike shortened  1982 season to 16 games he would have cleared 5000+ yards well before Brees did and Marino was a still a senior at Pitt..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

Well at least Peyton can throw 3 TD's against the Ravens.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wasecl. Show wasecl's posts

Peyton was a lot more competitive. Outside a major collapse in the secondary he would have won. The Pats needed 7 changed plays towin!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to wasecl's comment:

Peyton was a lot more competitive. Outside a major collapse in the secondary he would have won. The Pats needed 7 changed plays towin!

his kicker also missed a FG

Sections
Shortcuts